Seat Leon 1.9 TDi 110 SE Reviews

Seat Leon 1.9 TDi 110 SE
Seat Leon 1.9 TDi 110 SE

“Great at 165k miles”

Written on: 20/02/2013

Had this from 3 years old. Serviced it regularly and it keeps on going. Gret road holding and torque… Read Full Review

“After owning 3 Golfs I thought of saving some money...”

Written on: 12/07/2010 by nothappy1bit (4 reviews written)

After owning 3 Golfs I thought of saving some money and bought a brand new Seat Leon 110 TDI, big mistake! Although the parts come from the same bin, the Seat is put together by Spanish workers at a Spanish factory in Spain and that is a big problem.
Every imaginable seal leaked water, doors, rear and front lights, aircon housing and rear wiper, in the morning it was like stepping into a wet tent after spending 3 nights at Glastonbury.
The dealer was useless as well, instead of caring for… Read Full Review

Rayx's Response to nothappy1bit's Review

Written on: 17/10/2012

The only big mistake around here is you. Leon is an awarding car all around europe. If you had a unit with problems, you should have been smart enough to go and talk to your dealer instead of keeping it and blaming the Spanish for your small brain
Signed by a Spanish

“I bought this car from the Seat dealership in...”

Written on: 14/10/2009

I bought this car from the Seat dealership in Letchworth after I had taken it for a test drive and fallen instantly in love with it.

Now, seven years down the track the car still looks beautiful, the engine is as good as when I bought the car despite having 164,000 miles on the clock.

This car is a real gem and I only hope my next Seat is as good… Read Full Review

“This is my fourth happy year of driving the Seat Leon...”

Written on: 05/02/2008

This is my fourth happy year of driving the Seat Leon SE TDI 130bhp model, and after 80k miles I haven't got a bad word to say about the car. The engine is fantastic; responsive and full of torque. The turbo starts boosting from just below 2000rpm so it keeps up with its petrol counterparts easily as it's low-mid range pull is excellent. On the road, the Leon feels squat and sturdy, sticks to it's line and handles in a very precise and steady manner. I've thrown it around a bit and its difficult… Read Full Review

“This car i.e. the 110 TDi SEAT Leon is absolutely the...”

Written on: 29/08/2007 by richard walker (1 review written)

This car i.e. the 110 TDi SEAT Leon is absolutely the best car I have ever owned.

I bought it second hand FSH with 60K on the clock all motorway miles ex rep car.

It now has 165,000 miles on the clock. (that's 105K driven by me). All motorway miles on my daily round trip to work of 106 miles.

Only one issue which was still under warranty was a failed air mass meter a common VAG group car fault.

Having a normally aspirated Peugeot 306 1.9D previously I never even realised there was a problem… Read Full Review

“I have the Seat Leon 1.9 TDi 110 SE 130bhp version....”

Written on: 05/10/2006 by Wlord (7 reviews written)

I have the Seat Leon 1.9 TDi 110 SE 130bhp version. The VAG groups input is obvious. However I am not sure where this was put together (not Germany I would imagine). The car is great and I feel I got a great deal. It's fast (but not licence losing by accident) and does 50mpg without much care. After only a few months the cabin had about 5 different vibrations and rattles. There are also two different ones coming from under the bonnet (not diesel engine noises). Due to the 3 year warranty, the… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I'd think twice before buying from Seat.”

Written on: 26/04/2006 by Scott Simpson (1 review written)

I'd think twice before buying from Seat… Read Full Review

“This was the first car I had ever paid for brand new,...”

Written on: 12/02/2006 by tsbl2000 (1 review written)

This was the first car I had ever paid for brand new, despite having said I would always buy second hand. One drive of the Leon TDi 110 was enough to convince me to buy new. I have owned the car for over four years and in 60K+ miles I have never had any trouble. The performance is very good and fuel economy over 50mpg. There are many nice little touches, like electronically folding door mirrors, climate control, time delay lighting on exit etc., which have made this a very enjoyable car to own… Read Full Review

“The Seat Leon is great fun to drive, stiff suspension...”

Written on: 12/02/2006 by discohippie (1 review written)

The Seat Leon is great fun to drive, stiff suspension gives real enjoyment. The ride can be poor especially on bumpy roads at low speeds. The ride improves on motorway. The ride often gives passengers the impression that they're travelling fast when in fact it's just the sporty feel. Acceleration generally good but first rate on motorways seems to accelerate faster as speed increases. Good fuel economy amazing if driven with care. Fun sporty car without being too expensive to run. I had air… Read Full Review

“I like the look of the Seat Leon, and the performance...”

Written on: 27/10/2005 by williams123 (1 review written)

I like the look of the Seat Leon, and the performance is good, but I'm just so gutted that such a new car (51 plate) with so little miles on the clock has had such a BIG problem costing £2500. This is a 4 year old car, which has been serviced annually. There has been no warning. I am lucky I have got a boyfriend that noticed the smell of oil, otherwise I would have broken down somewhere not knowing what on earth to do. I am really upset that I've spent so much money on the car. I am only 20… Read Full Review

“I bought my Seat Leon 1.9 TDi 110 SE after owning a...”

Written on: 05/10/2004 by Ross Graham (4 reviews written)

I bought my Seat Leon 1.9 TDi 110 SE after owning a superb Toledo TDi 110 for three years and 60,000 miles of superb performance and reliability. The car is easy and fun to drive. The engine always feels smooth and willing with great mid range pull, the high gearing gives relaxed and effortless high speed cruising and the steering and roadholding is of a high standard. My wife runs a Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec which is a very good car but we both prefer the Leon as it is superior in almost every… Read Full Review

“Owned a Seat Leon from new, for one and a half years...”

Written on: 03/05/2004 by awmorgan (1 review written)

Owned a Seat Leon from new, for one and a half years and so far have no real cause for complaint.
The 1.9 TDI 110 Engine is really punchy, despite the slight turbo lag and it's quiet too.
Lots of room in passenger compartment and in the boot also, like the 12V power outlet in there.
Standard radio / CD is excellent thanks to sensible speakers (8 altogether).
Not too sure about the TCS but noted that it holds it's own on ice and snow, unlike some wide wheel 4x4's.
Lots of thoughtful details… Read Full Review

“After getting my Seat Leon, it has made many trips to...”

Written on: 25/03/2004 by Wendles (1 review written)

After getting my Seat Leon, it has made many trips to the garage, firstly the boot jammed, then a month later the back windscreen washer broke and soaked everything, then the horn broke, now the anti-theft alarm keeps going off and I can do nothing but wait with the battery disconnected for 3 weeks until the dealer can get round to fixing it. It has also developed a rattle in the dashboard… Read Full Review

Mk1978's Response to Wendles's Review

Written on: 23/05/2005

Sounds like a Friday afternoon car, unfortunately they do crop up in all makes not just the Seat Leon.
My Leon had a minor internal light defect which was quickly corrected by the dealer but other than that 100% quality and reliability.
Only solution i've found for Friday afternoon cars is kicking up so much fuss that they replace the entire car! That was a Vauxhall I had issues with!

“I've had the Seat Leon 1.9 TDi 110 SE for almost 2...”

Written on: 07/03/2004 by Mike1969 (2 reviews written)

I've had the Seat Leon 1.9 TDi 110 SE for almost 2 years now and am still impressed by everything about the car, it's performance is great on all road types from my fun back road routes to the motorways on trips down south.
Still get some badge snobs taking to micky but it'll out perform a Golf GTI and still do 50mpg. Seats are the best I've ever had in a car and the build quality is very very good. Just came through a bad spell of snow and it even made a fool of some 4x4's but that could be… Read Full Review

“My Seat Leon 1.9 TDi 110 SE does everything that I...”

Written on: 09/02/2004 by ctu8630007 (1 review written)

My Seat Leon 1.9 TDi 110 SE does everything that I have asked of it. Can get a great driving position due to adjustable steering (height and reach) and an adjustable seat (including height). Seats are firmer and closer than the 's' TDI that I had as a hire car. Handles and drives as well as any other that I 've had for the money. I did wonder if the boot would be big enough but fitted all things for two weeks in France for two adults. Build quality has been fine and it's a true gem in snow and… Read Full Review

Mike1969's Response to ctu8630007's Review

Written on: 08/03/2004

Couldn\'t agree more, but I think that the performance is very good for a 110bhp car, it revs well above 4000 and gives a real push back into the seat.