Vauxhall Astra 2.0 SRi Reviews

Vauxhall Astra 2.0 SRi
Vauxhall Astra 2.0 SRi

“One word "DON'T"”

Written on: 07/03/2012

I've had this car for 9 months now and it's done nothing but give me trouble. Problem 1 Alternator needing replaced after car losing power on Christmas day of all the times to break down. 2 Hard to start in the mornings - glow plugs replaced. 3 Shuddering noise coming from the engine - Flywheel needed replaced (Not cheap, Vauxhall quoted £915.00) 4 Heavy burst of smoke coming from exhaust - Swirl Flaps needed replaced (Vauxhall quoted £530.00) 5 Clutch now kicking towards my foot while… Read Full Review

“Have had my Vauxhall Astra since September 2005 and...”

Written on: 08/02/2006 by mrssimmy (2 reviews written)

Have had my Vauxhall Astra since September 2005 and bought from dealer 9 months old.
I love this car - you can sit in traffic comfortably, cruise nicely or really give it some when the kids aren't in it!! We bought this as a fun car that doubles as a family car when required so we wanted a 5 door - Still looks good though with body kit. If you can, go for the top spec stereo and sat nav system - this is excellent and extremely accurate - you will never get lost again.
I had a Vauxhall Astra… Read Full Review

“This is the second Vauxhall Astra 2.0 SRi Sports Car I...”

Written on: 23/03/2005 by teejayuk1 (1 review written)

This is the second Vauxhall Astra 2.0 SRi Sports Car I have owned, other cars having included 2 Seat's, 3 Volkswagens, and even a Volvo (all in 6 years).
The two Astras stand out above the rest as being far superior in every way.

Understandably I have not had this one long, so reliability has not been an issue, and touch wood, won't be.

In any gear, it pulls hard, but at low revs, it is very docile, and not a problem in heavy traffic.

It looks as good as any hot hatch if not better - and I… Read Full Review

Teejayuk1's Response to teejayuk1's Review

Written on: 01/11/2006

I have now had my Vauxhall Astra 2.0 SRi for 18 months, and I still love it!!
<br/>
<br/>This car is the best I have ever had, and I have had loads of different VW's, a Volvo, a Seat and I have driven a Ferrari and Porsche on regular occasions. The Astra still makes me smile!!!

“In the 15 months of owning this Vauxhall Astra 2.0...”

Written on: 07/12/2002 by clampy. (1 review written)

In the 15 months of owning this Vauxhall Astra 2.0 SRi, the dealership has nearly had the car more than us. Oil needed topping up every 500 miles, this went on for a year before they finally found the valve stem seals had gone. Other faults include manifold head gasket, cylinder head gasket, cam sensor, coolant sensor problems, steering column collapsed, power steering pump, sunroof rails distorted, seat tilt cable, corrosion on both doors, squeaky seats, main beam freezing on, seat tilt and… Read Full Review