Webley & Scott Nemesis .177 Reviews

Webley & Scott Nemesis .177
Webley & Scott Nemesis .177

“very nice gun.”

Written on: 23/07/2011

I bought my nemesis from Bates gun shop in B,ham about 1992. This is a great target shooting gun, it's very accurate too. mines is the 177 cal. just 2 weeks ago i shot my first big rat(about 10 ")without the tail, in my friends back garden in Handsworth. It was at a distance of 12 or 13 feet away, It was a clean head shot. The pellet went straight threw. I had a 1.5 x 15 scope on it at the time. I have just upgraded the scope to a 4 x 32 scope (much better). I would have this pistol any… Read Full Review

“I love my Nemesis pistols. I have a .177 and a .22....”

Written on: 17/11/2010

I love my Nemesis pistols. I have a .177 and a .22. They are very accurate and seem to be made to last a lifetime. The "no recoil" aspect of shooting them is strange at first (compared to other Webleys, i.e. Tempest) but is easy to adapt to. The .177 seems to have more punch that the .22, but I would not use either for pest eradication, I don't think they have the power for it. Target and plinking they are fine… Read Full Review

“I bought my Nemesis as NOS at a gun show last year. ...”

Written on: 25/05/2010 by Dehouser (11 reviews written)

I bought my Nemesis as NOS at a gun show last year. The dealer did not have the original box, but did supply a manual. I was taken with the gun right from my first look. It has the right heft to it, and despite other reviewers finding it aesthetically uninspiring, I really like its look. The gun smacks of British Webley quality: lots of metal, retaining pins and clips, and well fitted components. My first forays into firing the Nemesis were a bit confounding, as the trigger had been set to… Read Full Review

“I own an original webley scott 177 hand air pistol,...”

Written on: 28/02/2010

I own an original webley scott 177 hand air pistol, number 61 of production line, possibly approximately 90yrs + and would like to find out where i can get an apraisal.. any information would be gratefully recieved.. please email me at : janede71@hotmail.co.uk.

many thanks.

“I have 1 of these guns they are amazing im 11 i love...”

Written on: 07/11/2009

I have 1 of these guns they are amazing im 11 i love it although no recoil =[
Although its really good for shooting targets. I really recommend it… Read Full Review

“So now,2009, you can only buy one secondhand. I just...”

Written on: 29/08/2009 by PaulR986 (2 reviews written)

So now,2009, you can only buy one secondhand. I just have. I'll admit that I am a collector of Webley airpistols so wanted an example to make my collection complete. That said I don't go for mint condition because I like to use each one.
Considering the price I was surprised how substantial it is. The bottom half almost harks back to the Webley glory days - originally drop forged steel then cast alloy. This is alloy - mine polished up with metal polish to an almost chrome finish - quite… Read Full Review

“Overall a very good shooting gun, and it's excellent...”

Written on: 29/09/2008 by Summj002 (16 reviews written)

Overall a very good shooting gun, and it's excellent for plinking cans and stuff, so have fun with it.

Unfortunately Webley have now discontinued production of the Nemesis, so there are only a few places you can get it. But persevere, you won't be disappointed by it's overall performance… Read Full Review

“I have had a Webley and Scott Nemesis for about 6...”

Written on: 08/12/2006 by tomski (1 review written)

I have had a Webley and Scott Nemesis for about 6 months I have competed nationally and this is a very accurate gun, great for 10m range or even 20m although it is not the most exciting guns to look at, as long as it performs well i don't think looks matter… Read Full Review

“I swapped an old air rifle for the Webley & Scott...”

Written on: 12/03/2006 by cptman (39 reviews written)

I swapped an old air rifle for the Webley & Scott Nemesis, thank goodness I didn't spend money on it.
Although it is well made etc, this gun lacks any character. It's dull to look at (horribly plastic)and boring to use.
Having said all that it's quite accurate and has the power you'd expect from gun of this type.
But it's still boring!!… Read Full Review

“The Webley & Scott Nemesis .177 is a good well made...”

Written on: 06/12/2005 by GiroJohn (60 reviews written)

The Webley & Scott Nemesis .177 is a good well made pistol. Single shot, feels strange because it is recoiless. Very accurate, good for 10m
range or tin cans… Read Full Review

270078_Tomski's Response to GiroJohn's Review

Written on: 08/12/2006

I have had a Webley and Scott Nemesis for about 6 months. I am 14, and I have competed nationally. I find it is a very accurate pistol, but it does lack character, but when competing looks do not matter. As long as the gun preforms I am happy.

See next 10 reviews Showing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews

“I got the Webley & Scott Nemesis .177 gun 4 days ago...”

Written on: 02/09/2005 by dom the shot (1 review written)

I got the Webley & Scott Nemesis .177 gun 4 days ago and have shot about 200 pellets I was amazed at how good the accuracy was with a red dot sight.The standerd sight is a bit big for my liking but with the red dot sight I could not miss.The gun has no recoil giving it a bit of a lifeless felling but I suppose this improves accuracy… Read Full Review

Buckle's Response to dom the shot's Review

Written on: 24/11/2005

I agree with your review - I'm using one as a target pistol. Does anyone know where I can get an "Aimbrace" for it? They are discontinued from Webley now.

“I had a Webley & Scott Nemesis .177 about 3 years...”

Written on: 17/04/2004 by Big Dave UK (7 reviews written)

I had a Webley & Scott Nemesis .177 about 3 years ago. I payed about £85. This is a very good gun for targets and plinking, but not hunting. Pellets are fired at about 385fps, althogh it seems faster. I have seen power quoted from 2-4ftlbs so I'm not to sure on that. It is very accurate, probably due to it's recoiless pneumatic action and it's fairly long and rifled barrel. It is easy to cock and load once you get used to the rather original layout. The safety catch works very well and has a… Read Full Review

“A very good gun combined with a not so good gun! ”

Written on: 02/01/2004 by RebeL fARmeR (4 reviews written)

A very good gun combined with a not so good gun!
First thing you notice when you open the box is that your gun is absolutely covered in tiny bits of polystyrene which take the whole morning to get off! The rear sight can be fully adjusted, which is great. The elevation is adjusted by turning a screw that connects with a fixed nut, the sight pushes up against this screw so the more you loosen the screw, the higher the rear sight will be. Unfortunately, every time I closed the overlever (top… Read Full Review

Platinum Matt's Response to RebeL fARmeR's Review

Written on: 31/01/2004

Good review, well done.

Joelbarritt's Response to RebeL fARmeR's Review

Written on: 25/08/2004

Hi just thought people would like to know jsramsbottom is selling the black version of these for £55!!! and absolute bargain mines already on order
<br>
<br>His advert can be found in Airguner magazine or you can obtain the number from www.jsramsbottom.com
<br>
<br>Please note this is only the black version the nickle one is still £80

Mr Black's Response to RebeL fARmeR's Review

Written on: 14/02/2004

I've got to say I'm impressed with your rather extensive and bold remodelling of this pistol, I for one would never attempt such a feat!- I own a Webley Hurricane, and going back to your pellet recommendations, I personally find after much experimentation that Air Arms Diablo Field pellets are by far the most unbelievably accurate when it comes to Webley Pistols....

“This air pistol is great. It is very accurate for it...”

Written on: 19/10/2003

This air pistol is great. It is very accurate for it class. I love the feel, the looks, and the reliability. I added a Red Dot Scope and I can hit small pebbles at 10 meters. Just a fun gun overall… Read Full Review

“The Webley Nemesis is a great little pistol,well...”

Written on: 25/12/2002 by H. (1 review written)

The Webley Nemesis is a great little pistol,well made,very accurate and not expensive at all.It's the perfect back garden plinker or target pistol...I've got the Aimbrace shoulder stock aswell that turns it into a mini carbine that really can put the pellet where you want it!
The only thing I'm not keen on when firing it is there's no recoil(a bonus to most people)I like a bit of recoil,it makes the gun feel more 'alive'.
The Nemesis is never going to be a Weihrauch 45, but it's a bargain at… Read Full Review

Spudhead77.'s Response to 60329_H.'s Review

Written on: 18/07/2003

spot on mate

Librarian's Response to 60329_H.'s Review

Written on: 18/01/2007

You can actually get a .22 to go over 6ft/lb by changing the pump and air reservoir to a .177, so you need to change the barrel to a .22 to get more power than the Weihrauch 45, and it will be a lot more accurate as well. With the sights sitting on the same mountings as the barrel, you get consistent aim point, and if you use a TV screen style red dot, mounted to look like a foresight, you have enough room to close the cocking mechanism without catching the sight.
<br/>As far as power goes, people confuse power with penetration. Both the Nemesis and Hurricane are factory rated at 3.2ft/lb. The .177 will penetrate better as it is smaller, has less surface area, and is travelling faster. The .22 has more wallop, as it has greater mass and arrives like a brick through a plate glass window. Simply, the .177 is a stiletto and the .22 is a club. Both will achieve the same result on a card target and both will kill small prey up to 10 metres (if YOU hit it, cause I know the pistols can).