Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD Reviews

Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD

Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD
Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD

“I own a 9-3 sport saloon 2.2TiD in Linear trim with a...”

Written on: 09/03/2011

I own a 9-3 sport saloon 2.2TiD in Linear trim with a number of extras that I have added to over the years. I bought the car with about 75k miles on the clock and it is now sitting at 130k miles.

It is a hard-worked business transport and family car. There has been some reasonable wear and tear with things like clutch, intercooler and obviously tyres etc, all related to the unavoidable fact of mileage.

My appreciation and enjoyment of this car just grows the longer I own it. It may not have… Read Full Review

“I purchased my Saab 9-3 2.2TID 3 years from a Saab...”

Written on: 17/01/2011

I purchased my Saab 9-3 2.2TID 3 years from a Saab dealer and part exchange a CLK 320 that was 8 years old. I have to say I would never buy another saab again. I have had nothing but problems with it, cooler system needing replacing cost £700 endless banging noises when turning the wheel that the dealer could never fix and said "just part of the car you have to accept" management light always coming on and going into limp mode, new clutch, elec window failing to open. The car looked fab and… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/06/2011

Couldnt agree more, I have a vector sport that has been a moneypit, poor build quality, Eng Mgmt light on constantly, clutch replaced as well as intercooler, love the shape of the Saab 93 but would never buy Saab again, no surprise they are now on a cliff edge!

Written on: 10/11/2011

You was so stupid, my saab cost 10000 EUR before 2 years, during this summer one wife had me broke, and price of repair was calculated to 5150 EUR, what assuraring company had pay me. I have bought parts from British model in color I have, so I just change parrts. Total cost of repair 2500 EUR. So with payment for second car I get 5656 EUR. RESULT NETTO 3156 EUR in two week in cash. The car has at the moment price 6000 EUR + 3156 EUR = 9156 EUR.
After 2 years of using (30 000 km) I have lost 844 EUR. Who will give you car for 2 years of using and 30 000 km just for 844 EUR? This car ist best solution if you know how to manage it.

Written on: 25/07/2011

We agree completely! Had a 98 9-3 for 14 years, very few problems. Decided to replace with newer 9-3(04)2.2 Vector (1 owner,FSH,73K). Worst move possible. First week saw replaced EGR valve and intercooler! £1300 later thought we were Ok but 1 week on Injection pump failure! Quote of £3000+ repair, time to call it a day and we only managed to get 210 milesworth of use.Managed to trade it in for a new Kia and hoping for some reliability. Still love Saab style but would never buy another.

“I've owned mine for 4 years (18 months old with 23,000...”

Written on: 20/10/2010

I've owned mine for 4 years (18 months old with 23,000 miles when I bought it) and for probably 3 years of that the check engine light has been on for one reason or another. Having said that I grew to ignore it and made no difference to how it performed. It's now done 155k and feels as good as the day I bought it (it never really felt like a quality car) but I still hate that cheap interior and noisy engine (it's still better than a 1.9tdi in an Audi A3). Had a new intercooler and a couple of… Read Full Review

“Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD is a very good...”

Written on: 07/09/2009

Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD is a very good all round good value for money. Bit sore on the pocket to tax and insure… Read Full Review

“Good buy - my last 3 cars were BMW's one of which was...”

Written on: 31/08/2007 by datco (4 reviews written)

Good buy - my last 3 cars were BMW's one of which was great and two of which were dogs - my last 5 series spent more time in the repair shop than on the road - so having a reliable car is great… Read Full Review

“Fantastic on the whole. A pleasure to drive. Extremely...”

Written on: 25/10/2006 by adburn (1 review written)

Fantastic on the whole. A pleasure to drive. Extremely comfortable with the sports seats. Diesel engine is quite noisy, but not too bad. On the whole, the Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD is a stylish vehicle with a good pedigree. Shame about the interior matt black coatings for buttons, handles etc., as it seems to wear off to white so easily… Read Full Review

“It is well built, well equipped, has good looks (mine...”

Written on: 16/10/2006 by monkey41 (1 review written)

It is well built, well equipped, has good looks (mine is in metallic grey), and it offers good performance.

My Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD has never broken down as such. Half power has been quite common. It's been in and out of the dealer because of the 'check engine' warning light being on more than off for all sorts of reasons. The dealer was superb though (Beechwood SAAB, Derby, UK)… Read Full Review

“I chose the Saab 9-3 Sport over another BMW and am...”

Written on: 22/02/2006 by gloriousgravitons (1 review written)

I chose the Saab 9-3 Sport over another BMW and am very happy with the choice I made. I've had this car over 2 years without any problems whatsoever. It is the most comfortable car I have ever sat in and long drives are a breeze. This is probably the safest car in it's class, and this was a factor in buying it as well as value for money and comfort.

I have no squeaks or rattles that some reviews here have mentioned. My warranty is up at the end of this month and I took it in and had a couple… Read Full Review

“I`ve had my Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD...”

Written on: 27/01/2005 by Shewie (1 review written)

I`ve had my Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD family car for 14 months now during which time I`ve clocked up only 34K and it`s slowly day by day turned itself into a rattling tired shell.
Each day I drive it I wish I`d gone for a Vectra and saved myself £1,000s because that`s basically what it is (and feels like!)
The interior has become tired and shabby and I`ve lost count of the number of rattles and squeaks that have begun to breed in there.
Performance has dwindled & fuel consumption is… Read Full Review

“The Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD family car...”

Written on: 17/09/2004 by Jim Hanna (2 reviews written)

The Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD family car with its body kit,lowered suspension and 17" alloys looks stunning; washed and polished on a Sunday evening with the sun setting ready for the week ahead. The sporty 1/2 leather interior is without question the most desirable of any vehicle in its class and gets admiring glances from all who ride in her.
Unfortunately this is where the plaudits end. From a styling and design perspective Saab have definitely got this car right. From an… Read Full Review

179409_Sb1Uk's Response to Jim Hanna's Review

Written on: 11/12/2004

The 2.2 engine in the Saab is the Vauxhall engine the 2.0 dti and 2.2 dti. Very sluggish on pull away and serious starting problems. GM have just purchased Fiat and thats why vauxhall are also fitting the Fiat engine to there cars and vans. 1.9cdti. I just wish that Vauxhall and GM would admit to the 2.0 Di -Dti And 2.2 DTi Engine having serious falts but they won't.

Secularian's Response to Jim Hanna's Review

Written on: 06/01/2009

I agree with this review because Jim is right on the money. I share all Jim's concerns as a once owner of a Vector 2.2. <br/>In summary....smart looking, but ill fitting car!

Marty1888's Response to Jim Hanna's Review

Written on: 24/04/2006

Find engine noisy, but performance easily equal of VW 1.9 tdi (have driven both). Cabin excellent with great equipment. Ride comfortable with great seats. Twitchy cornering. Previous reviews unfair.

“My Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD car provides a...”

Written on: 28/01/2004 by marknicholls (1 review written)

My Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD car provides a very relaxed and safe environment. There is plenty of mid-range grunt for overtaking or just simply getting out of the way of others. The mid-range is on a par with the 250bhp Aero petrol version.
Handles brilliantly, seats hold and support extremely well - in fact they are the best seats I've used (beating the Peugeot 306 HDi which are very comfortable over all day driving)… Read Full Review

“Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD. ”

Written on: 04/11/2003 by danrcsmith (2 reviews written)

Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon Vector 2.2 TiD.

When the car was brought round onto the front forecourt of the garage, I thought it looked just right. The styling of the the new 9-3 Sport saloon is 'spot on'

Very aggressive from all angles, with it's pointed nose and deep chin, it's deep sides with high shoulders, well sculptured rear and finished off with a set of snazzy 17" 5 spoke alloys.

First impressions inside the car were, typical Saab lay out, typical Saab switches, typical Saab gauges, typical… Read Full Review