Thomson Cruises, Emerald Reviews

Thomson Cruises, Emerald - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Thomson Cruises, Emerald

Thomson Cruises, Emerald
Thomson Cruises, Emerald

“I just came home yesterday from the cruise and I'm...”

Written on: 09/08/2008

I just came home yesterday from the cruise and I'm really missing it. I had such a fabulous time the staff where amazing and so friendly. The entertainment crew where out of this world the shows at night where just wow and boy they can sing. Cabins where very nice and very well looked after. The food was also amazing. To be honest there is not one thing I could say that was bad about this ship, staff or the cruise. I would just love to say thanks you for such a wonderful holiday and that I'm… Read Full Review

“The food was good but not as good as other cruise...”

Written on: 31/03/2008

The food was good but not as good as other cruise lines and it was a good choice and selection of port of call. Would not cruise Thomson again the crew were not very friendly and the cabins and public areas were dirty and cramped. Average holiday. The ship is small and old and smells of oil. The gangway is high. The theater troop were terrible and could not sing… Read Full Review

“All staff from the entertainments team, right through...”

Written on: 07/08/2007 by clarek (1 review written)

All staff from the entertainments team, right through to the housekeeping were first class. Nothing was any trouble and they always went out of their way to make you feel special. Kids where spoiled rotten!

All in all, it was the holiday I hoped for and more. It was meant to be a holiday of a lifetime and it certainly exceeded my expectations. I will certainly be booking Thomson cruises in future… Read Full Review

“Staff could not be bothered with clients on ship,...”

Written on: 30/05/2007 by MikeMunt (1 review written)

Staff could not be bothered with clients on ship, regardless of how old or infirm they happened to be. Attention to customers needs would have to be looked into. We ended up being transferred to another cabin and when I asked the tour director on board, was it noisy he said, not at all, it turned out to be beside the engine.
Now if you love a holiday in Santa Ponza, the Emerald would probably suit you just fine, if you are used to anything nicer, take my advise and stay away from Thomson… Read Full Review

“The Pearls of the Aegean Thomson Emerald cruise was...”

Written on: 28/06/2006 by Sheila Barker (1 review written)

The Pearls of the Aegean Thomson Emerald cruise was our second cruise. The last one being on the Island Escape, which we really did enjoy. Although the Island Escape was a bigger and newer ship, the Emerald made up for it with the entertainment, staff, crew and the wonderful food (my friends and I have all put on weight). Well done Thomson!!… Read Full Review

“We went on the last Thomson Emerald cruise of the year ”

Written on: 02/01/2006 by iain888 (1 review written)

We went on the last Thomson Emerald cruise of the year
Some staff were rude and couldn't be bothered. The food was not up to scratch as they were running out of supplies, we even had to beg to get more pillows to sleep with… Read Full Review

“A Super Anniversary Occasion aboard the Emerald. Back...”

Written on: 16/09/2005 by Bob Paylor (1 review written)

A Super Anniversary Occasion aboard the Emerald. Back on Thomson Cruises Ancient Wonders,Roll on October !!… Read Full Review

Kimber's Response to Bob Paylor's Review

Written on: 06/01/2006

Bob
We must have been on the same trip - Lebanon & Libya. Did you enjoy it, I certainly found that Beirut (and Ballbeck) were fantastic and the areas so friendly. Libya I was a bit worried about but apart from not being quite ready for tourists yet I found the war graves in Tobruk so well looked after and also enjoyed the friendliness of the locals - I think if some of them had waved anymore their arms would have got very tired. Apart from the no alcohol on board ship problem which occurred another wonderful trip on board. The crew dealt very well with what happened - we were okay as we knew that Ramadan was going on and also that Libya was a strict "no alcohol" country but think that Thomsons could have calmed the situation a little easier if they had found this out beforehand - by the by another brilliant cruise. We are back again in May 06 and can't wait

Bob Paylor's Response to Bob Paylor's Review

Written on: 09/01/2006

Yes it was a really enjoyable cruise. Our Highlights were The Egyptian trips to the Giza Pyramids and the Excursion to El Alamein. The old Emeralds did us proud again.

“My husband and I have travelled on the Emerald 8 times...”

Written on: 18/01/2005 by kimber (1 review written)

My husband and I have travelled on the Emerald 8 times now - from our honeymoon in 1999 up to present day (travelling again hopefully in May 2005 but definately in Oct (Ancient Wonders)). We have always found the staff extremely friendly and even from our first visit in 1999 to our 2nd in 2001 we found that the staff recognised us.

We love travelling on the Emerald so much that even our respective mothers, my sister in law and her friend have joined us - they too want to travel again… Read Full Review

“Emerald is a small (by supercruise standards) ship,...”

Written on: 17/09/2004 by Warlock787 (3 reviews written)

Emerald is a small (by supercruise standards) ship, extremely well run, with excellent facilities, looked after by friendly efficient staff combined with very good food, excellent onboard entertainment and very reasonably priced drinks to give the happy vacationer pretty well everything one could want in a cruise… Read Full Review

“The Emerald is a charming ship on the small side by...”

Written on: 01/09/2004 by mpowellmp (1 review written)

The Emerald is a charming ship on the small side by modern cruise ships. Not really designed for children.
Entertainment very good indeed, but I think could go one better by "mixing" the Regency entertainers and Monte Carlo Bar entertainers more, done on the final night to great effect.

To some people the comparison to the larger modern ships will not be favourable. But the human scale of this ship and the ease with which you could mix with others because of this weighed heavily in its favour… Read Full Review

Iain888's Response to mpowellmp's Review

Written on: 02/01/2006

we have been on this ship twice now and thie last time were left very upset by the goings on.