Taba, Mariott Taba Heights Beach Resort Reviews

Taba, Mariott Taba Heights Beach Resort - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Taba, Mariott Taba Heights Beach Resort

Taba, Mariott Taba Heights Beach Resort
Taba, Mariott Taba Heights Beach Resort

“I stayed for 7 nights at the Marriot in Taba Heights....”

Written on: 13/08/2010

I stayed for 7 nights at the Marriot in Taba Heights. On the 2nd day I got food poisoning from something I ate in the resort. I spent the rest of the trip in my room feeling awful. The buffet food is awful and the night life absolutely non existent. I would definetely not recommend this resort to anyone, if you do go be so careful what you eat!!!!… Read Full Review

“Taba and the Marriott make for a perfect holiday which...”

Written on: 12/03/2010 by GallopingGran (1 review written)

Taba and the Marriott make for a perfect holiday which is why we are returning for the 6th time in 2 years. The hotel staff are friendly and efficient and nothing is too much trouble.The food is excellent with a wide variety. However, if your idea of a good holiday is plenty of night life and plenty of alcohol, don't go! If you want a totally relaxing holiday then there is nowhere better and I can thoroughly recommend both the resort and the hotel
Val Neil… Read Full Review

“it was a great vacation at Mariott Taba Heights Beach...”

Written on: 30/04/2009

it was a great vacation at Mariott Taba Heights Beach Resort the staff is very welcoming and service is very good.
christine haddad… Read Full Review

“Having just come back from Taba, I can say we were...”

Written on: 06/09/2008 by mikel001 (1 review written)

Having just come back from Taba, I can say we were pleased with our holiday. The rooms we had were most acceptable, spacious with reasonably comfortable double beds. The hotel reception looks classy as does the pool and beach front areas.
The food was buffet style with a different theme every night (not for the deserts though, these appeared to be the same every night). On the whole the quality of food was good however we were always early to dinner so I don't know what it would have been like… Read Full Review

“My partner and I went to the Mariott Taba Heights in...”

Written on: 04/01/2008 by VikkiVaughan (1 review written)

My partner and I went to the Mariott Taba Heights in June 2006 and thought it was one of the best holidays we have been on for value for money, so much so that we are returning for a second helping this June 2008.
Having read the recent reviews I am quite concerned that people have expected too much of such a wealth challenged country. You have to remember that when a hotel advertises itself as a particular star rating, you have to look at which country it is in.
However, as much as I like the… Read Full Review

“Overall very disappointing, there seems to be no...”

Written on: 11/12/2007 by susiebibby666 (1 review written)

Overall very disappointing, there seems to be no proper management control of the restaurant or staff. Most wander about aimlessly instead of clearing tables and checking on food.

Never had any hot food, always cold. Spent the second week of holiday eating outside the hotel!

There are some visitors to this resort that seem to want to ruin it for everyone else by their actions, i.e. destroying the reefs, eating everything in sight and drinking themselves into a permanent stupa!… Read Full Review

“Just returned from the Marriot Hotel at Taba and as...”

Written on: 03/09/2007 by Drewmac1 (1 review written)

Just returned from the Marriot Hotel at Taba and as we'd used this guide prior to going it is only fair that we give our tuppence worth in return.

Location:- A new resort on the Red Sea being financed to the tune of billions of dollars by Egypt's largest conglomerate as they set about developing the 'Red Sea Riviera'.
Taba airport is about 40 minutes drive away over an amazing road cut through the rocks. The resort is miles from anything and you are unlikely to leave it except perhaps for an… Read Full Review

“I would recommend a stay at Mariott Taba Heights Beach...”

Written on: 16/08/2007 by ghostiekitten (1 review written)

I would recommend a stay at Mariott Taba Heights Beach Resort to anyone who wants to just chill out, there is no pressure from the locals unlike other places you visit. There are no restrictions ie the pool never closes and you are free to do whatever you please and not made to feel uncomfortable. The only complaint we have is the Peltours rep has no enthusiasm to help you out and offers no alternative when he tells you he can't arrange a trip! It was explained to us when we enquired to go… Read Full Review

“I booked a family holiday through Peltours who...”

Written on: 04/10/2006 by JOANNE AGIUS (1 review written)

I booked a family holiday through Peltours who advertised in the Daily Mail. The Marriott Beach Resort in Taba is advertised as a 5* Hotel. I can assure you that it IS NOT A 5*! They play on the fact that once you are there, it is very difficult to go anywhere else. The Rooms are average 3*, and there are no tea or coffee making facilities, and no complimentary water, which is essential for washing your teeth with. They charge you approximately £1.00 per bottle, and if you use the bottle in… Read Full Review

Vikkivaughan's Response to 262073_JOANNE AGIUS's Review

Written on: 04/01/2008

I disagree with this review because... I have been to Marriott Taba Heights, and have experienced the hotels facilities and amenities first hand, and find this review to be a total misjudgment of what the hotel has to offer. It seems that people are wanting to pay three star prices for 5 star hotels and expect too much!!! I will be returning to the same hotel in June 2008, and will report on the current state of affairs and believe this review is an unfair representation, and as such should be removed or amended.

Kristain77's Response to 262073_JOANNE AGIUS's Review

Written on: 14/05/2010

Always sunny, great people, beautiful surrounding Hurghada is a coastal town in Egypt a place that carved it's nice in best of hotels, resorts and is one of the best Diving spots in world which attracts the divers like a magnet to iron.
<br/>http://www.beachresorts360.net/hurghada-beach-resort-and-attractions.html

443430_Scottiscool's Response to 262073_JOANNE AGIUS's Review

Written on: 24/02/2009

I recently went with Pel Tours to the Mariott Taba Heights and feel the need to correct some of what was said in this review.
<br/>
<br/>While the service was a little slow at times it wasn't aweful - although I had heard it was much slower the week before (half term week). Other than this in my opinion everything was fine, and I didn't meet anyone in my week there who thought otherwise. Its not a 5* - but in most places you look its not advertised as such, the Mariott themselves say 4* I believe - thats certainly what we were told.
<br/>
<br/>In my opinion bottled water is essential for drinking, but not brushing teeth (I was told by everyone I asked not to bother and didn't - I'm fine.) And isn't too expensive.
<br/>
<br/>The Shuttle Bus was full at times, but there was always space and it runs regularly enough, at the end of the day your on holiday and in no great rush so what does it matter if you have to wait half an hour (which is only if you just miss one bus by a minute or two and wait till the next - they run every 30 minutes, and stick to it well).
<br/>
<br/> They booked and ran all our trips brilliantly. When I got food poisoning I tried to go on a trip I had already booked, and the Pel Tours rep took me to a hotel they used locally where I could rest for the day (I couldn't cope with the heat). The food poisoning wasn't their fault, I got it from a place outside the hotel on another trip, and they dealt with it really well and made the best out of a bad situation for me. All credit too them, my only disappointment was not seeing Petra - yet another reason for me to return.
<br/>
<br/>Finally what the other comment said about being overcharged I didn't notice, and I'm the sort of person who checks! There may be tax and/or a service charge onto of x% but if you read the menu properly it will say so. Also the service charge isn't a tip and I don't think goes to the waiter/tress so make sure you tip on top - its a way of life in Eygpt and the only way they survive, they don't get paid more than a retainer really.
<br/>
<br/>One thing that is right is that the Hyatt down the road does look very nice to me from the outside, even if the pool is slightly less interesting. And wherever you stay walk down to the Hyatt (5 minutes along the beach from the Mariott) to go snorkling, there is a much better reef their than outside any other hotels.
<br/>
<br/>I'm just about to book a fortnight holiday and seriously considering going back to the Mariott, it was a lovely break, and I still have to visit Petra. it's a great hotel.
<br/

Jkblondonuk's Response to 262073_JOANNE AGIUS's Review

Written on: 19/02/2008

I have just returned (16.02.08) from a week's holiday at the Marriott Hotel in Taba, Egypt. I was a repeat client of Peltours, having previously stayed at the Marriott in March '06. What a disappointment! Vikki Vaughan, like you I was a big Marriott fan. However, I told the reception staff on the last day that next time I visit the area I will be staying at the Hyatt. The food was really bad compared to 2 years ago. The staff appear to be upset if you complain, but they do nothing to address the problem. There are hygiene issues with flies on food left uncovered at breakfast time. I constantly had to argue with the staff about my change (a problem seemingly endemic in Taba Heights), and when I went to try to buy some postcards on the last day, the barman in the Lobby Bar told my friend that he did not understand why I was so upset as "you are rich, you are on holiday!". So that makes it alright to rip us off then. I tried to buy some stamps and I was told they cost SIX TIMES more than their face value because "I have to go to Cairo to get them". Yeah right! At least Reception only claimed they cost twice face value as they had to get them from Taba! We tried the other Hotels on the 'strip' for coffees snacks etc. The Hyatt generally does not rip you off, but watch your change if paying in dollars as the standard practice is to give change in EG pounds and skim a few off (yes I know they are equivalent to 10p each but it all adds up over a week). The Intercontinental Terrace cafe initially told me that 2 coffees were 25% more expensive than the price in the menu, even accounting for the sales tax and service charge. It was only when I queried the bill that the coffees were suddenly cheaper. And you have to do this every time you buy food or drink, or shop at the supermarket in the El Wekala resort (ESSENTIAL for bottled water). It's actually really annoying. Service charge and sales tax are compulsory in Egypt as I found out from one rep when I was having a rant. Check the menu as sometimes prices are inclusive of taxes and sometimes not. We also had a few mini bar items added to our final bill. I flatly refused to pay for them. And if you go, take a travel kettle and proper teabags. You can get a very good one with small cups included for £12.99 from Argos. I personally cannot stand lukewarm Liptons tea, but some people may not mind so much. And no, I am not a senior citizen! To summarise: stay at the Hyatt, buy water from the supermarket at El Wekala/Three Corners, and check your change.

“Taba is an up and coming area, if you like exploring...”

Written on: 18/06/2006 by zakbea (1 review written)

Taba is an up and coming area, if you like exploring your surroundings this is not the place to visit. Ideal for people who want a relaxing holiday with plenty of fantastic snorkeling, although best in the morning as could get quite choppy in the afternoon. Food very good although had to pay extra to use the grotto restaurant, wine was very poor quality at £15.00 per bottle would have expected better, take your duty free around £7.00 for shot of whiskey, beer reasonably priced. If you can go… Read Full Review

“Arrived at Mariott Taba Heights Beach Resort on...”

Written on: 15/03/2006 by Andrew Newson (1 review written)

Arrived at Mariott Taba Heights Beach Resort on 4.3.06, left 11.3.06

Flights
Booked through Peltours, who were fantastic, flew with Astraeus, who were also very good. We paid £50 for an upgrade, which was so worth it, especially their dedicated check-in for this class. Flight was delayed 90 minutes both ways. Should be 4.5 hours, headwinds increased this to 5 hours 20 mins on our return.

Weather
Very hot in the day, up to 30 degrees, but when the sun goes down at around 5pm, because is a… Read Full Review

Jkblondonuk's Response to Andrew Newson's Review

Written on: 25/01/2008

I agree with this review because...
<br/>
<br/>I was there at the exact same time, by complete co-incidence. I have no complaints about the Hotel. I thought the food was fabulous (although far too much of it! Eeek my hips!). People did like to gather of an evening and mutter about the Hotel not being up to five star standard, the food ditto, but I can honestly say I have no complaints. If you feel 'hemmed in', why not jump on the shuttle bus and visit one of the other Hotels nearby? Always good to see how the other 'arf live at the Hyatt (marvellous! love the HUGE swimming pools!) and the Sofitel (hmm not so impressed with this one) or the 3 star 10 minutes up the road (looked VERY lively). There is also a sweet little bazaar in the 3 star complex with e.g. a dive shop (probably overpriced - I bought some Cressi goggles for 40 USD). You will be amazed what you can find in the little shops and some of it is very useful (Water). I went in 06, before the building rush was truly underway, and I am looking forward to going back in 16 days time! You can't get a better recommendation than someone who wants to back to the same Hotel. My friend and I very much enjoyed a day we spent haggling at a small seaside resort down the coast (not Dahab but near there) and I have some lovely silver bracelets as a souvenir. The Hotel can organise a local reliable cab driver who for a small fortune (by local standards - not ours) will whisk you off for a bit of local colour. Like everything else in life, the best experiences do not come to those who sit idly by!

“My partner and I went to Taba Heights for Easter Week,...”

Written on: 08/04/2005 by MissBehaving (16 reviews written)

My partner and I went to Taba Heights for Easter Week, via Peltours and Astraeus.
The hotel is perfect! The Marriott Resort Taba Heights, is clean, with wonderful views, a lovely layout and is very relaxing.
We paid a little bit extra for a room with a view of the Sea and what we got really took our breathe away. Waking up in the morning to the sun and sea is what dreams are made of. I would certainly recommend paying the extra for that.

We went on two tours organised by Peltours. A… Read Full Review

“Mariott Taba Heights Beach Resort is a good place to...”

Written on: 29/10/2004 by mjeater (1 review written)

Mariott Taba Heights Beach Resort is a good place to go for a luxury hotel in excellent surroundings. The staff are great but the food/wine is mediocre. There is no town there so there isn't much to do in the evenings… Read Full Review

“Taba, Mariott Taba Heights Beach Resort - The hotel...”

Written on: 21/05/2004 by rock angel 92 (1 review written)

Taba, Mariott Taba Heights Beach Resort - The hotel had its own private beach which had some beautiful coral. Everything about this holiday was absolutely fantastic: the hotel/swimming pool/scenery was gorgeous, the hotel staff were really friendly and helpful and were always smiling!! The hotel catered for everybody from babies to wrinkly old people!!! Everybody in the hotel seemed to love the children, especially the toddlers and babies!… Read Full Review

“Got more than I bargined for at the Marriott Taba...”

Written on: 22/04/2004 by ldayes (1 review written)

Got more than I bargined for at the Marriott Taba Heights Beach Resort. It certainly was one of the best that I've stayed in. The hotel staff were brilliant. They're very friendly. Have a smile on their faces all the time. They loved the kids, even the screaming ones. It was a joy to stay there, may even concider specifying a Marriott when I go back to Egypt. The pools were great, cold and heated, the bars were great as well, Grotto was my faverite, did the best drinks + measures hic!… Read Full Review

248970_Sbrown's Response to ldayes's Review

Written on: 27/06/2006

We&#039;ve just returned from a weeks stay at the Mariott and we had a great time. The hotel was very clean, staff were brilliant and couldn&#039;t do enough for us. They all worked extremely long hours for what we worked out to be approx 10p an hour. so they are reliant on our tips. They kept the dining area open for us when we arrive at it was close to midnight, the waiters were still smiling.
<br>
<br>There wasn&#039;t a chav in sight!! Weather was amazingly hot !! We would go back tomorrow if we could. Take some cards or games for evening entertainment as there&#039;s not much to do in the hotel. You are able to go and eat at the other hotels in Taba Heights at an extra cost so you could spend your evenings that way and the restaurants look top class.

“The two adults and seven children I travelled with to...”

Written on: 15/04/2004 by KerenF (1 review written)

The two adults and seven children I travelled with to Taba would highly recommend this hotel. It's the best we had ever stayed in - we've stayed in a lot of marriotts!! It is an excellent place for a relaxing, beach or watersports holiday - but it is in a very remote place, so don't expect to be able to even get a taxi to the nearest town! A stunning hotel surrounded by stunning scenery! If you go you'll want to return… Read Full Review

“Mariott Taba Heights is one of the best hotels I have...”

Written on: 15/02/2004 by JAMES007 (1 review written)

Mariott Taba Heights is one of the best hotels I have stayed in, the Hotel was spotless and provided a good range of facilities, although not much to do in the evenings. The staff were extremely helpful. The place to go to relax!!… Read Full Review