Splash DVD Reviews - www.splashdvd.com

Splash DVD www.splashdvd.com - Ask a question now

☆☆☆☆☆

“Where do I start. I ordered loads of products from...”

Written on: 03/02/2005 by felineee (2 reviews written)

Where do I start. I ordered loads of products from this site and I have always got my items. I've spent hundreds and have recommended it to my 7 year old daughter who was looking to spend £50 birthday money. She placed her order only to be told the comapany went into liquidation… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I am also wondering whether Blah is just Splash...”

Written on: 03/10/2004 by hankan (1 review written)

I am also wondering whether Blah is just Splash trading under a different name. It seems funny that they are in Jersey and the contact details are a PO Box address. Also the fact that I haven't logged my details with any other company on the Internet but get an email from Blah. Where did they get my details from? Very suspect!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Splash DVD - I was wondering if anyone else has...”

Written on: 31/05/2004 by GRAHAM2109 (4 reviews written)

Splash DVD - I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a new online shop called 'Blah'. They are situated in Jersey. I can't help thinking that this company is Splash DVD under a different name. Does anyone know anything about this company. It would be interesting to find out if it is connected in some way to Splash… Read Full Review

Peejaybee's Response to GRAHAM2109's Review

Written on: 04/10/2004

I just got a spam from Blah having previously been burned by Splash, and yes, I waited for an hour to get through on an 0870 number to vent my spleen at a customer service person at their service. Free postage? Cheapest prices? Online vouchers? Yeah right!!!!
<br>
<br>The liquidator solicitors should have the answers, especially as they advertised the customer base for sale.
<br>http://www.splashdvd.com/splash/SplashDVD.com%20-%20tender.pdf

☆☆☆☆☆

“Its companies like Splash that shake your faith in...”

Written on: 13/04/2004 by tienna (2 reviews written)

Its companies like Splash that shake your faith in internet shopping. I ordered 3 CDs and waited 7 weeks for delivery, only to find they'd gone into liquidation and I wouldn't get a refund.
What a con! They must be laughing all the way to the bank. What goes round, comes round though!!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“What a bad company to do business with Splash DVD are. ”

Written on: 07/04/2004 by alanrush (1 review written)

What a bad company to do business with Splash DVD are.
Ordered two items, said they where in stock.
Rang back a week later only to be told they're now out of stock.
No refund, now gone bust.
Where's watchdog's number?… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Splash DVD has been LIQUIDATED - this company ceases...”

Written on: 27/03/2004 by sintax (2 reviews written)

Splash DVD has been LIQUIDATED - this company ceases to exist as of 9th March - whilst that's good news for all internet customers - it's unlikely that people waiting for a refund or goods will ever get a penny back. Most money in these cases goes straight to the banks and debt recovery offices.

Just for your interest, 22,000 customers are still waiting a refund or product !!!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I ordered an item from Splash DVD that turned out to...”

Written on: 17/03/2004 by djatkinson (1 review written)

I ordered an item from Splash DVD that turned out to be faulty. Returned it by recorded delivery on 31/01/2003. They signed for it on 05/02/2004. Took me until end of February to get my refund. However, they didn't pay the postage back to them as they denied having received the item back. Recorded delivery apparently meant something different to them. It would have cost me £2 to get a copy of the signature, which I almost did on principle. Luckily, Jersey Trading Standards took the matter up on… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I ordered 6 DVD's from Splash back in January. I only...”

Written on: 17/03/2004 by GRAHAM2109 (4 reviews written)

I ordered 6 DVD's from Splash back in January. I only recieved one. I spent £46 with them and now it looks as though I wont get the money back as I used a debit card.
I ordered some DVD's off MVC a while back. One of the DVD's was not available at the time but they sent the others very quickly and only charged me for the ones they despatched. They only charged me for the remaining DVD when it was ready to despatch. Why couldn't SPLASH do that?
Could someone please forward me the address for… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Splash DVD - Whilst I was bored at uni one day I...”

Written on: 11/03/2004 by tramp tart (1 review written)

Splash DVD - Whilst I was bored at uni one day I thought it would be a good idea to compare prices for a rare dvd that I wanted and a cd as a gift for somebody. I normally use Play or Amazon but after a lot of searching I came across the marvellous Spash DVD who enticed me with thier cheaper than cheap prices. I placed the order, and, like the rest of you have said, the money was debited almost straight away from my account yet no word from the company arrived until the fateful email from the… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have been notified by Splash DVD\'s holding company,...”

Written on: 10/03/2004 by Ian MacPherson (1 review written)

I have been notified by Splash DVD\'s holding company, Toppers (C.I.) Ltd, that they ceased trading with effect from noon on 9 March… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I ordered a CD on 02/02/04 and Splash took my money...”

Written on: 10/03/2004 by Hothousepink (1 review written)

I ordered a CD on 02/02/04 and Splash took my money straight away. After 3 weeks I had still not received my CD so I emailed customer services. They told me my CD was out of stock but would be sent soon. I went onto the site today to try and cancel my order and there was a message saying that due to financial difficulty they had ceased trading. Will I ever get my money back? It wouldn't appear so… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Ordered 2 dvd's in January from Splash DVD, sent...”

Written on: 10/03/2004 by sarahannew (2 reviews written)

Ordered 2 dvd's in January from Splash DVD, sent various emails, got no response so called in february to say that i hadn't recieved the items. They assured me that i would get them the following week. Still hadn't recieved them so got on the phone once again to cancel the items on March 8th, was waiting in a queue for over an hour. someone finally answered, they did not apologise for the long wait, the gentleman i spoke to was really rude, didn't have the time of day to talk to me, said that i… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Splash dvd are the worst company I've ever come...”

Written on: 09/03/2004 by Klayr (1 review written)

Splash dvd are the worst company I've ever come across, would tell you not to shop with them, but they CLAIM they're having financial difficulties, so have closed down, but they must have made SO much money since they haven't sent anyone their orders, but still charged them. Hence my value of money rating is 0 because I've paid but got nothing.

I've found there's no way to get into contact with them, so I am now on the http://www.consumercomplaints.org.uk/ website filling in a form of… Read Full Review

Hothousepink's Response to Klayr's Review

Written on: 10/03/2004

I too have had the same problem. I ordered my CD on 02/02/04 and received no CD. I went on the website today to be informed that they no longer exist. They took my money and did not post my CD. I have already contacted Watchdog, Trading Standards Jersy and my Local Trading standards Office. Thank you for you link I will complain on here too.

“Has any one stopped to think about the staff who were...”

Written on: 09/03/2004 by deeann (1 review written)

Has any one stopped to think about the staff who were working for splash? We have been the ones - especially like myself in the call centre - who have had to put up with all the shouting and swearing from the angry customers through no fault of our own. Now before every one thinks it's funny or great what has happened just think for a moment about the amount of people who have been left jobless. I come on these kind of sites often although this is the first time I have been on this one and I… Read Full Review

Stork2000's Response to deeann's Review

Written on: 13/03/2004

Yes, of course it\'s bad news for the company\'s employees. But you are deluding yourself if you think that the company provided great service to its customers. In my case (and, it would appear, in plenty of others), the company always took money at the point of ordering, and only ever filled about 50% of orders. Thankfully, I obtained full refunds on all my undelivered purchases, and I\'ve not lost out, but I expect plenty of customers have lost money. And what\'s the thing about terms and conditions? Totally irrelevant. I for one won\'t mourn the passing of Splash, there are plenty of other, better suppliers out there; even if they cost a little more, they do at least keep their side of the bargain.

Catsmand's Response to deeann's Review

Written on: 23/05/2004

I read their terms and conditions several times before making my order, and nowhere did it say that Splash would take payment and then never send customers the goods ordered. Those of us who were fleeced by this company find your attitude to what feels like little better than theft disturbing.

Written on: 19/04/2004

Yes I am back.
<br>I have been ordering DVD's and CD's from various other companies all of which did not withdraw the cash out of my account until the order was ready to dispatch. That's what decent companies do.

Saablover's Response to deeann's Review

Written on: 10/04/2004

To the person who worked for Splash: how could you not know what they were like, that they took people's money upon receipt of their orders but then took ages to send out the goods, if they sent them at all? Good riddance to Splash DVD and everyone associated with them.

Sintax's Response to deeann's Review

Written on: 29/03/2004

As far as im concerned, it's companies like Splash who hold back this economy and other companies who are practicing good business - good riddance.

Written on: 18/03/2004

My order came to £46. That is more than a couple of pounds.

Deeann's Response to deeann's Review

Written on: 17/03/2004

For starters I will confirm that I was and still am pleased to have worked for the company and may I remind you all that whilst you all haven't had your refunds we haven't had our well-earned wages yet. Also as I commented before if you would have all took the time to read the terms and conditions before placing your order then you would all understand more. After all you wouldn't sign any contracts without reading the terms first now would you. For the person who commmented that I must be as bad as the others well if we were that bad why order from us and as I stressed before we worked very hard in there dealing with all the petty complaints from people who have nothing better to do than complain about goods worth a couple of pound.

Written on: 17/03/2004

I order 6 DVD's back in January. One month later I actually recieved one of them. The others never arrived and now it looks as though I will never get back my money.
<br>Any decent person will feel embarrassed for working for such a disgraceful company, but you seem proud. I think that makes you just as bad as them.
<br>I wouldn't be at all surprised if SPLASH set up again under a different name conning the public once more.

Leroyisourking's Response to deeann's Review

Written on: 15/03/2004

deann - I cannot believe you can come on here defending your employers - after numerous phonecalls and emails and letters I actually got my money back and in fact seem to remember dealing with you along the way. The fact is ok you have lost your jobs but thousands of innocent consumers have been duped by the disgraceful working practices of your company and to suggest that it is the consumers who are to blame is frankly insulting.
<br>
<br>Did you never stop to think quite why you were getting these irate phone calls?

☆☆☆☆☆

“Having encountered my own problems with Splash I...”

Written on: 06/03/2004 by andrewpdx (1 review written)

Having encountered my own problems with Splash I wondered if it was just me, clearly not so!

I ordered a DVD back in December 2003, they debited my credit card straightaway. The item which was intended to be an xmas present never appeared. They finally responded to one of my emails in February 2004 to say the item had been cancelled and they would refund my card, here on 6/3/04 I'm still waiting!
Having a free saturday morning I decided to perservere on their telephone line, I spent 3 hours… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“One order early January 2004, another early February...”

Written on: 05/03/2004 by trh1803 (1 review written)

One order early January 2004, another early February 2004. They took my money immediately, but it is now March but I still have no goods and no information. Sent 7 emails so far - all ignored.
Somebody should shut this company down. It is starting to look fraudulent… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have been waiting over a month for two DVDs from...”

Written on: 04/03/2004 by joeblackie (2 reviews written)

I have been waiting over a month for two DVDs from Splash DVD which have not yet arrived. I ordered on February 2nd 2004 and it's now March 3rd 2004.

I spent nearly 40 minutes in the telephone queue before speaking to an ignorant operator. I also sent a query by e-mail which has not yet been responded to. I sent that 8 days ago.

Avoid Splash DVD - that's my advice… Read Full Review

Sayhellototheangels's Response to joeblackie's Review

Written on: 17/03/2004

Just so you know, Splash have gone bust as of last week....

☆☆☆☆☆

“Don't fall into the lure of cheap prices at Splash...”

Written on: 01/03/2004 by abs (1 review written)

Don't fall into the lure of cheap prices at Splash DVD. My brother-in-law was debited four times for 1 DVD, never received a refund, no replies to his emails, their phones were never answered. I made the mistake of ordering a DVD in Jan. '04, sent several emails after DVD never received, then informed in Feb. that it was out of stock and they then offered a refund. I asked for a refund and we are now in March and still waiting. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with, very poor… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Hi, After a very annoying few weeks of no answears...”

Written on: 24/02/2004 by zebrabanana (1 review written)

Hi, After a very annoying few weeks of no answears from e-mail and calls I called up barclaycard and they gave me a number for them which is a direct line to the *manager* tell them you are going to inform BBC watchdog.. everyone tell BBC watchdog and the Office of Trading Standards.

This company is doing something dodgey what ever it is..
anway I asked for a refund lets see what happens
Don't bother with their 0870 number they won't answer, it counts down until 1 then you get a message… Read Full Review

Sixxxxcat's Response to zebrabanana's Review

Written on: 29/02/2004

i have also placed a review on here. I have written an e-mail to watchdog but as yet have not heard anything. i am now going to attempt to get my money back, unfortunatly i payed with my Debit Card?!!??! thanks for your advice!

Zebrabanana's Response to zebrabanana's Review

Written on: 08/03/2004

Hi!
<br>
<br>It has been moderated out of this message board but, I phones up barcvlay card and they gave it to me straight up.
<br>also you will find it on the net in another message board if you serach in google for it. I use the same name everywhere.
<br>
<br>Oh and still no money and I phones up again and asked for a refund again . They told me they had the wrong CVS number so how did they take the money in the first place.
<br>Never belive anything they say.
<br>Good luck
<br>Zeb

Andrewpdx's Response to zebrabanana's Review

Written on: 06/03/2004

Zeb,
<br>
<br>How did you get the phone number for their \'manager\'? Please post it so we can call and get our problems sorted as the 0870 number is useless.
<br>thanks
<br>andrew

“on the whole splash dvd are a very good company and...”

Written on: 24/02/2004 by julie1964 (1 review written)

on the whole splash dvd are a very good company and their prices are the cheapest on the net especially if you use the discount code POPSPLASH on orders of £40 or more to get £10 off, but sometimes they are busy and do not reply to emails… Read Full Review