Nikon Coolpix 950 Reviews

• Image Quality

Nikon Coolpix 950 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nikon Coolpix 950

Nikon Coolpix 950

“This was the first digital camera I purchased and...”

Written on: 31/01/2003 by mike. (1 review written)

This was the first digital camera I purchased and never once did it ever disappoint on the images..for 2.1 M/pixels it takes some beating..I used this hard and fast and regretted selling it for the Olympus C4040 that I bought in it's place, the 950 is serial port..but if you don't mind waiting ..the images are super, I kept the C4040 for 3 weeks as it didn't hold a candle to the sharp res. of the 950. maybe the C4040 was a friday job!!..I have a Nikon 990 now ...and a Minolta 7i...but I still… Read Full Review

Nikon Coolpix 950

“I've had this Nikon Coolpix 950 digital camera since...”

Written on: 19/06/2002 by Adam-T. (1 review written)

I've had this Nikon Coolpix 950 digital camera since it became available and my main camera is an E10 now but I feel that despite 2MP cameras are being produced even now, the 950 is STILL the best of the genre. Yes it has faults (above mentioned) and niggles, but I can't question the reliability or the quality of pictures. There is some chromatic aberration and image distortion at the wide end but this is better than on the Coolpix 990 samples I tried and the color balance I feel is better than… Read Full Review

41324_Mentorron.'s Response to 28495_Adam-T.'s Review

Written on: 02/10/2002

Cameras without USB connections pose no problem ...simply purchase a USB Card Reader...saves batteries as well...mine cost the equiv of 14 pounds sterling.

Nikon Coolpix 950

“The Nikon Coolpix 950 is a great digital camera, and I...”

Written on: 25/05/2002 by paul. (1 review written)

The Nikon Coolpix 950 is a great digital camera, and I use it all the time for my website, prints, etc. I'm a professional photographer.
All cameras have their limits and weaknesses. But this camera can get pictures that are very difficult with a normal camera, and it is so light, versatile, and quiet, I find myself using it again and again. I know there are better cameras, including the newer versions of the Coolpix, but I highly recommend this one. It is available on the used market… Read Full Review

29416_Larry.'s Response to 24741_paul.'s Review

Written on: 27/06/2002

excellent review, agree completely

Nikon Coolpix 950

“I cant mess about when it comes to cameras so I got to...”

Written on: 15/02/2000 by Peter Samuel. (1 review written)

I cant mess about when it comes to cameras so I got to have the best. The 950 has manual focus option, external flash option and add on lense option, spot metering option, making it ideal for the more serious photographer. Being a nikon it is also well built and well designed. I am most impressed with the results… Read Full Review