HMV Reviews - www.hmv.co.uk

Summary

HMV offers you the opportunity to legally use HMV Downloads music on www.hmv.co.uk Do you use HMV online to buy music, then tell us about your experience by writing a review. This way you help other music fans to make an informed decision on HMV!
HMV - www.hmv.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for HMV - www.hmv.co.uk

“Improve website”

Written on: 09/09/2014 by ErnestMcCall (1 review written)

The website is terrible. You can't find anything you are looking for which leads to shopping elsewhere online… Read Full Review

“APPAULING DVD quality”

Written on: 16/04/2013

Today, I bought a copy of 'the Hunger Games' DVD. After 15 minutes of watching it, the rest of the film was joulty and could not watch the rest of the film. I want an entire refund of my £8 DVD, outrageous and APPAULING. Why sell a brand new copy of a DVD for it to be crappy quality… Read Full Review

“i have been customer of hmv for many years and i got...”

Written on: 23/03/2013

i have been customer of hmv for many years and i got to know the staff .they were so knowledgable i do hope that they find employment very soon because the are worth thier weight in gold i wish them the best of luck from mitzi owens… Read Full Review

“Gift card wrongly sold ”

Written on: 12/03/2013

I brought a wire to connect my iPad to my TV from Trafford store the employee told me that a certain wire Would work better however when I got home the wire didn't work and was wrong I then brought the wire I needed. I took the first wire back of which I got told I could only have a gift card and would have x amount of time to spend it The day after I wake up to hear news that I can no longer use my gift card were do I stand surely I was wrongly sold This card… Read Full Review

“general shopping instore”

Written on: 17/02/2013

i have found out today that hmv have stopped the points scheme (which was only good at the beginning) which makes me laugh cause they will be one of the stores that lose alot of money over christmas. i have to buy an Ipad 4 for my wife and i was going to get it from hmv for the points but because they are so rubbish thay have ended up losing about 1000 pounds just from me alone and if other people are thinking this way then hmv are on the verge of going out of busness. what a stupid company it… Read Full Review

“ipod 5th generation ”

Written on: 16/02/2013

Hmv had a deal on trade your ipod and get the new ipod 5th generation for £99 , i did that and they gave me ipod 4th generation the one that i traded in so i went back and they said oh sorry we dont have the 5th generation in stock they put my money on a gift card without giving me back my old ipod , ive been waiting for months and they still dont have the 5th generation in stock… Read Full Review

“what to do if you dont get your item or cant spend voucher”

Written on: 04/02/2013 by thedarkness (2 reviews written)

Here we answer the most common questions asked when a shop goes bust. Can I use HMV and Blockbuster vouchers? A number of high street stores have refused to allow customers to use vouchers once they had gone into administration - even though they had already accepted money for them. Unfortunately this is within the law. However it is worth waiting a few days to see if administrators will change their mind. HMV administrators have now decided to honour gift vouchers as of Tuesday 22 January. If… Read Full Review

“Let don't by hmv and the administrators Deloitte ”

Written on: 02/02/2013 by buddha70 (1 review written)

I waa unlucky to begiven a yarvik luna tablet for xmas it stop working two week ago and cannot get it fixed as you will find out for yourselt nobody from hmv and the administrators Deloitte will help you as long as they get there money us the public will get no help so you at hmv you the administrators Deloitte remember this us the public will never forget how we got treated by you hmv and you the administrators Deloitte like meany people we cannot aford to be rept off like this £130 pound is… Read Full Review

Ellen_Tout's Response to buddha70's Review

Written on: 04/03/2013

Hi, I'm a journalist working on a story about consumers problems with HMV. I would really like to hear more about your experience.
-Did Deloitte or HMV ever get back to you?
-What was the problem with the tablet? Should it be covered on warranty?
-How has this impacted on your view of the company?
-Your full name and where are you from?
Thanks for your help, I hope to hear back.
Ellen.

“Crooks”

Written on: 01/02/2013 by Chasblues (1 review written)

To say im unhappy with HMV is an understatement, not only have they failed to deliver my Cd and Dvd Boxset, but they also took the money out of my account this was on the 14.1.2013. Trying to get in contact with anyone to do with HMV mainly their administrator Deloitte is like trying to get in touch with the queen, the difference being a member of her staff would contact you. Deloitte or whatever your company name is and the people who work for it, couldnt organise a drink up in a brewery. Im… Read Full Review

Ellen_Tout's Response to Chasblues's Review

Written on: 04/03/2013

Hi, I'm a journalist and working on a piece about the problems people have faced since HMV has gone into administration. I would really appreciate it if you could tell me a bit more about what happened:
-What had you purchased, how much did it cost, was it an online sale?
-Did you ever receive the item?
-Did HMV reply to you or apologise?
-How do you feel about this as a consumer?
-Your full name and where in the country are you from?
Thanks very much for your time, I hope to hear back.

“Can't chase my order!”

Written on: 16/01/2013 by anuska (1 review written)

HMV website is down and besides calling, there isn't a way to chase an order due to received in 24h. I think is a waste of money calling though to customer services. The reason why I done it online is because the store has sold out and told me to order online that was quick. The birthday girl is waiting for her present still. I have a order number but I did not received an email about my order. What kink of service this is?!… Read Full Review

Gfletcher95's Response to anuska's Review

Written on: 24/01/2013

The same has happened to me, what has happened with your order? Have you recieved it yet? And what have you had to go through to get any answers? I dont know what I can do at the moment, can you get money back from the bank if you have proof of purchase and no order/response from HMV themselves?

Anuska's reply to Gfletcher95's Comment

Written on: 27/01/2013

I contacted them by email given instore: HMV@deloitte.co.uk and called 0207 303 0700, given by the store and on their website.

No reply from the email but on the phone they confirmed that if I paid already is because a dispatched was ordered.

Still waiting for developments...

Anuska's Response to anuska's Review

Written on: 30/01/2013

I received an email from deloitte confirming that all orders paid for will be delivered within 5 working days.

Wilburfixit's reply to Anuska's Comment

Written on: 14/02/2013

I received the same email and they were as good as their word.

Gfletcher95's Response to anuska's Review

Written on: 30/01/2013

I've been to my local bank and they've said if you got proof of emails you've sent them after 15 days of sending an email you can report the item to them as not been recieved and you can get a full refund. :)

Wilburfixit's Response to anuska's Review

Written on: 28/01/2013

I'm in the same boat. I tried to contact Deloitte today but no one picking up the phone on the number given out when you call HMV customer care. Absolutely terrible position that they are in but like you I ordered before their company collapsed. I also have an email to say it is on its way.........date 14 Jan

Shieldyourbeliefs's Response to anuska's Review

Written on: 24/01/2013

I'm in the same boat, I've been waiting for 2 dvds from 6th January and now I have no means of chasing the order up as the website is down or a way to refund my money. It's so frustrating.

Anuska's reply to Shieldyourbeliefs's Comment

Written on: 27/01/2013

The store gave me two ways to contact them: 0207 303 0700 which is also on the website and the customer service email: HMV@deloitte.co.uk

I did not had luck with the email has I did not receive a reply yet but they answer the phone ;)

“Can't use giftcard online”

Written on: 30/12/2012

Received a HMV gift card for Christmas, not a store I would usually buy from but still a bonus. Really surprised that in this day & age the gift-card is not redeemable online. I purchase most of my music as downloads so this gift is pretty useless to me. Get with the times!!… Read Full Review

“will never use again”

Written on: 20/12/2012

I placed an order which I later cancelled as the order was open for over a week with no sign of it being sent out, with it being a christmas present I decided to cancel and ordered from amazon and recieved the order within 2 days. After cancelling the order I thought nothing of it, until a week and a half later I recieved an email stating that my order was on its way and on checking, noticed the funds had been taken from my account. Spoke to customer services whom were no help at all, emailed… Read Full Review

“avoid like the plague!”

Written on: 17/12/2012

Ordered a dvd set costing £35 for my daughter for xmas. The fact that it was in stock and free delivery was the key reason I chose to spend my money at hmv. The first attempt to order online seemed to be trouble free, however 2 days passed and I realised that I had not received a confirmation of my purchase via email. I then checked , on hmv website, my recent orders and discovered that I had no orders, even though I had gone through the whole ordering process including entering bank details… Read Full Review

“Item Disappeared and Poor Service From HMV”

Written on: 06/12/2012

I pre order the dark knight rises blu ray steel book it was sent out on the 27th of November as of now it hasn't turned up. I rang up customer services told them what happened and i was told that i had wait. I asked for a replacement as i knew it would sell out and if the other one turns up i would send it back by either recorded or special post still the same answer i even emailed them got the same answer. When i checked on there site this morning the item has been deleted which is what i knew… Read Full Review

“Still Waiting”

Written on: 01/12/2012

Placed an order 7 days ago on Black Friday weekend for a box set set at reduced price. The status of the order is stating "Awaiting Stock Allocation". I have e-mailed their customer service to chase this order and have been advised that they are waiting on their suppliers and if I don't want to wait to cancel the order. What is annoying is that this box set in still showing as available to purchase with a dispatch date of 1-3 days but of course at the original price. I am guessing they don't… Read Full Review

Debi17's Comment

Written on: 05/02/2013

i had the same problem with a boxset on pre-order. i ordered it when it was first available to pre-order and when it finally came to release they had more than tripled the price and wouldn't send it. so i cancelled it and bought it elsewhere for less than the pre-order price.

“Nice Job Hmv”

Written on: 29/11/2012 by WellDoneHmv1 (1 review written)

'key elements i like' nothing hmv is getting stupid, order'd 2 cd's on the 21st and its now the 29th stil nothing got onto them on the phone and they need to speak to my mum? dont worry hmv hope you just rot to the ground piece of annoying store. terrible customer servise… Read Full Review

“stay away!”

Written on: 24/11/2012 by mesohungry (1 review written)

Worst online shopping experience i have ever had. I ordered 10 dvd's (wanted to treat myself) and was really looking forward to them. After a few days i get an email from them saying that they couldn't verify my billing address? huh what? So i verified it and of course they gave no explanation as to why. I order stuff online all the time and never have a problem with my card. 2 weeks later still no delivery, no explanation and to top it all off my online account is suspended so i cant track… Read Full Review

“conning”

Written on: 23/11/2012

I sent a DVD back that I ordered online that cost £37 and recived it in time but I sent it back because some of the DVD holders inside were broken and it was one of those special 10 DVD holding cases, I sent the official form with it asking for a replacement then I recieved an Email saying they were giving me a refund on a DVD I ordered months before and still have now that cost £11 and that is a con… Read Full Review

“Poor delivery ”

Written on: 20/11/2012 by Piratepete (1 review written)

I recently ordered black ops 2 nuketown2025. It was shipped on the 9th days before release, which takes 5 to 7 working days abroad. It's now the 20th and still haven't received the game. Now I'm stuck cant go buy it from the shops as hmv have taken out the money. poor delivery service I won't be ordering again from hmv as delivery is poor and will be using amazon from now on. I have ordered DVDs books and CDs from hmv and iPad cases and stands which all come within a week, but this is the… Read Full Review

“Hmv online ordering ”

Written on: 16/11/2012

I ordered a cd last week several days before its release date/so basically I preordered it! And anyway It was supposed to take 3-5 days and I'm almost a week on without it! I'm so peed of with the poo service! If I had known I would have just gone to another shop on the release date and bought it! Never buying from HMV online again! It's a load of balls I'm furious and I can't cancel th order now as the money has come out my bank and since Saturday it's been completely shipped! So then where… Read Full Review