8 Mile Reviews

Summary

Director Curtis Hanson Starring: Eminem, Mekhi Phifer
Features:
  • PAL
  • ? Ask our helpful community of experts about this product or company
    8 Mile - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for 8 Mile

“8 Mile ”

Written on: 07/01/2010 by zagureanu (27 reviews written)

Movie:
    Life has not been kind to Jimmy 'B-Rabbit' Smith (Eminem). His pregnant girlfriend broke up with him and he gave her his car, although he finds out that she was just pretending. He has a dead end job in a car manufacturing plant and because he is homeless he has to move in with his mum and baby sister in a trailer park.
    But B-Rabbit has a dream, he wants to be a rapper and we see him at the beginning of the film preparing for his "battle" in the grimy toilets of a dilapidated… Read Full Review

8 Mile

“I think that this film is the best-...”

Written on: 30/11/2008

I think that this film is the best- unforgettable..super acters, music and I love Eminem and hip hop, so I think this film is the best… Read Full Review

8 Mile

“8 Mile - This film's great. I thought it would just...”

Written on: 15/11/2004 by jenny1000 (63 reviews written)

8 Mile - This film's great. I thought it would just be mainly rap songs put together, not that I don't like them, but it had a good storyline too. Not a lot actually happened, but it was still a really enjoyable film that I have watched several times. Eminem does a great job in this film, and I like the way that it is also partly based on his life. It's also quite 'real' as well, if you know what I mean. I thought it would be fake and OTT but it wasn't. It's funny with love and action… Read Full Review

8 Mile

“Being a massive Eminem fan, I suppose I could be...”

Written on: 14/06/2004 by samileo (1 review written)

Being a massive Eminem fan, I suppose I could be perceived as being a touch biased, but believe me - 8 Mile is not to be missed.

I was not really sure what to expect from this film. I wasn't under the misconception that this was a film about Marshall Mathers' life, but I knew it was based around the way he grew up.

For an incredibly rich and famous rapper, I think that maybe I expected him to be really playing up to the cameras, and showing off a little, but when I watched the film, I could… Read Full Review

8 Mile

“What a film! 8 Mile is just genius from start to...”

Written on: 02/02/2004 by Bubabaah (42 reviews written)

What a film! 8 Mile is just genius from start to finish, it transports you to another world, that of the mid 90's detroit rap scene. Eminem gives a top performance (pretty much of himself) as a struggling rapper trying to get out the trailer park and onto the ladder to fame and fortune. The Movie soundtrack is sweet with tracks from the likes of NWA, Mobb Deep and Outkast. Watch out for Kim Basinger as Eminems mum as well, there's a few amusing if a little off putting bits in there. Britney… Read Full Review

/var/www/vhosts/phoenix/current/system/lib