Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDi Reviews

Media Gallery for Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDi

Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDi
Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDi

“worse ever purchase”

Written on: 24/03/2013 by missjjohns (1 review written)

brought a 2002 peugeot 307 estate diesel 2.0 hdi 110bhp 2 weeks ago from a private seller well what a waste of money. wanted a diesel for better economy and cheaper road after my zafira. big enough car for my family. well so far engine management light is on with dash message saying un block diesel filter and anti pollution fault so I know thats linked to the dpf filter which I nevet knew had one spent the whole day googling. yest driving on by pass I heard a clunk and beep on dash the esp… Read Full Review

Sparkind's Response to missjjohns's Review

Written on: 14/04/2013

I have had the same car for 2 years now have problem with blocked diesel filter light coming on,if you run the car at 3000 revs for about 5 miles it clears it, no good for continuous short journeys so give it a good blast up the motorway once a month

Photomad1971's Response to missjjohns's Review

Written on: 04/06/2013

hi dont give up!!! my management light and esp and abs etc same as urs for over a year now, car goes into limp mode (68 mph max speed) sumtimes, but car is doing 40mpg tho computer says its doing 32.9 mpg so its actually doing better than it says! though it should be doing 55mpg.
ive owned my car since march 2011 and paid £800 for a new dpf filter to be fitted and still it says dpf probs etc and ive had the car recently re-generated (successfully) by y garage and still dpf probs!!! so im now going to get it sorted via a dpf removal garage and they will re-program the ecu and say its not got the dpf anymore! it cost around £350 but it will sort it.

dont buy a new filter and waste money, just get it removed on the system by a reputable garage.

i have a 2002 110bhp diesel 2.0 peugeot 307sw too.

paid £1799 in march 2011
hope this helps.

Missjjohns's reply to Photomad1971's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2013

ive recently had it removed so no more on that front.
but now esp light keeps coming on saying its not functioning!

hope your cars ok now

Photomad1971's reply to Missjjohns's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2013

HIYA thanks for comment, where did u get ur dpf removed by? and at what costs? as its my next job in line for my car lol also my gearbox has gone as lost 5th gear but car still drives lol let me know... regards x oh my esp and management light still on though ive replaced all the pads and discs yesterday! x

Missjjohns's reply to Photomad1971's Comment

oh no!

my dad knew a mechanic in cornwall so went there he spealises in them cost 250.
hope u get it sorted.
fed up with my car.

Photomad1971's reply to Missjjohns's Comment

Written on: 06/06/2013

HI can you please email me the garage info, could be worth the drive! vitus787@yahoo.co.uk

many thanks

“Peugeot 307 Rapier Turbo Diesel 2002”

Written on: 15/01/2013

I bought this car in June 2007 from Gables Garage, Kirkstall Road, Leeds. It was the first car I'd ever bought. It had 'apparenlty' only done 39000 miles. I thought if I invested a fair bit of money it was last at least 5 years. I will never buy another Peugeot as long as I live. Almost immediately after purchase, the CD player broke, the clutch went, the flywheel, the gear box needed replacing, the exhaust fell off, the brakes went whlist commuting into Leeds on the M621. There has been fault… Read Full Review

“I have a peugeot 307 110bhp 2.0 diesel and the car is...”

Written on: 21/11/2012

I have a peugeot 307 110bhp 2.0 diesel and the car is covered in faults, the turbo has gone the cars in 'limp' mode which means it won't rev above 2800 rpm particulate filter cost over £300 to replace and even after I'd reset the cars computer is still had the same fault! Personally I think it's an appalling car. But on the up side when working 100% it's a fantastic very fast hatchback… Read Full Review

“307 SW HDI, Engine wont run and ECU refuses communication”

Written on: 29/08/2011 by rayofleamington (1 review written)

The car was just what my wife wanted - spacious and 7 seats but no bigger than your average car. Removing two rows of seats turns it into a real load lugger for me so we were still in a honeymoon period. We chased around for weeks to get a low mileage 7 seater SW, as I didn't want the hassles you can get with a high miler. It seemed like we did ok. Then it died. Fortunately it died on my wife when not far from home, rather than half way down the motorway with a ton of kids onboard. I managed… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to rayofleamington's Review

Written on: 08/09/2011

I have a P307 hdi 55 plate It has been a good car but using my laptop and a borrowed cable obd 11 worked fine. Using my own identical cable message car not obd 11 compliant!!

“just bought 307hdi sw . i thought it would be a...”

Written on: 05/01/2011 by mark777bmw (2 reviews written)

just bought 307hdi sw . i thought it would be a practical and reliable estate car . it has done just over 100k miles with full service history.car was great for about 2 weeks . then noticed slight clutch judder.one day . then reversed in car parking space and clutch juddered very badly and had clutch burning smell .now refusing to go into gear .amazing such a rapid failure of clutch . common fault . but expensive too .. i didnt use car enough to find out fuel economy but on board computer… Read Full Review

Dualmasshater's Response to mark777bmw's Review

Written on: 03/09/2011

Yes the \"Dual Mass Fywheel\" is the new profit maker. It is totally unnecessary and probably costs 50 quid to manufacture. We are being shafted again by changes like this. I had my centre plate replaced and the clutch was fine. Garages refuse to do this because of amount of stripdown work involved. Whoever invented the flywheel is a man with a good idea that should have remained an idea. Sod off DMF's

“1.6L, 110hp. Great classic looks (2005 facelift) ,...”

Written on: 06/12/2010

1.6L, 110hp. Great classic looks (2005 facelift) , more of a true estate rather than a bulky MPV with LOTS of backseat space and great visibility due to large windscreen. Kids love the glass sunroof, but it tends to heat up the interior during the summer. Boot size is immense. Individually removable back seats that can also be placed in an optional third row allow loads of any shape to fit. Great on national roads, extremely stable at speeds up to 150 km/hr, but a little too heavy for… Read Full Review

“Well, i love my car with a passion, this car is the...”

Written on: 15/11/2010 by rickardodiaz (1 review written)

Well, i love my car with a passion, this car is the most loved car i have ever had. A 2.0 HDI 90bhp.
Now this car is great for getting the kids and going out, driving to work, etc. BUT!

1 - The A/C blower motor has a a tendency to cut out, and blow up on ya, That cost me £400
2 - The horn is intermittent, it works when it wants to, like through the MOT, lol, But that cost me £46 to fix
3 - The back windscreen washer failed, and for some bazaar reason would not work, that cost £62
4 - The… Read Full Review

Rickardodiaz's Response to rickardodiaz's Review

Written on: 13/11/2013

UPDATE : this car is still going, AND touch wood, no repairs for 2 whole years!!!

“Having owned a 307SW HDI 110 total mileage 67000, I...”

Written on: 26/05/2010

Having owned a 307SW HDI 110 total mileage 67000, I would not recommend this to anyone. So far new turbo, new ECU, new turbo valve, New clutch and flywheel which seems quite popular in most forums. Handling in the wet is appalling boarderline dangerous, Electrics are tempremental ranging from mirrors not extending when ignition on to a failed display and the cd stack is broken. The interior is filmsy and if another car as much as touches it in a car park, it self destructs. Even one of the… Read Full Review

“just recently bought the car,peugeot 307sw se diesel...”

Written on: 17/10/2009 by imtiaz001 (1 review written)

just recently bought the car,peugeot 307sw se diesel 110bhp luckly for me as i got 30 days warranty, on the second week, the flywheel went total cost to garage where i bought the car from nearly 700 quid,boy was i lucky,, but there is one thing bugging if anyone can help me please, the fuel consumption of this car even though its diesel its not that really good, from a full tank of diesel to half a tank i get about 120 miles, so suffice to say on a full tank i might be lucky if i get 250 miles… Read Full Review

“I've had my Peugeot 307 SW 2.0HDi TD 90 S (2002) for...”

Written on: 21/06/2009 by chrissyguit (1 review written)

I've had my Peugeot 307 SW 2.0HDi TD 90 S (2002) for almost a year now, and the only problems I have had are...well, I haven't had any! The car has done almost 80k miles already and because it has been looked after by its only previous owner (and the used car dealer) it is in perfect condition...aside from the odd mark on the paintwork.
I have had 3 cars previously and the only thing they had over the 307 was handling, purely because they were all smaller and lighter, yet despite these points… Read Full Review

“Had my 307 sw xsi for 3 years now love the spec,...”

Written on: 22/03/2009

Had my 307 sw xsi for 3 years now love the spec, practicality,comfort and looks. Had a knocking on back end for two years dealers drew a blank on this, been nursing a slipping clutch for the last 25000 miles, but apart from these and quite a few niggly little electrical problems that start to drive you mad after a while.But having said that the performance is outstanding when it is running properly eats the motorway miles with cruise control. loves those steep hills so its sort of a love hate… Read Full Review

“Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDi is a lovely looking motor, fast...”

Written on: 08/03/2009

Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDi is a lovely looking motor, fast when I got it, stylish and smart. However, lack of power, emission problems, electrical problems, mileage terrible, clutch and flywheel replaced. I would not recommend this car. It looks good but for me that's the only good point. I am very disappointed with all these problems. All these problems are very expensive to fix, average bill was 600 hundred pounds… Read Full Review

“I love my Peugeot 307 to bits, I have owned this for 2...”

Written on: 21/11/2008 by tinkerbell52 (1 review written)

I love my Peugeot 307 to bits, I have owned this for 2 years and done over 50,000 miles, it's performance is excellent, it is economical at all times, easy to drive, very comfortable and refined. I feel very well protected in this car especially as we were rear ended by an Ambulance that had failed to even attempt to slow down - the car did us very very proud at keeping us all as uninjured as possible.
However, the clutch and flywheel has been replaced 3 times since I have owned it, the rear… Read Full Review

“Got the 307 sw 2.0 hdi 110bhp and it is a good size...”

Written on: 29/12/2007

Got the 307 sw 2.0 hdi 110bhp and it is a good size and looks great. The tracking always goes, spent about £500 on tyres since January and recently the engine coolant temp gague goes right up to boiling then after 2 secs or so goes back to normal… Read Full Review

“I a 2.0 litre HDi Peugeot 307 SW as a cheap but...”

Written on: 16/10/2007 by Dogmad (31 reviews written)

I a 2.0 litre HDi Peugeot 307 SW as a cheap but comfortable dog carrier for my own three working springers and various springers that come in to the rescue I work for.

It's well up to the job in terms of space and comfort.

A bonus transporting dogs is the climate control, an absolute must in the summer, the climate control gets it to the temperature you want quickly and holds it there, keeping passengers and dogs cool what ever the outside temperature.

Economy is excellent for a car this… Read Full Review

Dogmad Dee's Response to Dogmad's Review

Written on: 26/09/2010

I found this review very helpful because...I am considering buying the same model car (secondhand) because I have two dogs and my 206 is just not big enough to hold us all in comfort. So I think this was a very fair and useful review.

“My Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDi is a bit of an enigma; I love...”

Written on: 13/09/2006 by NOEL STIMSON (1 review written)

My Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDi is a bit of an enigma; I love the way it drives, especially since re-mapping the unenthusiastic 90 bhp engine, and corners. It is very comfortable indeed and a great load carrier. However, over four months it failed to start on four occasions. Electric feed to the LP fuel pump suspected but actual fault was never traced. I have just been unlucky, as Peugeot had never heard of this fault before. I am now waiting for a replacement car sourced by my excellent and helpful… Read Full Review

“Im on my second clutch, first one went at 30000 odd...”

Written on: 02/08/2006 by runner30 (1 review written)

Im on my second clutch, first one went at 30000 odd miles, replaced on warranty, new clutch is now giving me probs at 38000 miles, anyone else had any similar probs?… Read Full Review

“The Peugeot 307 SW XSi HDi 136 is the model reviewed...”

Written on: 02/04/2006 by nikki joines (2 reviews written)

The Peugeot 307 SW XSi HDi 136 is the model reviewed here (2005). Performance is outstanding! with a 136BHP diesel turbo engine you expect to get thrown back in your seat, and boy you do. With half leather trim and rear tinted windows on 2nd and 3rd row the car looks outstanding. So you have it all a great looking car that beats most petrol 2.0 petrol engines, without eating the fuel!!!. Out of 6000 miles (motorway and town driving) the average was 41mpg.

The 307 SW in general had so much… Read Full Review

“I have the Peugeot 307 2,0ltr SE 110bhp version, I've...”

Written on: 31/03/2005 by Road Hogg (1 review written)

I have the Peugeot 307 2,0ltr SE 110bhp version, I've done 70,000 miles in 2.5 years and love the general 'feel' of the car. It drives well,but is let down very badly by small but important points.
It has sheared the bolts holding the alternater belt idling sprocket 3 times in first 6 months before replacing all components, no problems with this since
New wheel bearing after 17,000 miles
Like many the CD multichanger stopped working with my cds stuck inside
ESP / ABS warning lights activated -… Read Full Review

277206_Colynsam's Response to Road Hogg's Review

Written on: 05/02/2007

At 22,000 miles a new ball joint was fitted, no curbs or abuse, normally motorway driving.
<br/>Glove box handle cracks and breaks eventually. The boot micro switch became intermittent in working. Dog could not get out!
<br/>The anti pollution light has come on 3 times, dealer told me to let it tick over for a while and it will go out.
<br/>The under seat drivers compartment refused to slide after 2 months use.
<br/>To get over the climate control issue being sporadic, so that you are not blowing cold air in the winter, switch it up to 28 deg and hear the mechanism work then down to your normal 21 22 deg, it works again fine.
<br/>Very hard ride, but has to be I suppose to take the 7 people intended. Could benefit from adjustable suspension!
<br/>Nice car with lots of features, but lots of niggles.

“I used an internet broker (ukcarbroker.co.uk) and...”

Written on: 11/09/2004 by 310396 (2 reviews written)

I used an internet broker (ukcarbroker.co.uk) and saved a total of over £5000 compared to the almost contemptuous deals being offered by several main dealers.

I purchased the new Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDi XSi trim which is magnificent and for £14.5k is ridiculously good value. The car is brilliant, the broker fantastic. It is just a pity that for servicing I will be forced into the hands of the dinosaurs that are the main dealers… Read Full Review