Titleist 975J Reviews

Titleist 975J - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Titleist 975J

Titleist 975J

“Better than the 460cc monsters out today”

Written on: 14/03/2013

Great classic head shape, smaller size (312cc). Sets up square. Solid dull crack at impact. Sucker goes long with slight fade. Getting 5-10 yards more than r11s. Going for peanuts on ebay. Also awesome off the deck. My new weapon of choice. Never going back to the 460cc monstrosities… Read Full Review

Titleist 975J

“I got this club for 39 dollars, I am never paying for ...”

Written on: 18/07/2008

I got this club for 39 dollars, I am never paying for new clubs again when the old clubs still provide this good of a pop… Read Full Review

Titleist 975J

“6 handi and i cant get any distance out of this thing....”

Written on: 22/06/2008

6 handi and i cant get any distance out of this thing. The sweet spot is very small. i regret buying it. Feels good in hand… Read Full Review

Titleist 975J

“Titleist 975J - Bought this club a few years ago...”

Written on: 24/07/2006 by Cousy74 (1 review written)

Titleist 975J - Bought this club a few years ago second hand for 100.00 $ Perfect club to draw the ball with. Changed the original shaft to a UST. Not as long like the newer drivers, but might keep ball in play more… Read Full Review

Titleist 975J

“I bought my Titleist 975J from a guy who gave up on...”

Written on: 28/12/2005 by McBl8de (2 reviews written)

I bought my Titleist 975J from a guy who gave up on it. He had bought into the hype and burned himself out with its low loft and the "upgraded" 45" shaft, speed rated at 90+and also 1/2"tipped.
Thankfully the face was square and the original slightly firm shaft was thrown in with the modest price.
I changed shaft, trimmed to 43 3/4" and added 6 grams of lead strips to the back/bottom. It performs like the 9.5deg. I tested much earlier but couldn't afford. Playing into a wind is never a problem… Read Full Review

Titleist 975J

“I bought my Titleist 975J second hand with a fairly...”

Written on: 06/05/2004 by mikeyh (1 review written)

I bought my Titleist 975J second hand with a fairly stiff Harrison shaft - I think the shaft is the icing on the cake as this undoubtedly the most balanced, well-weighted club I have ever used… Read Full Review

Titleist 975J

“I bought the Titleist 975J club on the suggestion of a...”

Written on: 31/08/2003 by vleller (1 review written)

I bought the Titleist 975J club on the suggestion of a few guys I use to respect there oppinion..not anymore..I paid over $300 for the club, and would sell it today to the first person that offered me half that..I had a Grafalloy Prolite Shaft and Titleist
Grips put on the club,What a waist of money..I hit the ball well and Know the feel of a good drive..the 975J does not give me that at all, a very weak feeling..I personally do not see any real value you get from this club..my suggestion, keep… Read Full Review

Titleist 975J

“This is simply the best golf club ever created. Ive...”

Written on: 02/08/2003 by Canada_16. (1 review written)

This is simply the best golf club ever created. Ive been using it for a while now and it has turned my once non-existant driving game into perfection. Its nice to walk up to the tee-box with the confidence that I will outdrive everyone in my group. Im a decent 16 handicap, since purchasing this club, I have yet to play with another player that can out hit me. It is very easy to hit a draw or a fade or just simply crush it down the pipe. It took a few months to get used to it but once you get… Read Full Review

Titleist 975J

“The new Titleist 975J is by far the best driver on the...”

Written on: 19/12/2002 by Wmc. (1 review written)

The new Titleist 975J is by far the best driver on the market, in fact a number of guys on tour play with it. It is easy to put maybe a little cut or draw on it and best of all easy to hit straight. Don't bother with the 975VS of 975FE; they supossedly make you either draw or fade but what if you naturally try to hit it straight and what if one day you stop slicing and start hooking. The standard shaft in it is a Titleist Ultralight which is pretty nice but in a stiff flex it acts more like a… Read Full Review

109328_Andy.'s Response to 59152_Wmc.'s Review

Written on: 21/06/2003

Good and fair comments. I only read this today having got my hands on one of these yesterday. I can confirm the views on shafts etc. My pro tells me a titleist stiff shaft is the same flex as a callaway firm but with a different kick point (sounds very technical to me!)
<br>
<br>I prefer the club to the latest callaway and TaylorMade. Every other club in my bag is callaway so it was a major decision to change for me.
<br>
<br>This driver looks classy, sits well behind the ball, has more 'weight' than my old Great Big Bertha and plays 20-30 yds longer (better/stronger flight).
<br>
<br>Catch one quick - they are on sale. The new replacement looks set to take the market by storm but it is loads of money.
<br>
<br>Great gear lasts for ages and makes for a good investment at sale/discount prices.
<br>
<br>If you can still find one - have a trial hit. Great value as an end of line model.