Crosman C40 Reviews

Crosman C40 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Crosman C40

Crosman C40
Crosman C40

“Anyone know where to get a grip for over the c02 simce...”

Written on: 05/06/2010

Anyone know where to get a grip for over the c02 simce i lost mine?

andyspaceballs@hotmail.com… Read Full Review

“Ive had this Crosman C40 pistol for over 4yrs now with...”

Written on: 28/06/2009

Ive had this Crosman C40 pistol for over 4yrs now with no problems. Great gun, heavy natural feel and fun to use… Read Full Review

“The Crosman C40 is a great look alike”

Written on: 12/05/2009

The Crosman C40 is a great look alike… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I got this gun used, but still it should work. The...”

Written on: 04/03/2009 by JamalDog87 (25 reviews written)

I got this gun used, but still it should work. The hold gun is made out of plastic and so it wears out quick. The little screw thing at the butt of the gun that pushs the co2 in, was no good and would not load. Look for a gun that has a metal grip… Read Full Review

Boris's Response to JamalDog87's Review

Written on: 08/01/2011

My C40 is almost all heavy metal. It sounds as though you have been "ripped off" and have bought a Crosman 1088 which is the plastic look alike

“Crosman C40 looks and feels very realistic when...”

Written on: 26/01/2009 by mikeelli (1 review written)

Crosman C40 looks and feels very realistic when somewhat compared to the average 5" barrel pistol. Nice practice for handling the real thing.. Jams continuously unless I hold the top of the barrel (part that flips up) down into the main part. I plan to take the thing apart and see what I can do to jury rig it. Very fun to shoot when it works as expected. I'm currently looking for the schmatics for it, so I can replace the piece that fell out, that prevents it from operating in single action… Read Full Review

“I generally don't like this pistol very much. It is a...”

Written on: 04/07/2008

I generally don't like this pistol very much. It is a fairly heavy gun with a really stiff trigger. Takes a decent amount of pull to get it to shoot. With it being that heavy, it makes it pretty hard to shoot fast bursts.
I found the accuracy to be pretty far off also… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Our club bought 6 of these to be used for timed and...”

Written on: 06/07/2006 by Overrev (4 reviews written)

Our club bought 6 of these to be used for timed and rapid fire targets. Absolutely the worst pistol we have ever seen… Read Full Review

Craigfperry's Response to Overrev's Review

Written on: 07/12/2008

contact me if you wish to sell these.

“I bought two Crosman C40 CO2 Pistols. They function...”

Written on: 17/06/2006 by Jouko Yliruusi (1 review written)

I bought two Crosman C40 CO2 Pistols. They function very similarly.
The pistols seem nice (in pictures and in use) - truly beautiful -but in practice, they are far from good or even average quality. My both pistols jam continuously. I have tried six different pellets, but the results have been quite the same: both pistols jam equally (2-5 of 8).

I have three other air pistols (and three air rifles), and I have never faced such jamming problem - never! According to my (over 30 years)… Read Full Review

“I just got this Crosman C40 pistol today and I was...”

Written on: 15/03/2006 by 4444 (1 review written)

I just got this Crosman C40 pistol today and I was very pleased with the weight and accuracy, this baby weighs 2.5lbs… Read Full Review

Biffo1262's Response to 234192_4444's Review

Written on: 21/11/2007

I found this review unhelpful because...there is absolutely no detail about this gun at all and gives no details of any practical experiences with it; good or bad.

“I have a 9mm Beretta and I wanted to get used with the...”

Written on: 18/02/2006 by OldSchmuck (1 review written)

I have a 9mm Beretta and I wanted to get used with the timing before going in PPC shooting. Neither my single-shot FWB C20 or Crosman 2240 could help me so after reading the reviews on this site, I ordered a C40.
It is a deal at that price. Instead of a the regular plastic clone, I got the tool I needed for the practice I had in mind.
I saw a P99 at my club and believe me, it doesn't even come close to the C40.
The loose grip is a pain in the butt . I think I'm going to carry stripes of… Read Full Review

“A speed loader for the Crosman C40 makes for easy...”

Written on: 04/02/2006 by ansiporta (2 reviews written)

A speed loader for the Crosman C40 makes for easy control of the cats intentions of my feline pedigree, no but seriously. This replica is fantastic I boast maybe I buy too cheap. Children love at bbq tho.... I LIKE! - Happy New Year to all… Read Full Review

“Someone has just given me a matched pair of Crosman...”

Written on: 29/12/2005 by matty boy (1 review written)

Someone has just given me a matched pair of Crosman C40's and they are fab it looks so real and the trigger is not that stiff. The safety is like the real thing but it doesn't stop anything when there is no co2 in it. Overall it is the best gun you can buy it can shoot 8 shoots in 2 secs (but I got it in 1 sec 30) it is a fab gun and don't worry about anything and the right grip only is lose when there is no co2 in it but if it is still is loose just bend the clips in a bit that are on the… Read Full Review

“I have been shooting the Crosman C40 for a month or so...”

Written on: 13/12/2005 by rob3dr (18 reviews written)

I have been shooting the Crosman C40 for a month or so now, and this is a great plinker/trainer pistol. Full size and heft of a 1911, so it's great for practice without burning up 45ACP ammo. Sights are fully adjustable, and the gun gets great accuracy in my 15 yard range. The pistol is semi-auto, but the trigger pull is a bit heavy on semi, so I use the hammer between shots. Shoots 7.9gr CPL's at around 400fps. Not enough for hunting of course, but perhaps very light pest work out to 15 yards… Read Full Review

“First of all, the Crosman C40 CO2 Pistol is no toy. ...”

Written on: 17/05/2005 by Particle (2 reviews written)

First of all, the Crosman C40 CO2 Pistol is no toy. Its power is incredible for a CO2 pistol with unbelievable accuracy to boot. The sights are fully adjustable, with compensation to adjust elevation and/or windage all at the same time.

The gun is quite heavy, being made entirely out of zinc alloy, except for the grips and levers (safety, mag release). The CO2 mechanism appears to be steel, so I guess that makes a liar out of me. The finish of the gun is like that of brushed aluminum along… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/05/2005

One question; why did you say that Umarex guns use slide action to cock the hammer?
<br>
<br>The only Umarex gun that has that feature is the Walther PPK, which can be cocked by either pulling the hammer back with your thumb or by moving the slide back. All the other Umarex guns have fixed slides like the C40, and can be fired by just pulling the trigger or by pulling the trigger after manually cocking the hammer.

Written on: 06/09/2006

They work... I have Umarex Beretta 92 and use modified C40 plastic magazines in it (as well as the original once), they work just fine but I prefet umarex mags because they are easier to load.

Written on: 02/09/2006

Please have a look at these
<br/>http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/chris0001/SP_A0601.jpg
<br/>http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/chris0001/SP_A0602.jpg
<br/>
<br/>Same numbers of teeth (8)
<br/>let&#039;s say same dimensions
<br/>
<br/>The main difference is metal vs plastic

Written on: 01/09/2006

Sorry, but also umarex magazines have teeth otherwise how can move it, in the picture about Umarex
<br/>http://www.pyramydair.com/images/acc/416120.jpg
<br/>They are on the other side!
<br/>
<br/>They look almost the same one side with teeth and the other side (next to breech) flat
<br/>Ciao

Written on: 01/09/2006

Great discussion. The metal mags have teeth, but teeth face rear of gun in Umarex models. I agree metal mags are a bit too big, but they fit as I have tried this.
<br/>
<br/>Since you have to flip the mag around to face the teeth forward, the pellets must load from the "wrong" side of the metal mags. The holes are too small to do this so the metal mags must be drilled out slightly.
<br/>
<br/>All-in-all, I see no reason to try the metal mags; too much work and they will wear out your gun.

Written on: 31/08/2006

They aren&#039;t compatible. All you have to do is look at the two to see why. You&#039;ll notice two things immediately:
<br/>1) The metal Umarex mags don&#039;t have indexing teeth on the front like the C40&#039;s plastic mags do. Without them, the C40 cannot advance the magazine.
<br/>2) The metal mags are slightly deeper. They won&#039;t fit the breech.
<br/>http://www.pyramydair.com/images/acc/416120.jpg
<br/>http://www.pyramydair.com/images/acc/M0402larg.jpg

Written on: 31/08/2006

I tried the Umarex mags. They fit OK, however, they turn harder and tend to jam up; trigger pull was more stiff. Problem with this (other than harder to shoot) is you&#039;ll wear out the small plastic index arm inside the C40. For this reason alone, I would not recommend using the metal mags. A few crucial parts inside the C40 are plastic (even though some people disagree; just take the gun apart and look for yourself). Nothing wrong with this, but it is better to have plastic-on-plastic instead of metal-on-plastic, as far as wear.

Written on: 29/08/2006

I&#039;m 95% sure that Umarex mags will work in C40. I don&#039;t see why they wouldn&#039;t...(it doesn&#039;t work other way around though). But you can take your gun to a gun store and ask to try Umarex mags to see if they will fit. I find C40 plastic magazines hard to load and they seen to damage the pellet when you load them.

Written on: 29/08/2006

The metal umarex magazines are not compatible.
<br/>
<br/>There&#039;s nothing wrong with the plastic magazines. I&#039;ve had them for over a year and I&#039;ve yet to have one wear out or break. If nothing else, it&#039;s actually an advantage. Being plastic, they&#039;re cheaper--about $3-4 for a three pack. The metal umarex ones cost three times that much.

Written on: 26/08/2006

one not nice thing seems to be the plastic 8 pellets magazine since all the rest is real metallic very nice:
<br/>I would like to ask if anybody knows it would be or not possible to use the metallic UMAREX 8 pellets magazine instead of it? They look very very similar in my opinion

Sciungan's Response to Particle's Review

Written on: 31/12/2005

The guns that are sold at D & R sports must be OK because if you go to the crossman website they approve the sales and suggest where to buy

Written on: 19/12/2005

After owning this pistol for some time now, I decided to come back here and report what I've found.
<br>
<br>The gun is truely solid as a rock if cared for. I haven't had to replace seals, none of my magazines have worn out, none of the paint has scratched, none of the levers are loose, and it still shoots straight as ever (quite well).
<br>
<br>The Daisy pointed and Copperhead pointed pellets seem to work the best for me. Gamo pellets seem to jam a lot, and in a CO2 pistol there doesn't seem to be enough energy to warrant using hollowpoint rounds.
<br>
<br>CO2 economy is rather good--I manage to fire all eight of my magazines on a single CO2 cartridge (it goes further, but I dump it after ~70 shots as a personal preference).
<br>
<br>All I've done is kept it clean and put some light turbine oil on every fifth or so CO2 cartridge...and it seems to like that regimen.
<br>AS A SIDE NOTE:
<br>The C40 is on sale at pyramydair.com right now for only $79.
<br>http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=195

Written on: 27/09/2005

OK thanks for all those replies :) Crosman Cartidges even only cost $30 for 40 pieces so it is cheap i guess.

Written on: 27/09/2005

Not for 12gr. I think 88gr is rechargeable. but not 100% sure. Why do you want to recharge it anyways 12gr CO2 is dirt cheep. I live in Canada and I get pack of 15 for $10. In US they’re probably ever cheaper...

Written on: 26/09/2005

Thanks for the replies. I'm kind of a newb with guns you see :) I have a break barrel gun with 4x scope now, but don't know what gun it is. Anyway, it looks like the Crosman Quest 1000X (http://www.crosman.com/site/listing/1218). What about the Co2 inflators? Do they exist?

Written on: 24/09/2005

Proost wrote “Can you also use 88 gram's in a C40? Or do you really have to take 12 gram's?”
<br>
<br>88gram AirSource is huge (around 7 times the size of 12gram; [88 div 12]) so it simply will not fit in the grip handle in fact it’s bigger then a the gun itself!! So NO, unless you want to completely change the way the gun works and looks you have to stick with the 12gman CO2’s

Written on: 24/09/2005

Alot of questions of me :) do Co2 inflators exist? I didnt knew it was possible.. URL: http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Pump/product_78616.shtml . If it exist, it would be cheap to reaload co2 cartidges.

Quote of hotsky:
<br>Now there's also 88gram CO2 (Air Source) that last up to 400 shots but mainly use with rifles
<br>
<br>Can you also use 88 gram's in a C40? Or do you really have to take 12 gram's?

Written on: 23/09/2005

I think the 8000 shots might’ve been a service life of a gun (i.e. how long it will last)…
<br>
<br>About pellets; NO you don’t have to use Crosman pellets they’re OK but there are a lot better ones out there. What you should do is buy a number of different pellet types form different manufacturers , test it all and see what your gun likes the best . As for CO2 they’re all the same as for pressure (so no power difference). Some people say that Crosman CO2 have oil in them, which I’m not too sure is true. I personally use Bras Eagle CO2 made by Paint ball company is the cheapest stuff I found; but works just as good as anything else I tried.
<br>
<br>Particle, I doubt the C40 is a most powerful CO2 pistol; 400fps is pretty much an average for CO2 guns of that size, that shoot pellets. Crosman 2240 is a .22 that shoots at 460fps more that twice as powerful as C40!

Written on: 23/09/2005

You will just need to try various pellets. While you don't have to use Crosman pellets, they do tend to fit better overall. I have also had good luck with Skenco sabots and Beeman pellets. Gamo don't seem to fit very well.
<br>
<br>8000 is more likely listed as its service life than shots per CO2...though I would suspect it will last for a lot more shots. Maybe seals go out on average around 8000.

Written on: 22/09/2005

Wow thanks all for the helpful information :) i dont find the url which said it was 4000 pellets. Believe it or not, but, (haha) it said it could fire 8000. I didn't believed it and made 4000 of it. Anyway, now i know the truth, never believe publicity and ask other people :) thanks. I think i'll buy a C40 and 12 gram cartidges with Domed heavy pellets Model LUM77 (http://www.crosman.com/site/listing/1253). Is it true that it's better that you use Crosman pellets and cartidges in case of other marks?

Written on: 22/09/2005

4000 shots ???? no way!! No CO2 gun is going to do that. But keep in mind that there different CO2 cylinders, the C40 and 99% of CO2 pistols use 12gram cylinders, with last for 50-150shots depending on a gun, a 400fps gun will usually last 60-80 shots with one CO2.

Written on: 22/09/2005

Are you sure it said 4000 shots per cartridge? Also bear in mind, these guns take the 12 gram kind, and they are stored in the grip. 50-70 is decent economy, but this pistol has about the hardest punch of any CO2 pistol available, so I think the sacrifice is worth it. It's funny how much the pellet matters though--if you shoot a CD with a flathead pellet, there's a good chance it will bounce off. If you shoot a CD with a pointed pellet, the CD disintegrates into a pretty collection of fragments and foil.

Written on: 22/09/2005

I saw cartidges of 12 gram and of 88 gram, what's the difference and what do you have to use in a C40? Because its not told at the site, I searched everywhere. 1 It's the power of shooting or 2 it's the number of pellets you can shoot with. The price is also very different..

Written on: 22/09/2005

Wow each CO2 cartidge last only 50-70 shots? This is really NOT what Crossman said on their site: they say it lasts up to 4000 (!!) pellets each cartidge in some guns. I guess those "guns" are really really bad quality then. Then the C40 must shoot really hard then :) The way i like it.

Written on: 21/09/2005

What do you mean? Are you asking what the service life is or how many shots per reload?
<br>
<br>As to the magazine capacity, there are 8 shots each. If you load up say a half dozen of them before you start shooting, it isn't much of a handicap--it only takes a few seconds to reload (about the same as one well-placed shot during shooting, maybe two).
<br>
<br>If you are referring to the service life, I do not know. I suspect it will last a long, long time if you treat it right. I've fired about 1500-2000 rounds from mine. Each CO2 cartridge lasts about 50-70 shots for me and I put a drop of light turbine oil (stuff you use for fans, etc) on top of every 4th or 5th CO2 cartridge when I load CO2. Considering everything about this gun is metal, I don't see it wearing out quickly if treated properly. About the only parts I see ever needing replaced are the seals. With time, rubber tends to "wear out". I haven't experienced this yet, but it won't surprise me if it does one of these years. Even so, it's a quick and inexpensive fix.

Written on: 21/09/2005

I have a question: how many pellets can I fire with a Crosman C40? Does anyone have an idea? I am thinking about buying a C40.

Written on: 27/06/2005

I saw the C40 for sale for $66 at this site: https://www.dnrsports.net/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DSC&Category_Code=airgunscro
Do you suppose these cheap versions are "factory seconds" or really old guns or something? Otherwise it is hard to believe the $66.
Actually I suspected pyramyd air might sell factory seconds too (even though price is $105) -- I purchased a second C40 for a backup and it is horribly flawed cosmetically and very inaccurate. My first gun was great. So go figure.
If my good one breaks I want to find a retailer that I can visit in person, to see what I am buying next time!

Breakfastofevil's Response to Particle's Review

Written on: 27/06/2005

i would like to know what websites you can get it at for under $70. i ordered one at dnrsports.net and it was on backorder

Written on: 25/06/2005

$66 for the Crosman C40. This and another store stock it for about that price while the next tier of pricing is around $100 starting with pyramydexpress.com

Breakfastofevil's Response to Particle's Review

Written on: 23/06/2005

i would like to know where you got this gun for $60. also what kind of mounting options does it have. thanx

Written on: 23/05/2005

Yeah, my magazine release will wiggle a little now, after about 1200 pellets. The Beeman golden hollowpoints are quite nice. They fit really tight (they get grooves from the rifling after firing) and are oddly accurate on the paper targets I tried yesterday. My sights still aren't dialed in correctly, but they were hitting in the black from 1/2 range. The Beeman wadcutters were hitting 2nd ring consistantly.

Written on: 21/05/2005

OK that's CP99, what about Colt, Beretta, CP88 & S&W? Don’t they work the same as C40? You can’t judge the whole line by one gun.
And what's fake about PPK's blowback action?

Written on: 21/05/2005

I agree with your review, 100%. The more I shoot this gun, the better I like it and the accuracy has really been impressive. It has perfect balance and great sights.
I like the plastic magazines. They may wear but that's better than the part in the gun wearing..they are sort of disposable. I am still using the same magazine after probably 2500 shots.
I still don't like the plastic slide lever. I would be interested to know if yours gets wiggly -- I noticed it right after the factory applied heavy grease wore off and it moved more freely. Hopefully, it won't break off.
My Gamos were also the magnums. They are a bit too long which probably does't help. For non-lead pellets, the daisy tin pellets from airgunexpress.com are great. Perfect size and they are hard -- will blast a beer bottle to pieces at 10 meters.
Thanks for the detailed review.

Written on: 18/05/2005

I said that because it's true. I'm not talking about fake blowback action. I'm talking about how like the CP-99 is cocked into single action by manually moving half of the "slide". I wasn't referring to the blowback. The C40 is cocked into single action by a nice hammer that you can operate with a single hand without even repositioning. It's nice.

“This is the first gas operated pistol I have ever...”

Written on: 17/04/2005 by ansiporta (2 reviews written)

This is the first gas operated pistol I have ever owned. I bought my crosman C40 airpistol two weeks ago and have found it to be a very stimulating high power shooting substitute for the back yard, as the young and old will testify at BBQ gatherings at my place.
The accuracy I have found to be very good at 10 metres for the first three mags. (In My Opinion) What more to say except, "GREAT PISTOL" and Not a Toy.
Well the Crosman C40 claims to be styled after one of the worlds most popular… Read Full Review

1N54N1Ty's Response to ansiporta's Review

Written on: 07/05/2005

I'm looking for a nice air gun to buy, and my research has led to the C40. My major interests are power and accuracy. I am divided between the Powerline 622x and C40. I would thank you if you elucidated me about the kind of power C40 outputs, giving practical examples, ie. what kind of objects does it perfurate at a certain distance.

Ansiporta's Response to ansiporta's Review

Written on: 04/02/2006

nice... lol friend...

Ansiporta's Response to ansiporta's Review

Written on: 04/02/2006

maybe you get a .22?

“The Crosman C40 is a clunky, heavy American product...”

Written on: 10/04/2005 by tmbechtel (3 reviews written)

The Crosman C40 is a clunky, heavy American product (the norm), but it is well constructed and very fun to shoot. It really packs a wallop for a pellet gun.

I saw all the review on the loose right grip. I bought this (and a Walther CP 99) a week ago after reading all these reviews (helpful, thanks). Right grip notwithstanding, it was a great choice, especially for $105 US. Yes the grip is loose, but it is meant to be, unless a CO2 is installed. With the CO2 bottle in place, it is tight… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/04/2005

Would you recommend this over the CP-99 you bought?

Sciungan's Response to tmbechtel's Review

Written on: 05/01/2006

You are right, that Crosman is not manufacturing them anymore, I called the company. Thanks for the answers!

Written on: 03/01/2006

I've found nothing on the C40 that isn't metal (except for the rear adjustable sight). The entire body is a zinc alloy. The levers, trigger, CO2 mechanism, etc are all metal. The trigger is black and very uncomfortable looking but doesn't actually hurt. I shoot 64 rounds at a time usually, and my trigger finger never hurts. Of course, almost all of my shots are single action (which is a softer trigger).
<br>
<br>After having a C40 for half a year now, I still absolutely love its design. Nothing has broken--it appears quite solid. It's also rather heavy. It's actually heavier than a (real) 1911 .45 that I held a while back by a little...so it is no plastic toy.
<br>
<br>On that note, I've been hit by a ricochet once. It just barely glanced by me but it cut my leg. So, if you are looking to get one of these, exercise proper caution while using it. While it may not be a high powered hunting rifle, it is powerful enough to hurt you.

Written on: 03/01/2006

Trigger and hammer are black metal. I have seen the pictures you are talking about; they must have made a slightly different model before, with silver trigger and hammer.
<br>
<br>Frame is entirely metal. The color difference you are seeing is because of the paint job -- the sides of the slide are polished while the rest of the gun is painted a gray color. Plastic parts on the gun include the grips, rear sight, round magazine, and the mechanism inside that rotates the magazine. Everything else is metal.
<br>
<br>I looked on the Crosman site, and the C40 is missing from the web page. Maybe it is not being manufactured anymore (?)

Sciungan's Response to tmbechtel's Review

Written on: 27/12/2005

I was wondering if the trigger was black or silver and if that was metal? I have seen many different pictures and they all look different. Also I was wondering if the whole outside frame is metal because in the pictures it looks like just the top slide is metal and the rest is plastic.

Written on: 28/07/2005

My mistake. I thought my email said that my review had received a comment so I didn't even bother to check the name once the page was brought up.
<br>
<br>Anyway, cheers to the C40! =)

Written on: 27/07/2005

Hmmm....looks like my review. Yes, tmbechtel, that's me. Seriously, we did previously comment on each other's review though, so it could go in either. I suppose we have beat the C40 thing to death but it sure is a good product. Thanks

Written on: 26/07/2005

I think you chose the wrong review to update--this one was done by myself.
<br>
<br>Good points, though! I'm glad to hear that the magazine release lever is indeed steel. Have you noted if the safety and indexing wedge are this same sort of painted steel? They all look the same and I thought they were all three plastic.
<br>
<br>Oil should be applied about every 4th or 5th 12gr cartridge on average. They say in the manual that any light oil is better than none (so turbine oil does work [I use it]--much cheaper also) and that you should definately not over-oil your gun.
<br>
<br>I'm still very happy with my C40, months later.

Written on: 26/07/2005

An update to my review...I still think the C40 is worth the money. I found a few interesting things after using for a couple of months:
<br>
<br>1) The rear sight seems to get knocked out of adjustment, not by bumping it as I first thought, but apparently by a burst of CO2 escaping from the sight screw hole with every shot. I'm serious. I put a Crosman red dot on it and now it is dead on and stays that way.
<br>2) The gray accent paint will scratch off fairly easily (like when installing a red dot sight).
<br>3) Barrel is loose (supposed to be that way) and rattles...for some reason no accuracy problems.
<br>4) "Slide" release lever is painted steel, not plastic (I scratched it and discovered it was metal when refinishing).
<br>5) Seems to shoot better if I don't put a drop of pellgun oil on the CO2 cartridge every time -- maybe every third or fourth cartridge. Some people do every time. I found it causes leaks.
<br>6) Very durable (other than maybe paint...but paint on my CP99 is much more easily scratched).
<br>7) Shoots about same power in single and double action (my CP88 is much weaker in double -- annoying).
<br>
<br>Overall, I would buy another. I wish Crosman would spend a little more time with the finish and details, and they would have a better gun than some of the more expensive models.

Written on: 18/05/2005

After using the C40 for two days now, I'd have to agree about the Gamos. I tried two magazines loaded with Gamo Magnum (pointed, heavy) pellets. The first magazine was rapid fired and all shots fired fine through a frisbee. The second magazine jammed the gun for the first time. After rotating the magazine using my fingernail, the clip was able to pop up and half of the pellets were out of the magazine. They seemed fine when loading, but they were too small during firing.
<br>
<br>Crosman wadcutter pellets and Skenco type 2 sabot pellets work wonderfully. Overall, the crosman pellets seem to be more consistant, but the skenco move a lot quicker through the air.

Written on: 05/05/2005

I feel stupid now for paying $105 @ pyramydair - oh well. Hopefully the C40 will be a good choice...I only wish the CB40 (black) was more available than it is.
<br>
<br>Thanks for the information and I hope it turns out good for shooting cans.

Written on: 04/05/2005

Actually, I probably would recommend the C40 over the CP99 if you want an all around pistol for shooting and having fun. I have shot probably 1000 pellets through the C40, maybe more, and so far it is the most fun to shoot.
<br>
<br>Good and Bad Points relative to each gun, after using both for a few weeks:
<br>C40:
<br>Good: Power, balance (my hand shakes but this is gun is stable), weight, simple operation, fast loading and surprisingly accurate after sight is adjusted. And the price.
<br>Bad: Cheap plastic slide release lever is loose...maybe normal but it seems looser than before and it is an important piece that I suspect may not last. Also finish is not nickel, it is just silver/gray metal so not as nice/realistic looking as CP99, but it still looks cool. Now I would not classify the grip as a bad point...it is fine when using the gun. Oh, the rear sight can get knocked loose easily, which is why initially I thought the C40 was not accurate. The sight wiggles a bit and can get knocked out of whack. Easy to adjust though.
<br>CP99:
<br>Good: Very well built and realistic, if seal goes bad, buy a new magazine for $40 US, almost as accurate as C40 (same for a good shooter..too short and light for me), very loud crack when fired.
<br>Bad: Paint (black slide version) scratches off easily, white writing is paint, not engraved and it also wears off, not as powerful as C40, need to pull slide back and hold to adjust rear sight = tricky.
<br>
<br>Both are good guns. I would recommend the C40 because it has turned out to be way more fun, with its feel and power. I see that it can be purchased for $66 at
<br>
<br>https://www.dnrsports.net/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DSC&Category_Code=airgunscro
<br>
<br>which means you can get two C40s for the price of one CP99. I would do that! Either way, you really can't make a bad choice.
<br>Hope this helps.

“I bought a cb40 around 2 years ago just for the use of...”

Written on: 08/11/2004 by Lindsay Fergusson (1 review written)

I bought a cb40 around 2 years ago just for the use of plinking. It was great. My first airgun looked like a real pistol, had the weight of a real pistol but the shooting accuracy was pants. I have been shooting rimfire rifles pistols since I was five, so I obviously knew that an airgun wouldn't match the accuracy of "real guns". I have lately come to realise that my inaccuracy was down to the pellets, and since I got some crossman accupell, I can shoot 10p's at 20yards...consistently.
Another… Read Full Review

Proost's Response to Lindsay Fergusson's Review

Written on: 21/09/2005

Thanks for the lovely advice! But I have a question. How many pellets can you fire with a Crosman gun? (C40?)

Starling Death's Response to Lindsay Fergusson's Review

Written on: 10/02/2007

I may be purchasing one soon. This was helpful. But, you say your rimfire pistols are a class above air pistols. When you are looking at a C40, perhaps, but ten-meter airguns like the IZH-46 will group with the best of the rimfires. Not to mention, the ammo is cheaper, while being more accurate for the price. I'm biased towards air weaponry, but they do have their advantages.

Polyphony001's Response to Lindsay Fergusson's Review

Written on: 19/11/2005

8 shots in a mgazine. Co2 will allow about 50 shots each canister.

“Just got the Crosman C40 2 days ago and already went...”

Written on: 10/10/2004 by LDMak90 (1 review written)

Just got the Crosman C40 2 days ago and already went through 500 pellets with it. I call it a weapon because with a new CO2 cartridge at 435 fps or better, this baby is NOT a toy. I like the adjustable sights which seem to stay very accurate and I appreciate the power/accuracy of the weapon. This is single and double action and even the double action firing is easy and smooth. Not too hard or jumpy.

The loose right grip that everyone is complaining about caused me about 15 mins of… Read Full Review

“R/H grip. Just got this gun and the R/Hand grip is...”

Written on: 18/05/2004 by Dave017 (4 reviews written)

R/H grip. Just got this gun and the R/Hand grip is rubbish, sat down and before I had shot a slug came up with a very good fix.

1 find a magnet, thin magnet
2 FRIDGE MAGNET (yes nice and thin and got them all over the fridge)
3 Place magnet into grip and fix in place with sticky back pad ( dont use glue incase of return under warranty clame.)
4 works brill as magnet will stick to CO2 leaver

Dave… Read Full Review

Yoyoche's Response to Dave017's Review

Written on: 02/08/2004

Thanks for the idea. I just bought my C40 and your tip worked like a charm.

Daveparsons69's Response to Dave017's Review

Written on: 25/02/2009

I had to return mine as the co2 kept leaking out. got a new one back, but within a month the same thing happened. Has anyone else had this experience and is there a way to stop it from leaking?<br/>cheers<br/>Dave

Ldmak90's Response to Dave017's Review

Written on: 10/10/2004

Hmm... I didn't see the suggestion on bending the clips inwards to stop the jiggling. However, after playing with it for about 15 mins I also figured out the same fix. Works perfectly! Use pliers to squeeze the clip ends together and no more loose right grip. then you can enjoy the rest of this excellent gun.

Acho's Response to Dave017's Review

Written on: 10/09/2004

You can also use pliers to slightly bend inwards the clip that holds the grip on-Be careful pulling the grip off though, you may accidentally open the lever and get greeted by a nice, cold mist of co2.

“I own 9 pistols, When I review guns... I know what im...”

Written on: 06/04/2004 by SL33pyRiceBoi (9 reviews written)

I own 9 pistols, When I review guns... I know what im talking about. [own: Crosman 1008b, C40, 357 revolver; Gamo PT80, P23, Auto45, V3; Walther CPS, CP99]

If you are interested in buying this gun I will tell you how to get it for really cheap at the end of this review.

**************************************************************************************************

***GENERAL:
oh... where to start... this is probably the BEST gun when it comes to performance, accuracey, power, and feel… Read Full Review