Bose Accoustimass Reviews

Specification for Bose Accoustimass

Manufacturer: Bose
Features:
  • Includes 4 surround-sound cube speakers and matching Acoustimass bass module
  • Next-generation direct/reflecting cube speaker arrays offer smaller size and better sound
  • Improved Acoustimass module generates deep, powerful bass
  • 40 percent smaller cube arrays blend into decor
  • Acoustimass module measures 19 x 14 x 7.5 inches (W x H x D) and cube arrays measure 3.1 x 6.2 x 4 inches (W x H x D)
  • Refine your search

“Do More”

Written on: 11/09/2014 by C-Arly33 (4 reviews written)

I think that for the price consumers pay for Bose products, they can afford to give us better quality product and sound. I would recommand it but not for the price I paid for it… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“What in the %#$@! are all these bad Bose reviews all...”

Written on: 21/04/2014 by 495Nunez (1 review written)

I bought my Bose Acoustimass speakers at Circuit City 20 years ago. My speaker bias is towards clean, clear sound, not a lot of mid-range and no overbearing bass. Bose speakers are super clear and sharp sounding. If you don't like that and prefer a 'Hi-Fi' sound, don't buy Bose. Pricey? Yes...but I don't regret the purchase. I also currently have a 7.1 JBL system in my media room and the Bose upstairs in the living room. If you want a Movie-Surround experience, the JBLs and large… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“bookshelf speakers over bose am5”

Written on: 28/10/2012

i had my bose am5 for about 7 years in a small room. had a few issues with right channel so looked into bookshelf alternatives. bought a pair of wharfedale diamond 9.1 and sound is far superior to bose and at quarter of the price. bose bass is strong but not a good enough frequency range and mid range and vocals can be weak. great levels of volume though… Read Full Review

“sound quality excellent”

Written on: 24/04/2012

even though its expensive,but for me,it is worth,you can hear watch the recording company had recorded,soft to ear, not like other speaker loud but its irritating… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“i will never recommend anyone to own any of the bose...”

Written on: 10/04/2011

i will never recommend anyone to own any of the bose products. they are just waste of your money. may be it will sound amazing to some people who never heard any other quality systems. take an example of their wave radio. i can challenge that i have made a radio with philips speaker and pioneer electronics which sounds 200% better than their wave radio. and most of their home theater has minimum options for extra connections or something like that. i don understand why people are running after… Read Full Review

Johnmd52's Comment

Written on: 30/09/2012

The best thing about Bose are their advertising.

Robryan's Comment

Written on: 12/09/2013

You can probably tell from my blog posts, I prefer the Sonos.

I can get you a coupon code for a totally free Sonos Bridge (which is $49 retail). That's the Soundlink equivalent in Sonos brand. Saves a few bucks. If you're interested, I can email it from the Sonos site. Just let me know first name, last name and email so I can add you in the system to send coupon. I will promise to get to it within 1-2 days of hearing back. Enjoy whatever sound system you end up choosing!

Bose Accoustimass

“I own the life style 48. I have had high end audio...”

Written on: 08/10/2010

I own the life style 48. I have had high end audio system in the past and was curious to find out if its a myth or truth about Bose. I have had it for about 6 months now. It stopped working due to hard drive problem. Upon talking to their tech i was asked to send it for repair. These guys are cheap even though they charge a abnormal amount for their system, they use standard surface UPS shipping. It took me 20 days to get it back. Excited as I was, hooked up the system to test it, with in half… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“poor sound, and the bass quality very dissapointing”

Written on: 12/09/2010

poor sound, and the bass quality very dissapointing… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“Owned the the Bose Acoustimass system for more than 3...”

Written on: 07/07/2010

Owned the the Bose Acoustimass system for more than 3 years. I'm not and wasn't an Anti-Bose advocate but I don't recommend Bose although everybody has different taste and reference. I have owned high end systems prior, but was persuaded by the sound at the shop, the small size and the unheard of price I got them for when in the Military Overseas. When I installed them in my apartment, it was a different story and sound. I had a great A/V receiver BTW. I was always moving furniture and… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“although these speakers are attractive looking and...”

Written on: 15/11/2009

although these speakers are attractive looking and simple to use, the sound quality is shocking! There is no mid range and the bass is muddy with no definition. for the money you can get a basic hifi such as cambridge audio and i promise you will be much happier!… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“These Bose Accoustimass sound really weird as though...”

Written on: 02/03/2009 by BPMT (1 review written)

These Bose Accoustimass sound really weird as though the music is stuck inside and then spread out all over the wall. Also there's like a low frequency undertone being added to the music. I guess it's great for background elevator music but for not much else. Definitely a no-no… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“My friend has these Bose Accoustimass and I'm fairly...”

Written on: 01/03/2009 by BPMT (1 review written)

My friend has these Bose Accoustimass and I'm fairly familiar with how they sound.

I listen to a lot of jazz and I know my music very well, I also attend a lot of live concerts and I'm a frequent opera visitor (my wife's cup of tea) so I know what real music sounds like, both amplified and acoustic. The Bose simply doesn't deliver it. I don't know how, but there seems to be something sucked out that makes the instruments and voices sound unnatural. Really weird.
    But what really makes me wonder is… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“the best part of Bose AM 5 is that you get to hear...”

Written on: 01/02/2009

the best part of Bose AM 5 is that you get to hear both the speakers equally no matter where I sit in my living room.. Its just mind blowing any song you play is just awesome
    I think People who value good quality music and unerstand quality should only buy Bose coz they understand the is Bose… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“1. I was a professional sound engineer (studio & live)...”

Written on: 19/09/2008 by mohawkmusic (1 review written)

1. I was a professional sound engineer (studio & live) for 17 years and also played keyboards professionally for many years. 2. I now own a music company providing CD and Digital jukeboxes and sound systems to bars and taverns throughout the Northeast. 3. I was anti Bose (price vs sound) for better than 2 decades! I've used numerous professional and extreme high end products in my work including studio monitors and live sound speaker arrays. Stereo imaging and clear, "pleasing to the ear"… Read Full Review

Bozybozeboy's Response to mohawkmusic's Review

Written on: 02/12/2009

ANY CHANC YOU COULD SORT OUT MY HOUSE SOUND SYSTEM FOR ME , YOU CERTAINLY CAN TALK THE TALK.

Radnessss's Response to mohawkmusic's Review

Written on: 07/07/2010

It's fantastic that you received all that help but not everybody is so lucky. From your review it seems that Bose AM5 system works better with low end receivers and brings out the most in low end equipment however the pricetag isn't quite low end. I think most people will agree that one shouldn't have to put so much effort into their system to get the very basics/expected out. Perhaps Bose can have a service team to go around the country and help people tune their systems in as part of their purchase price. The more I read the more I get the feeling that the Bose AM5 is more suited to low level, background music rather than having it pumped up at medium to loud levels.

Bose Accoustimass

“The Bose Accoustimass is a great Buy for sure, Just...”

Written on: 22/06/2008

The Bose Accoustimass is a great Buy for sure, Just hear them for 30 mins before you buy them and you will simply fall in love with them… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“Bose Accoustimass has brilliant sound quality,...”

Written on: 20/06/2008

Bose Accoustimass has brilliant sound quality, brilliant sound staging...ive never heard anything so surreal...obviously the yamaha a/v amp ive got contributes but honestly the sound system is beyond belief. yamaha and bose make a true to lofe combination. I would recommend them over anything in its class… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“Bose's research on audio, and open real explanation of...”

Written on: 02/04/2008

Bose's research on audio, and open real explanation of the hidden reality of nature, and how scientific audio reproduction has been achieved through painstaking research is a commendable practical feat to experience for mankind in the privacy of their homes through bose audio systems. Produces deep bass without distortion and booming. Gives the listener real stereo effects. Sound seems to come from small speakers. Speakers are lasting. Fit and forget, cleaning is the only maintainence. Suits… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“I have owned a set of AC5's for a few years now and...”

Written on: 27/01/2008

I have owned a set of AC5's for a few years now and reading through some of the earlier comments on here just makes me laugh.

If you read back some of the criticism's you will find that they tend to contradict one another. For example, how many negative reviews have said that there is no bass yet there are plenty of negative reviews also saying the bass is boomy or uncontrolled? See what I mean, they both can't be right, is there bass or isn't there? One of them must be wrong. Do the… Read Full Review

Kfilly's Comment

Written on: 16/05/2008

I read your review and I disagree with it entirely. As you can probably already tell, I am not a fan of Bose products. They are the most advertised, over priced, and over hyped speakers. Try this little experiment for yourself. Simply go and ask a person to name any speaker brand, and I bet the answer you hear is Bose. Excessive advertising or high prices do not always equate to higher quality. I feel that a true audio consumer will audtion several brands (at least in store) before selecting one. Did you do this? Have you ever heard other speaker systems? The funny thing is that most people can pay a whole lot less, and get a lot better quality than anything Bose has to offer.
    <br/>
    <br/>I now want to address some of your comments and explain why Bose systems more or less stink. First, it is possible to have no bass and boomy bass at the same time. You are probably scratching your head saying, huh, but I will explain. Bose speakers cannot produce true base. Most Bose bass units only play down to about 45 Hz of frequency (I am even being generous here), and the problem with that is the average person can hear frequencies down to 20 Hz. Oops, Bose does not think the last few octaves of movies or music are important enough for people to need to hear. Those missing frequencies are what as referred to as true bass or lower end bass. At the same time, Bose speakers can be boomy within the mid-bass they produce. This probably explains the differences in the reviews you read as a lot of people who buy Bose products do not know a lot about home theater. Second, there is a fundamental flaw with the tiny cube speakers. Apparently, Bose is the only company that figured out how to break the laws of physics. The size of a speaker helps to determine what frequencies it is able to reproduce. Bose cube speakers use 2-1/2" paper speaker cones (plain paper cones are junk) cannot play the entire upper range of human hearing (20kHz) all the way down to male vocals which are down to about 80Hz. The subwoofer has to make up for the difference and play the mid range sound that even a cheap pair of bookshelf speakers should be able to handle. This extends the range the subwoofer has to reproduce thus making it an over achiever. The subwoofer on a good system will only play low frequency sound. A bose system has it playing everything the dimmunitive cubes cannot handle. Here is a simple test for all Bose owners. Unhook the cube speakers and see if you can follow the dialogue from the subwoofer alone. If you can, it is not a good system.
    <br/>
    <br/>I am not going to destroy your decision to buy a specific product. If it sounds great to you and others who happen to listen to it, that is great. My problem is that so many people mindlessly walk into an audio store and say I want a Bose ... whatever. Your review also promotes their, in my opinion, inferior product. Next time do some research as their are other options out there. I also understand that music listening is purely subjective. Maybe you actually like those speakers, but; if you never made an apples to apples comparasion you do not know what you missed.

444674_Bpmt's Comment

Written on: 01/03/2009

Unfortunately, your statements are wrong. It would be so nice if you were right, but you're not. Who wouldn't want those tiny speakers to perform just as well as those behemoths? Well, anyway, here's some substantiation about all that's wrong with Bose speakers: http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html Really, sound reproduction is all about physics and technique and Bose simply doesn't deliver. Notice especially the frequency curve: there's no real bass (see that steep fall off?) , there's a complete gap in the midrange around 200 - 280 Hz and then the highs are curtailed at around 13 kHz... This is exceptionally poor behaviour. Sad but true.<br/>I'm sure there are a lot of people happy with Bose, but the performance can't possibly be a reason for that.

Dan Hall's Comment

Written on: 31/05/2008

I think kfilly wrote an excellent comment- it very well reasoned and certainly rings true in my experience also.
    <br/>
    <br/>I am currently looking for some new speakers for precisely the reasons mentioned in that response: my current speaker system (some relatively cheap Z-10s by Logitech, not audiophile fare by any measure) have a "muddy" midrange and poor separation because the larger speaker cone is having to cope with bass frequencies as well as midrange. I guess a 2.0 system will always suffer from having smaller drivers having to compensate for the loss of the sub woofer.
    <br/>
    <br/>Just seeing the size of the little tweeter units on this Bose setup is enough to put me off- it certainly looks like a great deal of attention is being paid to the visual asthetics here with a potential compromise made at the midrange of the sound spectrum.
    <br/>
    <br/>I could be wrong, but I'm not risking it!

Bose Accoustimass

“Go listen to a live concert and then come back to...”

Written on: 09/01/2008

Go listen to a live concert and then come back to compare speakers while your ears can still remember what live music sounds like...Even better,listen to live piano and then compare...Not too many speakers on the market can recreate similar sound and none under 3000.00$. Stop comparing speakers like pioneer,Sony,Panasonic and all the like...they all sound the same and they sound crappy. First,you need an excellent source and everything else after that,all the way to the speakers. Good luck… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“It stands above the rest, for music and movies alike....”

Written on: 01/11/2007 by lasag (1 review written)

It stands above the rest, for music and movies alike. Great sound fills up the space around you and you can feel it as much as hear it. This was on a Sony Amp and I was told the Yamaha amps are better. May be this christmas I will know?… Read Full Review

Bose Accoustimass

“Spend your money on power amps and good speakers. If...”

Written on: 10/04/2007 by notbose (1 review written)

Spend your money on power amps and good speakers. If you are so worried about cables on the ground then research wireless technology for your quality speakers… Read Full Review