Dell Inspiron 8500 Reviews

• Battery Life

Dell Inspiron 8500 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dell Inspiron 8500

Dell Inspiron 8500

“I have owned this laptop for over 5 years. No joke. In...”

Written on: 25/09/2008 by Midwestjack (1 review written)

I have owned this laptop for over 5 years. No joke. In that time I have upgraded the RAM and upgraded the HD - both to improve performance.

Recently, after 5 years that is, I have had to replace a burned out graphics card (I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did frankly), a dead battery and fried AC adapter. The dead battery was really my fault however, as I've used this thing almost exclusively while plugged in and the battery lost 90% of it's max charge a long long time ago.

If you're… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Dell Inspiron 8500

“I have a dell inspirion 8500. Windows performed an...”

Written on: 05/04/2008

I have a dell inspirion 8500. Windows performed an auto update for my graphics card and it was curtains after that. The screen drew funny lines and screwed the text on the screen. Windows crashed so I powered down the machine by holding the power button for 3 secs. When I switched the laptop on again the monitor was black and it would not boot up. You may as well say the laptop is dead. Im not impressed!
Dell support said it could be a static problem and that I should unplug power and battery… Read Full Review

Dell Inspiron 8500

“The other comments on here talk of Dell's horrible...”

Written on: 06/02/2008

The other comments on here talk of Dell's horrible service, but in my experience their service is the best out there. This laptop works well for what it was designed to do. The complainers buy a laptop like this and expect more out of it than it was designed to do. Recommend the Dell Inspiron 8500 laptop to anyone!… Read Full Review

Dell Inspiron 8500

“It heats up, battery life is rubbish, and under the...”

Written on: 09/02/2007 by reninlondon (1 review written)

It heats up, battery life is rubbish, and under the warranty they say certain things aren't covered, so make sure you read the small print.

I have a work laptop which I use too. It is an IBM Thinkpad. It is not as big as a Dell laptop, but it is durable, it lasts and it doesn't mess up as much as the Dell.

Basically, the Dell Inspiron 8500 laptop is a pile of trash, and if you are going to risk buying one, then make sure you get the extra on-site next business day support, because without it… Read Full Review

Dell Inspiron 8500

“The Dell Inspiron 8500 is basically a pile of junk...”

Written on: 24/11/2004 by ste151089 (2 reviews written)

The Dell Inspiron 8500 is basically a pile of junk and is no use to anybody. For the price you buy this, you could buy an Apple ibook… Read Full Review

Dell Inspiron 8500

“My Dell Inspiron 8500 was delivered surprisingly...”

Written on: 13/02/2004 by tersh (1 review written)

My Dell Inspiron 8500 was delivered surprisingly rapidly in november 2003. At christmas the dvd player started becoming erratic in its operation. I sent it back to Dell and it came back 3 weeks !! later. Unfortunately they had changed the XP Pro to XP home and omitted to install many other programmes and also the dvd decoder, so no dvd. And quality control had signed it off as ok. They offered to send an engineer, but if they can't fix it in 3 weeks what hope? I was advised to sue by trading… Read Full Review

427082_Ronniebangalore's Response to tersh's Review

Written on: 23/12/2008

I have the same problem an almost dead battery. I understand from the previous owner that they had always used the laptop plugged in. Is that the reason why the battery is failing? In 10 mins a fully charged battery discharges while working. I have 512 RAM, I want to add 1GB RAM to thisin the next slot, will it work as 1.5GB after that? The system otherwise is good and no complaints.