Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 THX Reviews

Specification for Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 THX

Manufacturer: Klipsch
Features:
  • Maximizes audio signals from new 5.1 computer soundcards
  • Includes exclusive Klipsch MicroTractrix Horn tweeters that cleanly and accurately handle the high frequencies
  • Three-inch fiber-composite cone driver delivers smooth mid-bass reproduction
  • 500-watt BASH amplifier and Klipsch engineering offer high output with low distortion and effortless dynamic headroom
  • 25 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response range
  • Refine your search

Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 THX

“These speakers are notorious for the amp going bad,...”

Written on: 05/01/2009

These speakers are notorious for the amp going bad, some within days of purchase. Klipsch has discontinued them but I saw a new pair go for $400 on ebay the other day. Even after repair by Klipsch they often go bad again. Best to then get a seperate amp and drive them with it… Read Full Review

Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 THX

“After a year and a half of using these speakers, I am...”

Written on: 21/06/2003 by Jimmbbo. (1 review written)

After a year and a half of using these speakers, I am convinced they are one of the best computer "investments" I have made in 20 years of chasing computer technology with money. These speakers are nearly perfect for what they are intended to do.

The sound quality is clear and clean at all frequencies. I hear subtleties in familiar music that I have never heard before. They have excellent separation and sound imaging, and enough power to shake the walls in my 9 x 12 office. (I find them… Read Full Review

Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 THX

“Great Sounding speakers - but they have a known...”

Written on: 03/06/2003 by Smilin. (1 review written)

Great Sounding speakers - but they have a known problem. I'm working on getting my 3rd new set right now. Klipsch has apparently found the fix with some outside assistance but they hadn't solved the problem yet after my first set was returned. It's quite a random failure. I've stretched these speakers a few times but never turned them up loud enough to clip. Klipsch tech support will help you but don't expect speed. If you can confirm that you are recieving the "fixed" version of these… Read Full Review

Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 THX

“Guess I found out why these Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 THX's...”

Written on: 11/11/2002 by Grandpa. (1 review written)

Guess I found out why these Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 THX's have been the top rated speaker by almost every magazine for so long. I have a digital suround system for my home entertainment system and these speakers come pretty close to sounding as good… Read Full Review