Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler Reviews

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler - Ask a question now

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler

“Love this buggy,,been using it for nearly 6 yrs...”

Written on: 03/02/2011

Love this buggy,,been using it for nearly 6 yrs now,,had 1 puncture and never had to replace wheels. My buggy has been on mixed terrain(flat road,country and beach) on a daily basis(walking dogs)and is still going strong, Using it now for my 3rd child, the only problem ive had is getting a replacement rain cover,cant seem to get one and settled for an ill fitting substitute. (p/s the handle height is a bit high for the vertically challenged)… Read Full Review

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler

“i love this pushchair but the only thing i have found...”

Written on: 05/11/2009

i love this pushchair but the only thing i have found a problem is the front wheel, it seems to wobble a lot to the point of almost buckled, i almost brought one the same a few months ago which seemed to do the same thing but a lot worse so i took it back but because i liked the overall look and everything eles about this pushchair i brought one the same on ebay, can anyone tell me if they had the same problem or what i can do to fix it if it can be corrected… Read Full Review

Amberdare125's Comment

Written on: 20/02/2010

hi there just to he say with the urban detour the wheel does wobble but if you take the black plate off think its only few screws the tighten the bolt not over but half turn it wont wobble

Guest's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2011

Hi, i have this pushchair and have the same problem in grey, i had it in red and black and never a problem, my husband looked at it and it seems to be missing a washer on the front wheel, hope this helps, also taken it back to mothercare and it never happens on their surface

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler

“The Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler is strong but huge”

Written on: 03/05/2009 by fghjfgh (1 review written)

The Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler is strong but huge… Read Full Review

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler

“Purchased this Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler due to...”

Written on: 26/04/2009 by tracyeldred (1 review written)

Purchased this Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler due to our living area being rough terrain landscape. Folds easily, providing nothing in the basket.
Not too heavy to push.
Steers well.
Plenty of safety straps.
Good hard wearing fabric.
Good amount of accessories when we bought the travel system, without the carry-cot.

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler

“The Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler is not suitable at...”

Written on: 31/10/2008 by mumbilina (1 review written)

The Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler is not suitable at all for public transport in my opinion, my buggy tipped over much to my horror hitting and elderly gentleman and putting my son face first into a bus seat. the breaks do not seem to stop the buggy from moving. I think this is a good buggy but is it not safe in my view??… Read Full Review

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler

“Comes with everything included in package and can...”

Written on: 24/06/2008 by lzhx0y (1 review written)

Comes with everything included in package and can purchase carry cot which clips in the same way car seat does. Only thing I'd say is that carry cot is narrow compared to others I've seen and my wee toot outgrew it by 3 months (he is a BIG baby though!)

Car seat is a breeze to clip on and off, as is carry cot, and easy to put in and out of car. Only thing is the hood on the car seat doesn't stay up on its own which is pain in the rain or when its sunny.

Pram looks good, its a breeze to… Read Full Review

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler

“I have the Urban Detour normal version, not Xtreme,...”

Written on: 23/05/2008 by wolfiefish (1 review written)

I have the Urban Detour normal version, not Xtreme, but I suppose it's nearly the same. There were too many things that annoyed me with this pram, especially the seating position. I want my 7 month old baby to look around at things when I take him out for walks, but because the maximum upright position is basically nealy lying down, he doesn't get to see much and so decides to fall asleep.
I should have bought a Maclaren like I was going to.
Yes it's cheap this pram, but you get what you pay… Read Full Review

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler

“Plenty of punctures and then the tyres wear out...”

Written on: 01/02/2008

Plenty of punctures and then the tyres wear out (thread bare) so I need to buy more wheels (costing around £45). Put the new wheels on, got more punctures, before I knew it, the new tyres are wearing out AGAIN. I am disappointed in the poor quality of the tyres, expensive to buy. My daughter is not 2 yet and I will need to buy more wheels.

The wheels were not the only problem, the list goes on but I can't be bothered… Read Full Review

Lsukada's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2008

Couldn't agree more about tyre wear - we too have gone through two sets in less than 18 months - and I feel the supplier has been of no help whatsoever to me.

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler

“I love his pram despite the bad points. I would...”

Written on: 24/02/2007 by lubybell (1 review written)

I love his pram despite the bad points. I would definitely recommend it. We find it okay for walking (I have just read someone else saying it isn't a very good off roader).
The pram is big & bulky but then I think most travel systems are. I love the look of the pram & I find it really comfortable to push & steer. Overall I am very pleased with it… Read Full Review

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler

“Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler Pushchair Review”

Written on: 31/08/2005 by deansmark (3 reviews written)

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler Pushchair Review
We went looking for a pram that fulfilled all the functions we were looking for. We go on lots of walks - some around our local area and park, some on bridleways and footpaths - and wanted an 'off-road' pram. Yet we also wanted something that would be fine in town and in shops, that could be used with a new born and that Granny 1 and 2 could use easily.

This pram seemed to meet all those specifications. Its slot in car seat mean't young Joe… Read Full Review

Lindsey001's Response to deansmark's Review

Written on: 06/09/2005

I was recommended by Mothercare to Purchase the Urban Detour Xtreme. My Criteria for use was that I wanted a pushchair which I would be able to use for Country Walks along Footpaths, Bridle Paths and occasionally across fields.
<br>
<br>Unfortunatly I am very disappointed as I continuously get punctures and I am worried to go out on my own any further than the local shops for fear of a puncture, which although I am now an expert in repairing and changing is not possible to do whilst out and about with a young baby as where are you to put them whilst you carry out the repair.
<br>
<br>Great for going to the Shops but do not anything else. This pushchair can turn a pleasant family walk into a stressfull day out. The Name Urban Detour is not appropriate for this pushchair.

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler

“Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler - This pushchair is...”

Written on: 03/02/2005 by ewans mummy (1 review written)

Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler - This pushchair is great. I love mine. I have 3 pushchairs altogether and I always chose this one unless I'm going to a bus that isn't buggy friendly or a the train.

My son sleeps in ours for hours and always wakes in a good mood… Read Full Review