Cambridge Audio Diskmagic 1 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Cambridge Audio Diskmagic 1 - Ask a question now

Cambridge Audio Diskmagic 1

“I bought my Cambridge Audio Diskmagic from a jumble...”

Written on: 12/08/2005 by kate123456789 (1 review written)

I bought my Cambridge Audio Diskmagic from a jumble sale for fifty pence! It was very good and still is. Unfortunately it was a bit smelly!… Read Full Review

Cambridge Audio Diskmagic 1

“I bought my Cambridge Audio Diskmagic 1 very cheap, as...”

Written on: 19/01/2005 by rayl (1 review written)

I bought my Cambridge Audio Diskmagic 1 very cheap, as new old boxed stock when I was a manager for a hi-fi store, we had one lying about in the main warehouse. I wanted to try a transport with an XLR output as my arcam alpha five plus being used as a transport was getting tired and tetchy. The difference was quite remarkable, midrange particularly so female vocals really sharpened up and leapt right out of the mix at you. Timing and grip were, for the money spent terrific. If you are offered… Read Full Review

Cambridge Audio Diskmagic 1

“My Cambridge Audio Diskmagic 1 feeds an Arcam black...”

Written on: 15/01/2005 by rayl (1 review written)

My Cambridge Audio Diskmagic 1 feeds an Arcam black box 500 dac from the XLR output using a home made pure silver balanced XLR cable, and then through a rotel pre amp and on into a pair of bridged cambridge audio p500 power amps, then on to a pair of mass loaded Mordaunt Short MS 914 floor standing speakers with silver home made interconnects right through from dac to power amps. Just so you know.
As already mentioned, the XLR and Clock lock options make a Significant difference in detail and… Read Full Review

Cambridge Audio Diskmagic 1

“I use my Diskmagic 1 with a MUSICAL FIDELITY X-ACT...”

Written on: 11/10/2000 by SCHMIDINGER Georg. (1 review written)

I use my Diskmagic 1 with a MUSICAL FIDELITY X-ACT (DAC) via OEHLBACH NF! on a KENWOOD KA-5090R.
Clear sound and straight bass ist what describes it best. I'm sorry my Oehlbach NF1 is surely not the best cable for it, but it really is MUSIC !… Read Full Review

67839_Mick.'s Response to 575_SCHMIDINGER Georg.'s Review

Written on: 24/01/2003

Disc magic 1 excellent kit, only one blot on the land scape, the diplay can be difficult to read at any distance. Thats it buy with confidence.