Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B Sewing Center Reviews

Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B Sewing Center - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B Sewing Center

Specification for Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B Sewing Center

Features:
  • Compact, easy-to-use, pre-threaded sewing machine designed for beginners
  • Good stitch control on variety of fabrics from heavy denim to delicate silk
  • Drop-in horizontal bobbin; control panel for power, speed, and light
  • Comes with 100-piece sewing accessory kit
  • Operates via adaptor or four AA batteries for portability; one-year warranty
  • Refine your search

“Abysmal. Do not buy the Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B. It...”

Written on: 18/09/2010

Abysmal. Do not buy the Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B. It is marketed as "easy to use" but it is not. Even looking on line for troubleshooting for threading the thing, I could not manage to get the bottom bobbin to properly pick up. My wife managed to straighten it out for me after three hours of poking around.

I cannot use it by myself. It is too complicated to thread. I enjoy sewing by hand and had hoped that it would expiate the process. It just made me yell and curse a lot. The… Read Full Review

Crazzzzzysky's Comment

Written on: 04/11/2012

hahahaha I find this funny, sorry you sound just like my husband right now, he got this thing in a garage sale! I have learned lots of new french swear words I have never heard before! Plus now he has a toolbar that he cannot remove on his computer! WOW! What a piece o junk!

Cindyli.345's Comment

Written on: 23/08/2013

hello, i wouldnt agree more. the Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B Sewing Center is difficult to use and i, as well, am struggling with the same obstacle as you had before. i am currently having trouble with the lower bobbin and i have no clue how to use the sewing machine.

“I was having the same problem and here is what I found...”

Written on: 17/08/2010

I was having the same problem and here is what I found on the internet on 50Plus Discussion Forums Dressmaker II- Sewing machine regarding the bobbin, from a man called Campy. I have to say that I played and followed what he said and it did work, I will still try to do it over and over. I hope this will help you;

I had the same problem at first.

Here is how you do it.

You cross over the thread coming from the bobbin underneath to the thread coming from the needle.

The thread into the… Read Full Review

Crazzzzzysky's Comment

Written on: 04/11/2012

Thats great, but the thread gets stuck and there is noway of fixing that! It continues to gather around the bobbin under the cover! Whew its a headache!

“wow this bobbin problem was making me go crazy until i...”

Written on: 11/08/2010

wow this bobbin problem was making me go crazy until i read all the reviews. if anyone knows how to thread the bobbin please let me know so i can stop wasting my time.

i thought this was an awesome sewing maching until i wanted to change the thread color. do NOT buy this product!!… Read Full Review

“I received this Euro-Pro Dressmaker sewing machine 4...”

Written on: 01/07/2009

I received this Euro-Pro Dressmaker sewing machine 4 years ago. It works well. I have made fabulous craft products with it. However, the threading is very complicated. Although it runs well I am very, very pleased to say that I will be getting a new sewing machine very soon… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I've had a Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B Sewing Center....”

Written on: 06/07/2008

I've had a Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B Sewing Center. Basically there is just nothing really to say in its favour. Seriously, I advise you don't buy it if you care about your money… Read Full Review

“I LOVE this little sewing machine by Euro-Pro. I have...”

Written on: 01/04/2008

I LOVE this little sewing machine by Euro-Pro. I have fixed every piece of clothing that needed mending and am now making my own simple garments. I completely think every family should own one… Read Full Review

“It came with thread and bobbin loaded and worked well...”

Written on: 23/12/2007

It came with thread and bobbin loaded and worked well until the bobbin had to be changed… Read Full Review

“I felt like a loser trying to figure out how to use...”

Written on: 14/01/2007 by malady (1 review written)

I felt like a loser trying to figure out how to use the Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B Sewing machine! I am very old, and I do not have a life, so I wanted something to fill it.

It took me away from more important things, like looking for a date on the internet. I am available and have this stupid sewing machine to prove it… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I hope many people read this before buying this...”

Written on: 24/11/2006 by heater (1 review written)

I hope many people read this before buying this product and waisting there money and alot of there time trying to use this so called" sewing machine!!"… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“This Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B Sewing Center doesn't...”

Written on: 26/03/2005 by Mantha (1 review written)

This Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B Sewing Center doesn't thread well in fact I wish I would have never purchased it. They need to figure out a way to allow you to thread the bottom bobbin I have tons of sewing to do and I can't do it because of this stupid machine!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B Sewing Center - The bobbin...”

Written on: 20/09/2004 by cjharv (1 review written)

Euro-Pro Dressmaker 998B Sewing Center - The bobbin doesn't thread easily.
    The tension is too tight and thread always breaks.
    Not user friendly… Read Full Review

Carol Ann's Response to cjharv's Review

Written on: 07/07/2005

My daughter recently puchased this machine at a yard sale. It was never used by the original owner because she could not figure it out. Unfortunately for us we do not have a user's manual. I have been sewing for over 20 years and I couldn't figure out how to use the bobbin. After reading the reviews I do not want to have to order and pay for one. If anyone has the instructions and could email me, I would really appreciate it. My daughter desperately wants to learn how to sew on her own machine.