Senegence LipSense All Day Lip Color Reviews

• Ease of Removal

Senegence LipSense All Day Lip Color - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Senegence LipSense All Day Lip Color

“Waste of money”

Written on: 11/05/2017 by wpbchris (1 review written)

I purchased a color and a gloss and have tried for two weeks to get it to work for me -- multiple thin coats, drying time, constant reapplication of gloss. The color lasts for 2-4 hours, not long-lasting, and not better than another product...especially at the price of $50 for the gloss and color. After four hours, I'm left with a stain around the outer edge of my lips so it looks like I'm wearing lip liner. Complete waste of money… Read Full Review

“Not worth the money”

Written on: 08/05/2017 by Leannay431 (1 review written)

I thought it was great at first-however it changed rapidly. It wears off after 4 hrs at best. I have two colors and neither of them last all day. The real down side is they DRY your lips horridly. The lip gloss makes the color come off faster. At first I recommended this to everyone I knew I wish I hadn't. As it wears off it makes you look like you are wearing lip liner and no lipstick. If you reapply it looks very gross. You have to take it all off and start over. It is not worth the… Read Full Review

“Burns on application”

Written on: 01/05/2017 by Lewisqx302 (1 review written)

Only tried a tiny sample when I purchased it and first time applied, it burned like crazy… Read Full Review

“Fabulous colours n concept but BURNS like heck --...”

Written on: 21/04/2017 by LouLouLou33 (1 review written)

I sooo love the idea of this product. The LipSense colour range is phenomenal! (though this has just been reduced from 70+ to 36 colours and some of my favourite colours have now been discontinued sadly). The glossy gloss feels incredible. The lip colour burned like anything as I applied it, from the very first use - which I mistakenly thought was due to having just rubbed off my regular Long Stay lip colour with the cleansing wipes provided at the demo night. I went ahead and bought a… Read Full Review

Kimwilkins15's Response to LouLouLou33's Review

Written on: 24/04/2017

It burned my lips so bad as well :( A rep gave me some to try and now I feel bad that I can help her promote it or use it. Looks pretty, but hurts so much.

Louloulou33's reply to Kimwilkins15's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2017

Ok - update. I think all my rubbing to get the colour off using Neutrogena wipes on my first day certainly made matters worse . I signed up as a distributor, so bought about 10 trial colours to start. and tried out all the colours, and a few combinations - over about 2 hours. I didn't use the Oops Remover at first for removing whole lip colour - just as an occasional corrector if I slipped a little. I thought I could use the Neutrogena Wipes or I have a fab Clinique Make Up Remover which works on my other long stay lip colours. But nope - doesn't work with Lipsense. So I tried using the Oops Remover and I love it! You just leave it sitting on your lips for about 5 seconds and then gently wipe/rub it off with a warm wet cotton pad - and voila! It tastes GORGEOUS!! and is very soothing.

After talking about the blisters with the person I signed under, she encouraged me to use JUST the glossy gloss until they healed - each night and during the day when I could. I must say I looooove the Glossy Gloss! She said she'd had two ladies blister at first, and when they let it heal using glossy gloss and/or the Senegence Lip Balm, they were fine when they tried again.

So I did that, and I'm thrilled to say that I can now wear the colours without any problems! They did flake/peel for 2 days.

I no longer 'burn' when I apply the colour - and I am notoriously sensitive to so many things. It does ever so slightly sting with some colours, but I barely notice it now - and it's getting less each day (3 days now). Some colours still taste pretty yuk though. I notice that more when I'm playing with a new colour combo at night time.

I'm having so much fun with the colours now! So thrilled that I persevered!

Louloulou33's Response to LouLouLou33's Review

Written on: 02/05/2017

See my Update below Kimwilkins15's comment. I am now LOVING using LipSense, totally loving the Glossy Gloss and Opal Gloss, and using the Oops! Remover for removing lip colour at the end of the day - which is DIVINE!!

I'm now a total convert. Some colours don't last all day though like my Rimmel Provocalips did, but with a new slick of Glossy Gloss it still looks lovely - just sometimes comes off a little around my water line (inside of lips) by the end of the day.

“Nothing Special”

Written on: 13/04/2017

It's average at best. It does NOT stay on all day and you do not have to have the special "Oops" remover to remove it. It will come off with a normal makeup remover pad or whatever you may use. It stays on good for about 4 hours then you will notice it starts coming off on the bottom of your lips leaving you looking like you have a lip liner on. It is not worth the amount of money you spend on it, PLUS the gloss they sell to seal it with. I'll not be buying anymore… Read Full Review

“Taste”

Written on: 05/04/2017 by Webersl442 (1 review written)

Love the color but it tastes awful. It stayed on my hand from the sampling for 12 hours. On my lips with gloss only lasts 4 hours… Read Full Review

“High hopes but nope!”

Written on: 02/04/2017 by SueQT (1 review written)

I had high hopes for this product. I spent over 50 bucks for the Sheer Berry and gloss. It burned like crazy and I thought it would go away (that's supposed to be exfoliation??), and, it did stay on my lips forever and I really liked that but if I use it everyday, I get a blister that goes away when I stop using it. Happened twice so I think perhaps my lips are too sensitive for this product. I don't tho l this is a good product for people with sensitive skin. For this reason I would not… Read Full Review

Louloulou33's Response to SueQT's Review

Written on: 21/04/2017

I had exactly the same experience. So soo disappointed as I otherwise totally love this product! The colour range is incredible, with some absolutely gorgeous colours - though they've just cut the number of colours down from 70+ to 36 colours - and sadly some of my absolute favourite colours have now disappeared.

I love the fun of layering to create your own custom colours and the lip gloss (glossy gloss) is incredible! Loveliest lip gloss I've ever used. But I too developed blisters after the first few days of using this. The lip colour burns like heck for about 5 seconds when I first apply it. It was mild burning at the demo night - which I thought might have been due to the cleanser wipes I used on the night to remover my regular long stay lipstick. The burning has become increasingly more intense and is now almost unbearable. My top and bottom lip are now badly blistered and very raw and sore and stinging. I'm pretty bummed as I was so excited about this product and in every other way I absolutely love it!

I too have sensitive skin, though I've not ever had a reaction to lipstick or lip colour before.

“LipSense is not for women over 50”

Written on: 25/03/2017 by MelanyLewis-Alt (1 review written)

Although the product looks lovely on younger women, all it did for me (63 years old) is burn my lips. I really was hoping that the product would work for me, but after months of researching, nothing has worked and my lips are cracked and peeling. I have never had an issue with my lips chapping until I used this product. I wish they could develop an alcohol free base. $300 out the door… Read Full Review

Louloulou33's Comment

Written on: 21/04/2017

I had the same - the colour burned like heck! Gorgeous colours and fabulous concept, but I too wish they'd develop the same without the alcohol - or somehow tone the alcohol right down so it isn't so intense. Really disappointed about an otherwise fabulous product and concept.

“Lipsense is definitely NOT worth all the hype! I, too,...”

Written on: 23/03/2017 by 425Pritchard (1 review written)

Lipsense is definitely NOT worth all the hype! I, too, find that it is very drying. I tried it for a week and can honestly say that my lips haven't been this dry since I was a child. It has a horrible fragrance and taste to it, and the gloss is so sticky! I made sure I never gave my husband a kiss after applying because I know what he would say - what is that stuff on your lips? After needing to reapply the gloss every couple hours - OR MORE - to attempt not having dry lips, it felt like I… Read Full Review

“Flakes like crazy.”

Written on: 18/03/2017 by CrazyMomma61 (1 review written)

I soooo wanted to love Lipsense but no matter what I do or how I wear it, it quickly begins to flake off and the gloss doesn't stop this. It's very drying and shows every line or wrinkle in your lips. I'm sticking with my MK and Revlon favorites. The stuff tastes awful too… Read Full Review

Louloulou33's Response to CrazyMomma61's Review

Written on: 21/04/2017

I notice you rated ease of removal as 5 stars. How the heck did you remove it?? Even with the Oops! Remover I couldn't get it off without rubbing and further hurting my now burned and blistered lips.

“Do not sell for this company”

Written on: 16/03/2017 by Humphrey401 (1 review written)

This company is a joke. You can't order any product nothing is ever in stock then when you do finally order they oversell so someone doesn't get their order, then you have to fight tooth and nails to get a refund. 100% satisfaction guarantee my a$$. You earn fast start but it takes 6 months before you see the benefits from it. Not worth the time and effort. Worst company ever. Oh and calling customer service for help is even a bigger joke as no one has any info to answer any questions… Read Full Review

“Blistering on outside and inside after week of use.”

Written on: 08/02/2017

I purchased with great enthusiasm, but after a week of use, I've had to discontinue. My upper lip broke out in blisters on the outside and inside. The lip is swollen even after discontinuing for one week. My lips felt very dry and stiff as well, even though I applied the gloss several times a day. I read other reviews with similar or more severe reactions. One review listed ingredients used in the product...scary. The product did stay on, but after reading about the ingredients, I am highly… Read Full Review

“Damaged my lips”

Written on: 21/01/2017

I used lipsense for a couple of weeks and my lips became horribly chapped and peeled. The color didn't last like it was said to, and the gloss was sticky and not moisturizing. After about a week or so my lips began to feel like they were developing scabs. Each time I applied the color it burned a little more than the previous time. The lipsense rep that sold it to me gave me the bs sales pitch that it was just the product breaking through layers of wax buildup, etc etc. So fast forward to… Read Full Review

“This product is full of garbage and severely ruined my...”

Written on: 05/01/2017 by molliemclellan (1 review written)

I recently used lipsense. I feel like this product is misleading. I used it the first day and was horrified by the smell after applying my lips felt like they were burning even after gloss. After a while I had to take it off because of this. My lips were so dry ...sooo dry even when applying the gloss throughout the day which felt like I was applying nothing. After speaking to the sales rep I was told drying, peeling, etc was all normal but when explaining the burning and severe skin irritation… Read Full Review

Lipsticklover's Response to molliemclellan's Review

Written on: 11/01/2017

Sorry you hadn't a bad reaction, but just because it didn't work for you, doesn't mean it is full of garbage. It just means it's not for you. Kind of like me coming to your house for dinner and not liking what you served, does t mean you're a bad cook, just means it was not for me.

Molliemclellan's reply to Lipsticklover's Comment

Written on: 11/01/2017

I would not write a bad review if I did not have a severe reaction, which you do not seem to care by giving an analogy of not liking what you cooked for dinner. It is a bit of a stretch in this instance. My lips are still healing and I have a dermatologist telling me the ingredients are clearly the reason for the blisters, which is a chemical burn.

First ingredient, denatured alcohol. A ethanol that has additives to make it poisonous and foul smelling. Used as a solvent as fuel for alcohol burners. Found in acetone & nail polish remover.
Next ingredient acrylate polymer, which is a plastic preservative found in nail polish and adhesive.
Fatty alcohol ... yet another alcohol, if it wasn't drying enough.
Hyaluronate sodium, ask doctor before using, stated because of reactions.
My favorite Butylene glycol, colorless petroleum plastic product. Found in antifreeze, acetone, chloroform, & heavy duty degreasers. Said to be powerful enough to dissolve through stainless steel. Must wear gloves, goggles, & protective clothing to prevent exposure to skin & eyes...

The smell alone was enough for me to check the ingredients. Believe me most makeup has preservatives that you can't pronounce and don't know what they are till they are looked up. Which I had to after my doctor told me this. These ingredients are found in cleaners, antifreeze, nail polish, nail polish remover, which is extremely flammable.
No matter the amount, so the FDA approves this ... you are putting these ingredients on your lips. Your skin is absorbing it and possible ingesting, like all lipsticks around the water line.
I do not feel you should be putting a (lacquer like) nail polish on your mouth, sorry. I have only seen reps write down the good ingredients like shea butter for example and when people review or complain , which they do, it's because of the alcohol ...
Yes, I have seen people who use this and don't get a reaction but ingredients don't lie. I am not the first or the last that will have a reaction to these ingredients. I stand by statement.

Louloulou33's reply to Molliemclellan's Comment

Written on: 21/04/2017

I'm with you Mollie. My lips are red raw, burning and blistered after just a few days usage of Lipsense. I loved the product but did have the burning from the first application. I thought it was the make up removal cleanser the distributor had, which I used to remove my own long stay Rimmel lip colour. But each day I've used Lipsense since, the burning is more and more severe. The tip of my tongue and my throat right now are also slightly tingly/burning.

Therealreview's reply to Lipsticklover's Comment

Written on: 31/03/2017

This is the dismissive attitude she's talking about, I agree with her, it is garbage and the sales reps are too in most cases

Louloulou33's reply to Lipsticklover's Comment

Written on: 21/04/2017

I too have had a horrid reaction to this product - burning blistering lips even though the product has now not been on my lips for 24 hours. I can also taste a tingling sensation a little on my tongue and throat, so I guess I must have ingested a little. I too, like Mollie, have never before ever reacted to a lip colour or lipstick. I've been using long stay lipsticks for 15 years now - Lipfinity for ages until they discontinued my two favourite colours, and more recently I started using Rimmel Provocalips, which I love. I really loved the idea of LipSense - love the huge colour range (which sadly has just been halved) and especially love the idea of layering the colours to make your own favourites. I signed up as a rep and bought a whole bunch of colours, I loved it so much. Love the glossy gloss too. Buuuut, from the initial application it burned my lips, and this burning has over the last few days become increasingly more intense, and I now have blisters all over my top and bottom lips. That is not normal for so many people to have such a reaction. Read all the reviews on here - there are a LOT of people having the same kind of reactions. I last night read a post by a Senegence rep of 7 years who had been using Lipsense for 5-7 years I think she said, and she is now being treated for lip cancer. That is worrying. Sadly, after having bought a whole lot of colours as testers, as I was so excited about the product, I cannot now in full conscience sell this product to anybody. I wanted to send a colour to each of my nieces, but I would not be ok if they ended up with blisters like me, or worse - lip cancer down the track. Very very worrying, and your comments do not take into account the ingredients used in the product, as Mollie has explained.

“BEST EVER REALLY STAYS ON”

Written on: 30/12/2016 by Sanchezob26 (1 review written)

I was introduced to this product at a party and was amazed. The next day went and found a consultant on line and contacted her. What a great person and received lots of help on finding the correct shade for me. I received the products within a day of her mailing out. The shades I choose look fabulous on and again, staying power wonderful. My lips look and feel great. Highly recommend this product… Read Full Review

“Best Ever!”

Written on: 27/10/2016 by 1993Rankin (1 review written)

If you follow the directions, this is amazing. I regularly get 12-14 hours of wear. Colors are fabulous and you can layer 3 colors to get 27 total looks. It is truly amazing. The gloss is what seals it. Your lips will be moisturized and stay gorgeous all day long--even the brighter and darker colors. There are 70 colors available and some are very similar so be sure to check out the color charts before you make your final decision. With as few as 5 colors you can make almost every combo… Read Full Review

“Ruined my lips”

Written on: 02/10/2016 by PiperBender (1 review written)

I kept using lipsense everyday for a a week and a half as told by the sales rep. My lips cracked and bled. I stopped using it. It has been over 2 wks and my lips are still in horrible condition. Very unsatisfied. I sleep in the gloss as I was told but it still did not help my situation at all. I mat need antibiotics for my lips BC they are severely damaged. I would not recommend this product to anyone; infect I would caution everyone not to use it. The sales rep I used was NOT helpful at all… Read Full Review

“100% False Adverting”

Written on: 04/09/2016 by Haynes326 (1 review written)

This is the biggest joke of a product. it stays on for maybe 3 hours and it dries up your lips worse than being at the lake all day. If your not applying gloss every 10 min it looks like garbage. Your better spending $10 for the grocery store color stain. … Read Full Review

“Really Works”

Written on: 25/08/2016 by Brynnb367 (1 review written)

I just started wearing lip sense and I was honestly shocked that it worked. The color really does last all day. You have to make sure you put it on right as instructed but it definitely stays all day. I keep it moist with the gloss because it can be a TINY bit drying but it is so worth it. I definitely recommend it… Read Full Review

“BEST EVER!”

Written on: 10/05/2016 by Sarahn45 (1 review written)

I have been wearing lipsense for over a year! My lips have never looked so good. They are soft and full. At first, my lips peeled and were dry. I had used so much chap stick that lipsense had to exfoliate my lips. I stuck with it and BOY am I EVER so glad. My lipsense stays on for over 12 hours! I'm so glad I tried it… Read Full Review