Yamaha BWS Reviews

Yamaha BWS - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Yamaha BWS

Yamaha BWS
Yamaha BWS

“SHOULD BE CALLED BS NOT BWS”

Written on: 18/06/2013

I have had this bike (Bws 125 ) for four weeks Brand new bike only 350 miles on it so far . Im not impressed because it keeps stalling when i stop at the lights or junctions . I cant really understand why every one raves about how good they are may be i just got a bad one… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/07/2013

Just An update the BS will be going back to the dealer for the second time as it is still stalling even after the dealer changed the coil pack ht lead and spark plug the first time it went in.
I also had it serviced while it was in the first time .
I hope it will be fixed this time but to be honest it dont feel that confident and really dont enjoy riding it, as im taking risk at junctions and round abouts in case it stalls when i stop .

Written on: 15/10/2013

This piece of junk will be going back to the yamaha monkeys yet again when they collect it as its really slow to pull away and no where near as fast as it should be push bike again i suppose .

Written on: 08/11/2013

Well the yamaha monkeys collected this pile of junk looked at it for a week couldnt find any thing wrong when they road tested it and delivered it back .
The second day of riding it after it being returned it started playing up again has a flat spot and is really slow .
Once again yamaha thanks for showing me how rubbish your bikes and mechanics are .

Written on: 18/07/2013

Well the Yamaha Dealer has had the BS for a week now and its still not fixed i had to get the RAC out after it would not start out side my work the rac bloke got it going after about two minuites i rode it home it stalled and yamaha collected it from my house that night. To be honest i dont think they have a clue what is wrong with it .
I can now understand why people call japanese bikes JAP ****

“I have a yammy(hehe) bws50 2006. I have put some money...”

Written on: 22/03/2011

I have a yammy(hehe) bws50 2006. I have put some money into it. Compared to a car, I'm laughing. A little slow off the line. Smallest investment for largest payoff. Great in the city. Cheap on gas. No, I don't work for a dealer. All stock, runs great. I want to drive it forever. Summer's coming, can't wait. BWS 50cc club, what do you think? It's fun. I love my yammy… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 19/07/2011

Not gunna lie BWS CW50's ARE THE BEST SCOOTERS EVER :)

“I have recently bought a BW (1990 H reg)since the ever...”

Written on: 16/03/2011

I have recently bought a BW (1990 H reg)since the ever incresing fuel costs to commute to work which is now costing me £6 as opposed to £40 a week in the car and in all honestly a can not fault it, other than it is a little slow on hills.

I would highley reccomend the bike for anyone wished to commute to work and run around and also beat the ever increasing fule cost.

Matthellis's Comment

Written on: 12/07/2013

hello I have the same bike, same year, is yours restricted to 30mph, it is the law in England but I don't know if a restrictor was fitted to comply, if yours is unrestricted how well does it run?

“Had the little yammie for 2 months and serving me...”

Written on: 06/10/2010

Had the little yammie for 2 months and serving me good, mine is a French import so not restricted fully, its reliable but does not like cold mournings, it has taken from Nottingham to Skegness and back with 3 days worth camping stuff and cost in fuel was £4.00 there and £4.00 back, I have a huge respect for this scooter, don't buy a cheap Chinese import get one of these.

“I love my BWS, its called Billy, my folks bought it...”

Written on: 26/03/2010

I love my BWS, its called Billy, my folks bought it for my 16th and its still going strong 5 years on!

A few bad points: its quite hard to get parts for, also severe lack of storage means you end up carrying your helmet everywhere.

Good points: big tyres make it very stable and comfortable, picks up speed well, not very common so it stands out a bit, easy to control generally, even with loads of scratches it still looks fairly good, an all round great first bike.

Having said that mine doesnt… Read Full Review

“I have a BWS NG (Next generation) which has been...”

Written on: 16/03/2010

I have a BWS NG (Next generation) which has been de-restricted. I've had it for 3 months now and it's great.

Pros:
Reliable
Quick
Manouverable
Good tyres

Cons:
Not enough room for helmet under seat
Lights are quite dim
Does not always start on the electric
Not as fuel efficient as expected

“The Bws is probably the best scooter I have ever...”

Written on: 08/03/2010

The Bws is probably the best scooter I have ever owned, and this will be my 8th different manufacturer of bike. Stock power was a little low to start with but a little race exhaust made hills more bearable and it seemed a little quicker off the mark too. I have an older model of the Bws so I imagine the later ones are better still. I would take this any day over the Chinese imports or any other 50cc bike. Value for money is just insane and even after 14 years this little bike is still going… Read Full Review

“Great on gas. Starter still works fine. Good looking...”

Written on: 25/01/2010

Great on gas. Starter still works fine. Good looking scooter. A little weak
up hills is my only complaint. Otherwise an awesome scooter. Great in the city. I wish I knew how much the financing was going to cost me. I got all the recommended maintenance for the first couple of years. I think it'll last forever. I love my BWS… Read Full Review

“The Yamaha BWS is a good bike smooth ride bilt of bike...”

Written on: 20/06/2009

The Yamaha BWS is a good bike smooth ride bilt of bike is only so,so but still really nice bike and drives good… Read Full Review

“BWS 2006 has just started breaking down costing me...”

Written on: 04/06/2009

BWS 2006 has just started breaking down costing me more money then I care to put into a scooter so soon. I thought it would have lasted longer. For a 2006 I didn't expect to already pay $900.00 in fixing it. Might aswell buy a new one for that price… Read Full Review

“The Yamaha BWS scooter is excellent very reliable and...”

Written on: 25/05/2009

The Yamaha BWS scooter is excellent very reliable and good on gas… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2011

I work down town, and I usually filled up my acura TL $70 of gas, I just got my 50cc yamaha scooter and I put $4 of gas and it will last me for week. It feel good to pay less on gas.

“yamaha bws great bike had it now for a few months now...”

Written on: 25/04/2009 by madmatt69 (1 review written)

yamaha bws great bike had it now for a few months now and only one thing has gone wrong with it this the carb got blocked this was only minor… Read Full Review

“my yamaha bws for some reason loses power when going...”

Written on: 24/04/2009

my yamaha bws for some reason loses power when going up hill and finds it hard to get moving any ideas… Read Full Review

456294_Madmatt69's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2009

ur clutch might be worn have a look not entirely sure but sounds like it might be the clutch

“I simply love my Yamaha BWS. Of course like any other...”

Written on: 25/02/2009

I simply love my Yamaha BWS. Of course like any other guy on this planet, I wish it went faster (but that would be the same even if I had a 500cc bike - always faster you know...)
Anyway, I was saying that I love it: the looks, comfort, very fun to drive around, and pretty fast off the line for a 3.2 horse power engine. So far it seem reliable too. I put 19.000 km on it so far… Read Full Review

“But another point is wich is the Bws looks like.”

Written on: 20/11/2008

But another point is wich is the Bws looks like.
I think they can switch the lokking.
They can use new things. I think if the bws lokks like a little bit better, than its the best scooter of the world… Read Full Review

“I bought my 2008 BWS used in September this year. It...”

Written on: 11/11/2008 by flyfishn (1 review written)

I bought my 2008 BWS used in September this year. It had 152 k on it. I know have 2130 k on it. I use it as a daily commuter 40 k a day return. I ride a twisty little road with some good hilLs on it next to the ocean. I ride it in all weather conditions. What a hoot this bike has been. I can't wait to put a pipe on it and some other mods. Though I will not put a carb kit on it. I have 2 windshield, the small for summer and the largest for winter, though I wish it was bigger. One of my peeves is… Read Full Review

“I love my Yamaha BWS. I've only had it only a week and...”

Written on: 10/10/2008 by scanman (1 review written)

I love my Yamaha BWS. I've only had it only a week and have already put 500 kms on it. I bought it (a black 2006) second hand and added a Givi topcase the same day I bought it. Tons of storage space. I can do up to 72 kms/hour (on a downward slope). It slows down a bit on upward grades but generally manages to keep up with in-town traffic. Very fast off the line. It took a little while to get use to the riding position. My last scooert was an '85 250cc Honda Elite. I like the Yamaha better… Read Full Review

“Ive got yammy BW ' S 50 cw, ng. Its fully...”

Written on: 16/09/2008

Ive got yammy BW ' S 50 cw, ng. Its fully de-restricted and does 74 mph! im running a 70cc big bore kit 70 cc crank shaft got the cylinder head skimmed as low as possible and a shorter spark plug for more compression, race variator gears n centrifugal clutch, race carb, bottle booster, carbon reed valve, super charger kit no air filter! Custom cdi unit has 3 settings, race exhaust system for a 100cc bizz wizz, and suspension lift kit on rear end chrome forks up rated caliper 6 pot! Chrome… Read Full Review

“Good bike for beginners and even summer...”

Written on: 23/06/2008

Good bike for beginners and even summer transportations. Never had a problem yet and fast too. People is quite impress in this kind of scooter… Read Full Review

“I put a 70cc kit and a 70cc pipe on my Yamaha BWS and...”

Written on: 20/05/2008 by saucepanjeff (1 review written)

I put a 70cc kit and a 70cc pipe on my Yamaha BWS and let me tell you something brother I loose sight of stock bw's in my mirror.
I can pull up to any scooter like derby, aprilla, and make them wish they had a Yamaha. When you go up a hill its easy to accelerate. What else can I say? Its the best bang for your buck… Read Full Review