Philips eXpanium Reviews

• Battery Life

Philips eXpanium - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Philips eXpanium

Philips eXpanium

“The CD stops on its own, even when lying flat on a...”

Written on: 28/01/2006 by stanvey (1 review written)

The CD stops on its own, even when lying flat on a table with no movement. Steer clear of the Philips eXpanium if you want reliable CD playback, and go with a dedicated MP3 player… Read Full Review

Philips eXpanium

“All in all, the Philips Expanium is a pretty decent...”

Written on: 07/06/2002 by mr.coffee. (1 review written)

All in all, the Philips Expanium is a pretty decent portable MP3 player but it has it's shortcomings. I would say unless you find it cheap, like I did, give this one a miss for now; wait for the next revision… Read Full Review

Philips eXpanium

“The Philips Expanium 201 portable MP3 player does more...”

Written on: 12/02/2002 by ali cahmal. (1 review written)

The Philips Expanium 201 portable MP3 player does more than the previous version. However programming it can be as difficult as bath diarreah. You can rewind and fast forward mp3's.
However i get error messages at times with perfectly good cd's, "er 003" or "er 004" and the cd won't play. Sometimes i get a nf Disc error and it does not play on flat surfaces… Read Full Review

Manohar.'s Response to 12530_ali cahmal.'s Review

Written on: 08/01/2003

I am getting the error 003 and after that it displays nF Disc can you tell me the remedy for this. It's not playing any disc
will be thankful if you can throw some lite on it

Mr. Ken.'s Response to 12530_ali cahmal.'s Review

Written on: 10/01/2003

I'm getting the same problem with my EXP 401. The manual says this is a not finished disk error, but I can't get any information about how to correct this. Not even from Philips customer support (which is labyrintine). Please let me know if you find a workaround. mrken71@yahoo.com

Philips eXpanium

“Being a fan of trance and other long MP3 mixes, I...”

Written on: 29/01/2002 by crossce. (1 review written)

Being a fan of trance and other long MP3 mixes, I really find not being able to fast forward or rewind through songs very annoying with this Philips Expanium MP3 player.
It would be nice if the hold button on the side not only stopped buttons from being pressed, but also the opening of the door for the CD and the volume control.
They should lose the earphones and just provide you with a car kit and remote control instead.
I really like my expanium. I have had it for about a year now and… Read Full Review

Philips eXpanium

“It would be nice to know with the Phillips Expanium...”

Written on: 14/12/2001 by Sneezy. (1 review written)

It would be nice to know with the Phillips Expanium MP3 player if there is a maximum size MP3 file that can't be played, or if some MP3 coding will not play on this player… Read Full Review

Philips eXpanium

“This has been one of the best things I've aquired...”

Written on: 29/08/2001 by Carlos. (1 review written)

This has been one of the best things I've aquired lately, I just leave it playing for the whole day with only one CD, which has all my favorite songs. The sound quality is great, although the volume level is not high enough when there is too much noise around, or when you just want to listen to your favorite song loud. I hate that I can't fast-forward songs in MP3 mode.

It also allows for switching on-the-fly between battery power and A/C power, without interrupting playing time.

I also… Read Full Review

Philips eXpanium

“I paid a lot of money for this MP3 player, (compared...”

Written on: 10/07/2001 by Pyro. (1 review written)

I paid a lot of money for this MP3 player, (compared to buying a portable CD player or a personal stereo) and feel like I should have received more player for my money. Sure, it plays a hell of a lot of MP3 music on one CD, but what else does it do?

If I had bought this 3 years ago, I would have been really impressed, but now my expectations are higher, and this unit didn't quite meet my expectations.

To be impressed, at the money I paid, I would have wanted a metal case, not cheap plastic. a… Read Full Review

Philips eXpanium

“This mp3-cd player is excellent. I expected that I...”

Written on: 13/04/2001 by Broken Equation. (1 review written)

This mp3-cd player is excellent. I expected that I would have to read through the manual to get the player working when I opened it; but the player proved otherwise. I simply put in a cd (with app. 125 songs on it) and pressed play-after the player read the disc, which took about 10-20 seconds, it began playing the first MP3. There was absolutely no hassle with this player-it played anything and everything I popped into it-650 mb discs, 800 mb, re-writables, cd audio, the like.

When a cd… Read Full Review

Philips eXpanium

“This has got to be one of the best players out there....”

Written on: 30/12/2000 by Adam Gower. (1 review written)

This has got to be one of the best players out there. It's an mp3 cd player that plays cd-s with mp3s on them, that's 10 full hours of cd-qulity music on one disc, equal to about 10 full cds, about 650 mb/disc. Only true low point was the no ID3 tag support, but I can live without it… Read Full Review