Sony VAIO PCG FX205K Reviews

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Sony VAIO PCG FX205K - Ask a question now

Sony VAIO PCG FX205K

“I too wish to counter the bad reviews. I have had my...”

Written on: 13/03/2007 by Impudicus (1 review written)

I too wish to counter the bad reviews. I have had my Sony for over five years, using it in some of the worst industrial environments you can imagine, and it has NEVER let me down. How I wish they made cars that were so reliable. OK so time and technology marches on and it is now slow in comparison with current laptops but it does the job I want it for.
The designers of modern laptops appear to have deserted the field of engineering, sacrificing integrated ports in order to attract gamers and… Read Full Review

Sony VAIO PCG FX205K

“Had to counter the bad reviews of this Sony Vaio PCG...”

Written on: 26/05/2006 by bobcheer (1 review written)

Had to counter the bad reviews of this Sony Vaio PCG FX205K model. I bought it in Belfast in '01 whilst on a job. I'm a telecom engineer and have used it ever since as a portable pc, pabx terminal, you name it. Needs a new battery and another memory upgrade. Otherwise still as good as new. And it gets dragged all over the world with me!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Sony VAIO PCG FX205K

“Don't ever buy a Sony Vaio!! My PCG FX205K broke about...”

Written on: 06/01/2004 by ghl65 (1 review written)

Don't ever buy a Sony Vaio!! My PCG FX205K broke about a month after the warranty ran out and it cost me $900 to repair and I have to put up with a second hand motherboard because the repair guys can't find one. Then one day, out of no where, all my icons of the disk drives disappeared and now it's going to cost another $250. I am definitely buying another laptop soon. No more Sony!… Read Full Review

Sony VAIO PCG FX205K

“My Sony Vaio PCG FX205K notebook was worn out after 8...”

Written on: 17/11/2002 by Bash. (1 review written)

My Sony Vaio PCG FX205K notebook was worn out after 8 months when sent back to Sony. Replacement received back. Quoted 2-3 weeks turnaround from Sony. Actual time 6 weeks turnaround. Poorly put together, support from manufacturers extremely poor. First and last machine we as a company will buy. Down time in our sales environment is not an option. Ah well we all live and learn.

You have been warned

Regards

Bash… Read Full Review

67783_Denis.'s Response to 51593_Bash.'s Review

Written on: 24/01/2003

Sorry I can't agree with your review regarding the vaio PCG FX205K. I've used mine every day for over 18 months with no problems despite the arduous conditions it has to endure in both the off and on shore oil and gas industry.
I have colleagues who continually complain about other well known brand computers that won't stand up to this tough environment, they are surprised at the vaio PCG FX205K durability.
I personally recommend the PCG FX205K for it's reliability and durability.
Regarding repair/replacement, I must agree that the turn around was unacceptable.
Denis

118426_Bogman.'s Response to 51593_Bash.'s Review

Written on: 24/07/2003

Sony Vaios are the biggest pieces of rubbish. Mine was 2 months out of warranty when it decided it wouldn't turn on one day. The Support Team at Sony were a bunch of asses and it was going to cost almost $800 to get it repaired. it's been two months for me trying to find a replacement motherboard and I'm about to just sell the piece of junk for parts.
<br>
<br>I will never in my life buy another sony product. Everything that they have been making for the past few years is junk. Every sony product I've ever owned has died shortly after warranty. I don't know why I thought a laptop would be different.
<br>
<br>The few other people that I know with sony vaios have had nothing but problems too.

87310_Bill Gates.'s Response to 51593_Bash.'s Review

Written on: 08/04/2003

I agree with you Bash, but unfortunatley thats how we make money in IT.- Bill Gates