Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo Reviews

Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo

“Quick and agile”

Written on: 21/12/2013

It reminds me of the old mini the way it goes round corners. It's light and quick, with lots of torque and smooth revs to 7000 with seb chip. A blueprinted engine helps. It's getting old so little things often need attention, like electrics, hinges etc. lowered suspension means great stability at speed but touches on some humps. First gear is high and front wheel drive so not the fastest away at the lights, but once on the cam it's big grins. Very practical for family, sailing kit and dog… Read Full Review

“Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo is a cheap but very good too...”

Written on: 22/08/2009

Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo is a cheap but very good too car with no so many killos that it can take on it things that make it better… Read Full Review

“My fiat punto is very fast car with the turbo. it is a...”

Written on: 26/07/2009

My fiat punto is very fast car with the turbo. it is a family car because it has lots of room it is okay for a first car buy.
bad thing is that it has lots of problems because of the age of the car.
its just started to smoke up hills thats why we are buying a new car… Read Full Review

“The Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo is not bad can be a bit...”

Written on: 08/06/2009 by GARV31 (1 review written)

The Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo is not bad can be a bit temprementle,,foreign,,what do u expect… Read Full Review

“i have owned a punto gt1 on an L reg , since october...”

Written on: 16/04/2009

i have owned a punto gt1 on an L reg , since october last year , all i have needed to replace is a tyre !!!!! flew through mot no problems or advisories , if your going to buy one spend that bit more to get one that has not been thrashed and is original ,i have been offered £2000 for mine and will not sell it , its cheap on insurance , tax and fuel , and keeps up with most modern cars… Read Full Review

“ive owned one for 2 years and love it to bits but it...”

Written on: 24/07/2008

ive owned one for 2 years and love it to bits but it does live up to its name Fix It Again Tomorrow… Read Full Review

“Go buy one. Handling is superb and power keeps you...”

Written on: 21/07/2008

Go buy one. Handling is superb and power keeps you smiling. Not the fastest hot hatch out there but one of the most fun for the money… Read Full Review

“I have had my GT3 since January and havent looked back...”

Written on: 11/07/2008 by ToddGT (1 review written)

I have had my GT3 since January and havent looked back since buying it, it has been my daily drive and havent had any real problems with it. Iooked hard and found my one that had 1 lady owner and totally standard. It now runs around 170bhp with seb2 chip, de-cated exhaust, induction kit, front mount intercooler and turbosmart controller set at 18 psi. Wipes the smile from a lot of other drivers faces. My fav's to race are BMW's. My car eats 328i's for breakfast… Read Full Review

“I have had my Fiat Punto gt3 for 9 months and Im more...”

Written on: 07/04/2008 by stay golden (2 reviews written)

I have had my Fiat Punto gt3 for 9 months and Im more than happy with it. Like I just read most people cant believe it when they get blown away by it and think its just a sporting! How wrong they are!! It has a grin factor of 10 in my book. Mine is about 170 bhp @ the moment and will stay with Subaru s Honda type r s etc... I am about to chip it and put bigger injectors in and up the boost so we will be around 220bhp then so watch out in your mirror for me and if you feel lucky? I am a real… Read Full Review

“I love this car it's great. Love looking out of the...”

Written on: 04/01/2008

I love this car it's great. Love looking out of the window waving to people who can't believe a yellow Punto just did them, and its still standard .Had a red top Nova which was fun but much prefer my beloved GT. Can't wait to tune up to around 200bhp… Read Full Review

“Well I have had plenty of cars in the past like a...”

Written on: 23/12/2007 by boxa (1 review written)

Well I have had plenty of cars in the past like a Calibra turbo astra gsi saxo vts 306 gti6 but my punto gt is the best out the lot. Little and quick, people are amazed went I take them 4 a drive. But thats all because of the £5500 I spent on the car, half of this is not off me but a friend before, Im more than happy that I got this car… Read Full Review

“I love my Fiat Punto GT. I have however been forced to...”

Written on: 30/06/2007 by gez17hx (1 review written)

I love my Fiat Punto GT. I have however been forced to spend more money on it than the £2500 I paid for it 8 months ago. I've had rear wheel bearings, front exhaust flexi pipe, clutch, cv boot, brake disc's & pads, complete engine rebuild & ECU repair, all even though the car is serviced every 9,000 miles. However I love the car to bits and wouldn't get rid of it for the world, it attempted to break into a while ago, still awaiting repair for when I get some money… Read Full Review

“Would recommend a Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo if you have...”

Written on: 21/05/2007 by kdshadows (1 review written)

Would recommend a Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo if you have the time to care for the car, as it does require maintenance etc. The most rewarding car I have owned so far… Read Full Review

“After owning the Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo car for 4...”

Written on: 06/11/2006 by gavb (1 review written)

After owning the Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo car for 4 years and trying to keep it in the best condition possible has been hard just because of the amount of times it's gone wrong. I've replaced the whole exhaust system twice, had to get a new brake server, three new clutches a new fuel pump, new rear roll bar ball joints have gone countless times and I don't even drive it hard!
If the reliability was better, it would be the perfect little hot hatch, apart from the starlet turbo.
A lot of people… Read Full Review

“Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo is a nice car to do up. I have...”

Written on: 13/09/2006 by geor1986 (1 review written)

Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo is a nice car to do up. I have Abarth skirts, front and back bumpers, looks very impressive. A head turner for definite. Nice to have the looks as well as the speed. It's funny to see some people's faces when they come to race me at traffic lights! A lot faster than you would expect!… Read Full Review

“I love these cars to bits! I borrowed my brother...”

Written on: 17/06/2006 by cozy3011 (1 review written)

I love these cars to bits! I borrowed my brother money for a Fiat Punto GT I drove it back from Leeds which is about 30 mile from were I live very impreesed with it so I decideed to go n buy one my self… Read Full Review

“I've had the Fiat Punto for a week now and it's the...”

Written on: 09/12/2005 by drunkpunk (1 review written)

I've had the Fiat Punto for a week now and it's the best car I've had. It's had a Seb 2 chip and a full Power flow exhaust… Read Full Review

“My last car was a Fiat Punto GT. I had T25...”

Written on: 07/11/2005 by bunny1111 (1 review written)

My last car was a Fiat Punto GT. I had T25 turbo,ported and polished head, piper 285cam, low comp pistons, gas flowed manifolds, front mounted intercooler, superchip re-map and low comp bottom end.

After doing all of this work I was able to drive it about 3 months until the problems started happening. I went through about 4 gearbox rebuilds in under a year. The standard gearbox for a Punto GT just can't take any sort of power.
When the car was running it was a road eater. I beat a Pulsar… Read Full Review

“The Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo engine coolant leaked,...”

Written on: 03/11/2005 by rudeboi (1 review written)

The Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo engine coolant leaked, I've had it for 3 days and taken it to the garage 12 times. I now know all the garage staff by their first names… Read Full Review

“Ive only owned my Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo for three...”

Written on: 24/05/2005 by ste gt (1 review written)

Ive only owned my Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Turbo for three days and so far I love it. It rips many a car off the lights and kept up with a Honda Civic Type R up to about 90 on a long straight last night and thats in standard form! Planning on dropping it on 16's and then tuning the engine as much as my wallet can afford. Just one slight problem (so far), the Injector Warning Light keeps popping on every now and again. Sometimes if your slowing down towards a junction and it comes on, the engine cuts… Read Full Review

Spliff1Star's Response to ste gt's Review

Written on: 30/05/2005

i have never had this problem with mine, but everyone seems to have this problem. I've even heard it happening with a few toyota starlet gts. Maybe its the sparkplugs or leads? this seems a common fault with punto gts now. if its none of them take the car to a proper garage that knows nos what they are talking about and knows how to work on punto gts.

441998_Jon90's Response to ste gt's Review

Written on: 19/02/2009

iv had a gt since i was 17 i had 2 at one point the injector light is a common fault an can come on when there isnt even a problem . an dont turn a bleedvalve up 2 much id say about 18 psi 21 max but your risking reliability then
<br/>

361520_Adamcommons's Response to ste gt's Review

Written on: 23/04/2008

my injector lite came up the other day in mine and agen 2day what kinda price am i looking at for injectors its a 1997 wud that be mk1 or 2 thanks for the info

Written on: 13/12/2005

I'm insured with Elephant. It is £1180 TP f + t on my own insurance.
<br>The car was actually written off last week, when some taxi driver pulled out right in front of me. Will get a claim for whiplash and a new car so not so bad.
<br>
<br>On the look out for an MR2 turbo now. Unbelievably, they will insure me for £1490 Fully Comp. Cant believe it to be honest.

217145_Billygtwannabe's Response to ste gt's Review

Written on: 14/11/2005

How much are you paying for your insurance? I'm only 17 at the moment and I drive an escort - it's not slow but it lacks the oompf of the GT Punto. I had a go in my mates and I've fallen in love! I'm looking to get one when I'm 18/19 if the insurance is anywhere near reasonable!
<br>
<br>Reasonable being not more than a few grand, maximum £4000 a year, otherwise I wont have any money left after paying all my bills!
<br>
<br>Thanks for any help ;)

213426_5P33D Fr3Ak's Response to ste gt's Review

Written on: 17/10/2005

Who is your insurance with as I am 18 aswell and would like to get insured on a punto gt. Also how much do you pay?

213426_5P33D Fr3Ak's Response to ste gt's Review

Written on: 11/10/2005

Just wondering how much you paid for your insurance on your gt turbo since you are only 18. I am also 18 and want to know the best place for insurance on a gt turbo?

205031_Markmair45's Response to ste gt's Review

Written on: 05/08/2005

Hey me and my boyfriend have had two punto turbo's. I love them. Any problem's you have i'm sure he would be happy to help. I have 16's on mine and it looks great!! It's lower aswell. Got a powerflow exhaust straight through the middle sounds lovely.

203345_Puntopug's Response to ste gt's Review

Written on: 25/07/2005

Hello mate. I had the same problem! You need new injectors, and they are not cheap!

Written on: 06/07/2005

elephant.co.uk. admiral and asda are quite good too.

Corsa's Response to ste gt's Review

Written on: 27/06/2005

yeah would like to know where you got your insurance from as i can't get insurance on a punto gt untill i am 20 years old?

Written on: 31/05/2005

Well I seem to have pretty much sorted it now. Took it to a mates garage and he put the scanner on the ecu. Turned out there was a slight electrical fault in three of the sensors, so the scanner fixed them. The light came on once or twice later on that day and the next day, but since then it seems to have been alright. Put a Dump Valve on it last night and sounds sweet! Also got a three-way Bleed Valve, wondering if you’ve got any advice or info on the adjusting of these (how much to turn it, etc)???