Princess Cruises, Golden Princess Caribbean Cruise Reviews

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Media Gallery for Princess Cruises, Golden Princess Caribbean Cruise

Princess Cruises, Golden Princess Caribbean Cruise

“We paid £500 extra for an upgrade to an outside cabin,...”

Written on: 14/01/2010

We paid £500 extra for an upgrade to an outside cabin, we got an outside cabin right on top of the stablezers. when the weather was rough it was a nightmare, the noise was so bad it was impossible to sleep,the whole cabin shook even the table lamps where shaking uncontrolaby, when I complained they said they didn't have another room for us to go to.LIE our friends got moved imediately when they put a written complaint in.We got moved after a week and eventually had a peaceful night.Never go in… Read Full Review

“We enjoyed the cruise overall and were satisfied. ...”

Written on: 01/12/2008 by rreed (1 review written)

We enjoyed the cruise overall and were satisfied. This was only our second cruise.
Check your bill a day or two before the end of the cruise. A fellow passenger alerted me as he had found errors and sure enough there was a charge I had not made. It was corrected easily enough.
My wife likes to sing karaoke and she and some audience members were disappointed that the hosts did not count all of the votes for the contests to qualify for a talent show. I do not think they could have counted any… Read Full Review

“The tours in Alaska are quite pricey. The ports of...”

Written on: 04/10/2008 by zoey1 (1 review written)

The tours in Alaska are quite pricey. The ports of call were nice but you were not given much time at all in Victoria, Canada. We had our farewell dinner on a Thursday night instead of the last night out because of arriving so late in Victoria. I found this cruise on the Golden Princess to be quite boring and am sure I would not ever go on Princess Cruises again. Six of us went and one couple bought the transfer package as all of us did and was not able to print it out before leaving home… Read Full Review

“Been on this ship the Golden Princess 4 times going...”

Written on: 24/10/2008

Been on this ship the Golden Princess 4 times going again in 2 weeks time to Hawaii cant wait. Would recommend for all ages Food is Amazing :D… Read Full Review

“Having read some previous reviews about the Golden...”

Written on: 05/09/2006 by Big Joe (1 review written)

Having read some previous reviews about the Golden Princess cruise prior to traveling, I did expect Princess to be more aggressive at promoting additional on-board spend. To be fair, the on-board activity was no better or worse than say Holland America or P&O.

Some attention does need to be paid to the Eastern Bloc Catering Crew members, particularly in-service training. The cruise was of course aimed at the American market, although there were over 400 Brits on board.

The worst area was the… Read Full Review

“I loved the the Golden Princess, definitely my...”

Written on: 07/09/2008 by chair (1 review written)

I loved the the Golden Princess, definitely my favourite Princess ship. I love that it has a glass roof that it can close over the top of one of the pools if it rains, something the sea princess doesn't have but needs. The ship was spotless, great shops on board. We felt totally looked after by our cabin steward, room service was fantastic. Plenty of sun loungers. Just the right amount of kids on board, not too many but just enough for my kids to play with. There are no slides into the… Read Full Review

“We boarded in 15 minutos, in Los Angeles Port....”

Written on: 14/05/2008

We boarded in 15 minutos, in Los Angeles Port. Stateroom, Inside, at first sight it was claustrophobic, but in less than 30 minutes you get used to it and our steward was the best. Food, was good but not great, its not like it used to be, normal to regular.
Service, its amazing, in all areas, always with a smile. Princess its reliable for it service, I will do it again… Read Full Review

“I had the worst vacation ever on this cruise line. I...”

Written on: 09/01/2007 by geemilz (1 review written)

I had the worst vacation ever on this cruise line. I was charged almost $1,000 due to flight times changing and having to scramble for any remaining flight to the port. I was then told by the 0800 line to, leave the luggage at the airport, because there wasn't enough time to collect them and Princess will make sure they arrive at the ship. When I arrived at the ship, there was still over an hour to spare when leaving the dock and my luggage never arrived for the entire week, though I was… Read Full Review

Jp20's Response to geemilz's Review

Written on: 09/02/2007

Just wondering if you bought the flights through Princess Cruises? Because if you didn't, then it wouldn't have been their fault. I'm planning a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale, which is coming up soon, and I did not purchase a flight through Princess, and it happens to be the same carrier as you had. Sure enough, I checked online and they changed the flight to a red eye instead of a morning flight, so we changed our tickets for the day before, and we will arrive in Ft Lauderdale the morning before our cruise. If I didn't keep checking online we would have arrived the day after the cruise left port. The Internet is available, so people keep checking the times of your tickets! We were never notified either!!

Geemilz's Response to geemilz's Review

Written on: 09/02/2007

Unfortunately it was through the cruise line, so I had blind faith. You were wise to keep checking. Enjoy your trip, and if they tell you that they'll take care of the bags, be cautious!

“This Princess Cruises, Golden Princess was my second...”

Written on: 22/02/2006 by Terri B (1 review written)

This Princess Cruises, Golden Princess was my second and Dan's first. I had to practically beg Dan to go on this cruise. Princess was everything we expected and more. The crew made us feel like royalty and very comfortable.

Arrival in Florida - We stayed at the Ramada Inn -- word to the wise - DON'T - Very dirty, doors didn't lock; only a trickle of water for our shower, beds smelled, were horrible. Food was expensive and awful. The morning of the cruise, we took a hotel shuttle to the… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I would like to tell other possible cruise passengers...”

Written on: 20/08/2004 by quickfingers (1 review written)

I would like to tell other possible cruise passengers about the experience my family and I had on our recent cruise on the Golden Princess.

Once we got on the cruise, we were bombarded by people trying to sell us an unlimited amount of soda for $22.50. I was under the impression the soda, about a six cent cost to the cruise line (all from the fountain), was included in the cost of the cruise. The cost of a soda was not included.

When we check into our room, my family met our cabin… Read Full Review

Brianb's Response to quickfingers's Review

Written on: 06/11/2004

I have travelled around the Caribbean with Princess Cruises on a sister ship to the Golden. My first thoughts are that your main problems were with under age drinking, and your own kids being allowed access to alcohol. Firstly kids are the parents responsibility not Princess's, if you want to allow your 16 year old into an adult disco and drink then that's up to you. If they can behave responsibly where's the problem.
<br>As for drunken kids falling off a balcony, this sounds like something that has happened in a stateroom, and yes people do bring their own drink onboard despite Princess's efforts. So again this sounds like the parents fault.
<br>As for paying for sodas, it is clearly stated in the brochure that NO drinks other than in room tea and coffee are included. As for being bombarded with offers of paying for unlimited sodas on day one, when else would you want to be told about this (day 7??). $22.50 for the whole weeks drinks for the kids, bargain!!!
<br>I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your first cruise, we had a ball on ours and are about to go on our second on the Golden Princess, so I'll follow up with a first hand review (you never know I may have to eat my words, but I doubt it).

Dog1's Response to quickfingers's Review

Written on: 05/03/2006

My advice: educate yourself before you pay. Know what you should be getting. Go to www.cruisecritic.com for information you could have found out before going.
Babysit and take responsibility for YOUR kids/teens. Tell YOURS not to go in the bars. I don't want to pay more because YOU need babysitters/ship police when YOUR kids are somewhere they shouldn't be.