Sharp Innova .22 Reviews

• Handling

Sharp Innova .22 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sharp Innova .22

Sharp Innova .22

“Had 2 sharp innova guns for the last 5 years.”

Written on: 13/05/2014 by Newtonii310 (1 review written)

I'm 32 years old and wanted a Sharp Innova ever since I was a kid. But when I got one from a local sellere here I have realized that it's not the same as it was 30 years ago.I had to replace the plastic receiver box(where the ammo goes in) to an aluminium one because mine got broken where the tube is glued in.But after that, it' working like charm and it has power like no other airguns.So if any of you guys want to buy a Sharp Innova, make sure it's older than me.Otherwise, DON'T buy it if it's… Read Full Review

“top of all air guns ”

Written on: 13/12/2012

im lucky i have two of them and one is up for sale looking for £300ono… Read Full Review

“sharp Innova is the best multi pump air rifle”

Written on: 31/10/2012

I have many experience with sharp innova air rifle. I think this air rifle very excelent. with only 5 pumps I can shoot dove at 50 meters. The power of this air rifle very good. Because sharp innova release all of the compresed air to push the pellet. for accuration, don't doubt about sharp innova accuration as i have told to you that we can shoot dove at 50 meters, that's very nice.I have tips for you, if you want get more accuration with sharp innova you can change the barrel with 60/65 cm… Read Full Review

“the best air rifle”

Written on: 17/08/2012

I have owned many air rifles over the past 50 years . The person who said that the innova was a (ferrari built by a toy manufacturer ) , got it right. I have had 3 innovas 1ace ,and still they cannot be beaten, for lightness , accuracy and self contained. It does not need a gas container to operate . 3 pumps for plinking 5 for serious shooting .magic .pity I waited 30 years for . the best air rifle… Read Full Review

“ I've Owned a early Sharpe Innova in 22 cal. for about...”

Written on: 26/02/2011

I've Owned a early Sharpe Innova in 22 cal. for about 12 years. It took 20 odd years to track mine on down, hard to find in the US. Finally Found one from original owner in the UK, young RAF pilot cleaning out his dads attic !!!. WAS very expensive, but was worth the wait. !!! By the time I finally found one they had become quite the collectors item, if not for the internet , I guess I never would have found my Sharpe. He diassembled it and shipped it in several small parcels. Included was a… Read Full Review

“i have had a sharp innover since i was ten ,32years...”

Written on: 03/01/2011 by jafrugby (1 review written)

i have had a sharp innover since i was ten ,32years ago ,it has alway been reliable and very accurate, head shooting rabbits from 30+ yds,but lately it regularly needs re zeroing even with a new scope, its never been serviced and wondering if anyone knows where to get it serviced. i live in west wales.fabulous rifle,wish they still made them… Read Full Review

Ronald Johnson's Response to jafrugby's Review

Written on: 31/03/2011

I had my Sharp serviced and repaired... good guy. Lawrie Armatruder. Specialises in pneumatic.

Ken Moran's Response to jafrugby's Review

Written on: 31/10/2011

I bought an old one yesterday and pulled it apart to check the seals. There is one seal in the front of the brass chamber that holds the air in. It had gone hard and wont seal anymore. I replaced it with an oring that fits inside the brass screw-in part inside the chamber.

Great to fire something wihout recoil!

“I have had mine about 10 years now , it took about 17...”

Written on: 27/07/2010

I have had mine about 10 years now , it took about 17 years to locate one . ANd then I had to ship it in from the UK to USA.

I owned Sheridans all my life and they qreat great value and powerful. But this old SHARP INNOVA made in JAPAN late 70 early 80's is the best overall and most accurate 22cal. rife ever made. It was designed by Japans most famous military arms maker after WWII . It is very deadly varment gun. Scary accurate , with recoil. Not cheap , as collectors and entusthiasts are… Read Full Review

“Have had my Sharp innova 22 for 35 years shot a mouse...”

Written on: 09/06/2010

Have had my Sharp innova 22 for 35 years shot a mouse the other night pellet went right through mouse and through fence panel never had seals changed not bad and its been well used… Read Full Review

“iam 53 years old and yes have tryed them all i moved...”

Written on: 07/05/2010

iam 53 years old and yes have tryed them all i moved to south africa in 1983 from uk along with my famlie etc including my 22 cal sharp inova what a pellet gun thay said ha ha thats a toy ha ha ha well me and the toy showed them that u can put ten out of ten shots in to a castle beer can on end at 45m… Read Full Review

“Have been varment hunting for 40 years. My favorite as...”

Written on: 31/12/2009

Have been varment hunting for 40 years. My favorite as a youth was the Sheridan 5mm Bluestreak. I Discovered the Sharp Innova in 1977 , but couldn't find one till 15 years latter. A nice RAF Pilot sold me his father's SHARP Innova with scope and shipped it to the USA . It was all I hoped and MORE. HANDS DOWN the best varment rife I ever used . What OTHER gun has ZERO kick and a SWEET trigger pull to boot. An it is POWERFUL ........I laugh at all the spring-air guns......the Sharpe will shoot… Read Full Review

“I am a new sharp innova owner and to be honest at...”

Written on: 25/11/2009

I am a new sharp innova owner and to be honest at first sight i thought it was gunna be another terrible excuse for air rifle, but when i picked it up and had a few shots it blew me away. i took it out for rabbits, every shot in the head as it is that light and easy to control, it is extremely accurate and unbelievebly quiet, the pump sometimes gets in the way if you have a lamp on or bipod but other than that, the best gun ive had… Read Full Review

“The Sharp Ace is a solid well built and very solid...”

Written on: 13/03/2009

The Sharp Ace is a solid well built and very solid piece of kit. It has a totally recoiless firing cycle which makes it as accurate as a pcp rifle. When you add a good quality scope to the gun it transforms the rifle into a seriously accurate hunter. Happy hunting folks, be responsible and look after our sport… Read Full Review

“My first rifle was a Sharp was the smaller bore...”

Written on: 11/03/2009

My first rifle was a Sharp was the smaller bore version. 10 Pumps max. Even with a cheap telescopic sight I could hit a Gum Nut from 30m. I used to shoot up to 500 round on a weekend. Only problem ever was the "O" rings used to break after about 6months… Read Full Review

Riszky's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2012

I have one sharp innova and one sharp ace. original made in Indonesia. I can shoot turtle dove with sharp innova or my sharp ace on 50 meters, only with 4 time pumping. In indonesia there are many Factory which produce multy pump air rifle. But I think the best air rifle in indonesia are produce by Indonesian sharp air gun.

“Sharp Innova .22 is an excellent gun , powerfull,...”

Written on: 14/02/2009

Sharp Innova .22 is an excellent gun , powerfull, light, accurate, maintainable, ouch! if you get a finger caught in the pump lever, i just sliced off a piece of my finger when i very stupidly held the barrel instead of the end piece and pumped... my fault, but a danger to be aware off, i was cold, tired, and didn't pay attention, BUT I WILL NEXT TIME.... So apart from maiming my self, here are some interesting modification detailes.
i now have a gun that pumps to seven..then blows. the… Read Full Review

Holdsy's Comment

Written on: 16/02/2009

i want to buy it

Jafrugby's Comment

Written on: 03/01/2011

I found this review helpful because...i had forgotten

Written on: 20/12/2010

Just an update, my finger has now repaired itself, and i am still firing away with six or seven pumps when requiring full power, or just three for 10meter target practice.I have probably fired about 2000 rounds since the mod, and she still works just as well and as accurately. i am looking for a 0.177 cal sharp innova as i would like a smaller caliber for longer range and then i can carry out "The Phase Two Mod" on one of the two guns. Gas power auto recharge with manual load. this will give me a gun with an rechargeable gas supply and no need to pump it up each time. by removing the pump lever and piston assembly and replacing with a gas canister under the barrel, the weight should not be increased too much. Auto prime with a gas valve that operates with each release of the loading stock, should make a fairly fast to reload gun that is one of the most powerful and accurate that money can buy. so someone please contact me and sell me another 0.22 or 0.177 sharp innoova or give me two sharps and i will modify them both and return one in exchange.

Tommyg29's Comment

Written on: 23/05/2013

I have a .177 sharp innova for sale. I stay in scotland and i can be contacted on oscargordon29@yahoo.co.uk if u r interested

Written on: 24/05/2013

OK A big update on the INNOVA and the new WEBLEY REBEL, and specially adapted silencers
First Webley do not make the new version but they distribute it under their name, it's also sold in Germany by another maker or rifles.
OK I have bought one of the new Rebels in 0.177 and have another on order in 0.22 cal.
I have done extensive testing and mods to this new rifle and here are some of the results.
First they are produced in Indonesia, possibly for a Chinese company, but many parts still carry the sharp name.
The build quality of the rebel is not as good as the Innova as they have taken to a few shortcuts, but made up for that with new styling and a smart plastic stock. Very good value for money and a highly accurate rifle. Worthy of a quality scope, I use a Hawke digital side winder and that makes one hell of a good setup.
The barrel is of good quality and that is very important.
The rifle started out over tight, the pump piston pushing too hard against the charge assy, and each pump resulting in a loud "CLACK" of the plastic pump lever against the pump tube. So the first job was to adjust the mechanism and reset the blow off valve level.
Here I notice the first shortcut.. they have used a simpler adjuster and instead of having an simple locknut to adjust the pressure on the blow off valve spring they have drilled through the threaded rod and pinned it with a blind pin. After making an extraction tool i made the adjustment and refitted the pin. you could also extend the thread and add a locknut.
Next the breech. The rebel uses a common breech made from plastic just as the innova did but with a pellet feed that will take either 0.177 or 0.22, only the barrel dia prevents a 0.22 being fired. The system for fixing and anchoring the pump barrel into the breech block is now only done by a shim wedge and a stud that located the compression chamber inside the pump tube. They no longer have a screw and nut fitted to push up against the pump tube and give a good seal between the pump tube and the feed to the barrel. Test yours by giving it just two pumps, hold your thumb over the end of the barrel and fire. ( without a pellet of course ) You will hear air escaping if the seal is bad.
I have drilled through the breech housing from side to side and fitted a brass ferrule that is pieced and threaded to take a brass screw and locknut that go through the breech ( also drilled through) and press against the metal shim, forcing it up against the housing and compressing the seal against the feed hole to the barrel. This has to be tightened before tightening the stud ( that is used to locate the charge chamber) or it will pull the chamber away from the seal.
Now to the chamber it's self. The new design uses most of the original parts of the innova but have done some crazy alterations. The internal tube that holds a spring and ball for a one way valve is longer to reduce the internal volume, it's possible to shorten it to increase volume but this will not increase power as there is enough stored air to expel a 0.177 pellet anyway. But they have added a plastic part that provides the seal for the firing pin in front of it !! totally the reverse of the innova design that have a seal inside the end of the chamber through which the firing pin goes. They have thus eliminated the use of the seal and the seal retainer that is a hard push fit on the innova. Once the firing pin is allowed to move during firing, the air can pass through the bypass to the barrel but also escape past the firing pin through the end of the chamber. Both the old and new chambers are exactly the same externally and internally but for these omissions. I have removed the plastic seal, and fitted a O ring and O ring retainer with parts I machined and rebuilt the chamber old style. Both systems work well but I doubt the new version unless modified will last forever as the innova system. Also the firing pin is machined to a slightly lesser quality and not polished like the chrome like finish of the innova ones.
The end plate that screws into the pump barrel that locates the position of the chamber is a slightly smaller diameter thread and uses a piece of steel rather than brass, the fit between the firing pin and this end plate are not as tight as the innova and the clearances is a path for escaping air with their new internal system. Once the cylinder is rebuilt with a O ring there is no escaping air and the looser fit is irrelevant or it would be if the firing plate on the trigger mechanism were machined better. Any twisting of the pump tube can cause the plate to push sideways on the firing pin and cause a partial loss of pressure in the chamber, This will vary from gun to gun and perhaps I just got a bad one but the problem is easily cured by removing the stock, ( held as before by one screw) and the trigger, the locating pins are very loose and will fall out if the rifle it tipped sideways with the stock removed. Pull out the firing trigger plate and file the slot width ways a millimeter either side to provide more clearance. Do not file up or down in the slot. reassemble and clean up the profile of the trigger for a smoother trigger action and readjust the pressure spring to your liking.
If you want to really do all the mods and " BLUEPRINT" the gun as I have, then you need to remove the barrel as well, twist and pull, remove the white bonding material, re-drill the transfer hole to increase air transfer, reassemble and refit the barrel with permanent locktite blue or equivalent.
Finally remove the silencer mount from the inside of the front assy ( it unscrews but you need a wide screwdriver or make a tool) and replace with a brass or aluminum replacement that is thicker internally. Mine broke off too easily.
All this modification was done to BLUEPRINT the Rebel and see if it could be as better than the old Innova, With these mode done the rifle is even better with the new styling and accuracy and power are there as before. The rebel as sold is still a very good rifle but those of you that know innovas will expect more and want it to last 20 years like the innova.
I was prompted to design and manufacture my own custom silencer for the rebel ( having seen some of the ridiculous designs using hair curlers and ether-foam) iI now have a dual caliber design so I can use the same one on 0.177 and 0.22. The silencers are hand made on a precision lathe and have a central vent tube with 36 ports and six internal baffles filled with a dense material that breathes ( OPEN CELL STRUCTURE ) and absorbs the high pressure pulse of air and releases it more slowly rather than trying to catch it in small chambers where the shock wave usually just bounces around. Now with all my shots, be they at two, three, or even six or more pumps the sound is a quiet PHEUUH rather than a crack as fired without the silencer. In fact shooting outdoors the sound of the pellet hitting a target at 30 meters is louder that the shot from the rifle!! Each one is serial numbered and anodized in black ( other colors will be available if requested) and with two different external body designs. One plain smooth tube "classic" design and one with a ribbed section at the front that gives a more military sniper look. Both weigh just 80 grams, That is a third the weight of some silencers. Also as the silencers are precision made for air rifles only and in particular as suitable for the precision and light weight of the Rebel, they require a precise fitting, The Rebel has a slightly loose cut thread as standard so I have made a new replacement threaded section that actually increases accuracy. The new mount requires the front mount to be removed, the threaded tube removed, then a section of the barrel outer plastic tube is cut off and the new end threaded adapter is fitted and screwed into the end mount. These tubes fit tightly to the barrel and can be bonded with locktite to provide a highly stable and accurate support for the barren end and silencer.
Again this part will be anodized in black to match the rifle. I will also make to order new front ends in brass for Innova's that have their plastic ones damaged or wish to have a silencer mount.
Please feel free to contact me on minilandrover@yahoo.fr if you desire help in tuning your rebel or in a WASP silencer or improved mounting kit.

I hope that the new 0.22 cal will be available soon and I can hardly wait to get one to compliment my "blueprinted " 0.177 rebel.
The wasp silencer will fit any air rifle with a 1/2" UNF thread which is equivalent to the 12mm 1.25 thread in metric.
I cannot supply to america as the gun laws there forbid the use of silencers. They are however serial numbered for reference if a permit is obtained.
They will handle full FAC power and more but not designed for 0.22 lr rimfire.
Again contact me on minilandrover@yahoo.fr if you need more info.
Colin.

Written on: 24/05/2013

For the moderator... I sent in a long posting last nite under minilandrover, i used my password and it seemed to be registered ok but today I realized I signed in a minilandrover and not minilandrover49 ( thats my department number here in france..)
if there is a problem posting it under either name please email it back to me so i can send it again under minilandrover49... or am I registered under both minilandrover and minilandrover49???

my email minilandrover@yahoo.fr

Written on: 24/05/2013

Phew. Thanks Moderator. didn't fancy typing all that again..

Just another quick comment, im told that the 0.22 cal rifles were all sent back ( sept 2012 ) as they had been setup too powerful for the UK regs ie above fac level..and they were all sent back . This is the reason I was given for the delay in seeing the 0.22 in the gun shops. Possibly there was an issue with the new plastic part inside the storage chamber and they are trying to fix that..Regardless of this if you see a REBEL I strongly recommend you buy it without hesitation. 0.177 or 0.22 as It can be bluprinted and if production ceases ( for any reason) they will become very rare and collectable, both the 0.177 and the 0.22cal.
Good hunting.

“I would go as far as to say that the little Sharps...”

Written on: 13/02/2009 by holdsy (4 reviews written)

I would go as far as to say that the little Sharps Innova .22 has got to be one of the best air rifles that I have ever owned. I have just got rid of a Air Arms S410 xtra hi power which was on my firearms certificate and longed to get another Sharps. I searched hi and low, but managed to get myself another one. That would be the third one that I have owned and regret ever selling the other two. I would say with great confidence that they are perhapsone of the most accurate rifles they have ever… Read Full Review

Jedkoonin's Response to holdsy's Review

Written on: 19/09/2012

i know this review was written years ago, but webley has just released their version of the innova. its called the webley rebel and its available in .177 only. 8 pumps to get it up to its top power, just under the uk limit. it also boasts a synthetic stock and fiber optic iron sights. for £110 im definitely getting one !

“i modded my Sharp Innova .22 with a silicone rubber...”

Written on: 02/02/2009 by minilandrover49 (1 review written)

i modded my Sharp Innova .22 with a silicone rubber end stock to prevent chipping of the newly varnished stock after a rebuild. the piston is set to fully pump up at three pumps, then the blow off will actuate, trigger is just perfect, very light but not dangerously so, takes a simple set of sights to render this gun perfect at 10 to 40 meters, drop about 6 inches at that range. this gun will amaze you, if in good condition despite it's dated look (though I love its look) it will out perform… Read Full Review

“I love my Sharp Innova 2 it's the .22 version and is...”

Written on: 26/12/2008

I love my Sharp Innova 2 it's the .22 version and is accurate enough to put a hole in a matchbox at 35m, 5 pumps is all it takes and i too am after the silencer for it. Generally tho these guns are a great 1st timer gun and a great plinking gun to mess about in the back garden with, great fun and very managable. Tends to drop the pump arm if not held in place and the rivet on the piston arm can damage the cylinder… Read Full Review

Innova's Comment

Written on: 11/02/2010

I notice that you say that the pump arm drop down! this should not happen if the innova is set up correctly! the linkage arm needs adjusting , lengthening untill it locks up before it sits flush with the pump tube. then back the linkage arm off untill it gently closes. You will find the air is going to be more compressed as it enters the valve and the power will increase as well. 6 pumps will give you full 12ftlbs if done correctly.if you are in GB you will need to adjust the blow off valve if you innova excedes 12ft/lbs. Further info on these can be had on BBS air gun forum. Cracking little rifles as are the ACE and Victory ( i have 4 in my colection :-)

“My first air rifle was a .22 innova and its a gun i...”

Written on: 17/10/2008 by nygelsylvester (2 reviews written)

My first air rifle was a .22 innova and its a gun i will never forget, accurate beyond belief silent as a whisper, this gun was way better than the crossman and beeman on offer back in the early 80s but in my opion was only betterd by the setra, this was an awsome pump up of the same era, but to top the lot the sharp ace was the best, however the innova still favours first to me… Read Full Review

“The Sharp Innova is quite good but dont over pump it....”

Written on: 08/10/2008 by ocj2020 (1 review written)

The Sharp Innova is quite good but dont over pump it. I found it to be really accurate but had bad quality sight adjust screw, orings that leak if you pump more than 4 times and while its leaking when i opened the pellet insert it caused an accidental shot… Read Full Review

Nygelsylvester's Response to 407893_ocj2020's Review

Written on: 17/10/2008

Its not the o ring leaking its the bleed valve releasing air mate

“I need advice badly. sometimes while on the first pump...”

Written on: 30/09/2008 by petecool (1 review written)

I need advice badly. sometimes while on the first pump its has a mispump(like leak of air) and it repeat back after 3-4 shot.can i use engine oil or grease to lubricate? v sorry for this silly question cause its my first .thanks… Read Full Review