Gigabyte GA-7ZX Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Gigabyte GA-7ZX - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gigabyte GA-7ZX

Gigabyte GA-7ZX

“I've had my Gigabyte GA-7ZX for about 4 years now and...”

Written on: 29/05/2005 by PHREDD (1 review written)

I've had my Gigabyte GA-7ZX for about 4 years now and have had limited problems with it. I'm only running an AMD Thunderbird 850 chip and I have good stable game play on almost everything I play. Although I plan on building another system this summer, I will continue to use a Gigabyte board. If you are having boot up problems with this board you might want to buy yourself a how to book or just read the manual that comes with it… Read Full Review

Gigabyte GA-7ZX

“After all this time I have found the reason for the...”

Written on: 06/09/2004 by Dave OH (1 review written)

After all this time I have found the reason for the instability (if it will run at all) of the motherboard with the AMD Thunderbird processor. It is not the motherboard itself but the inability of the VIA KT-133 Chipset to handle timing problems due to the design of the AMD Socket A CPU, (longer traces length which meant that the processor could be used with the less common AMD 750 chipset but not the KT-133). So my upgrade Thunderbird chip is of no use… Read Full Review

Gigabyte GA-7ZX

“The bad point about the Giga-Byte GA-7 ZX motherboard...”

Written on: 21/06/2002 by Nightwind. (1 review written)

The bad point about the Giga-Byte GA-7 ZX motherboard is that the board often fails on 1st boot-up and hangs. But subsequent boots will succeed.

The good point is the board is stable once its booted up. I leave my system on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and reboot maybe once every 4-7 days so the booting problem does not bother me.

So far the system has not crashed, even when I leave on 3 days running as a on-line game server (Medal Of Honour) or as a P2P server for Kazaa downloads.

Of… Read Full Review

Gigabyte GA-7ZX

“I have found the GA-7ZX motherboard from Giga-Byte...”

Written on: 20/04/2002 by is. (1 review written)

I have found the GA-7ZX motherboard from Giga-Byte unstable. Often fails to boot. Dodgy stuff… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Gigabyte GA-7ZX

“I bought 2 motherboards from GIGA-BYTE in the last...”

Written on: 04/01/2002 by Dark~Destiny. (1 review written)

I bought 2 motherboards from GIGA-BYTE in the last year and both have done nothing but fail me and my expectations. One was a dual cpu workstation for P3 cpus the second an AMD XP board. They both fail to boot and show a bios. After 6 days of messing around I finally got the dual cpu board to work for about 3 months and one day it died. Called and emailed the company to no avail, they kept sending me emails with more phone numbers to call so I just gave up, not learning from my first mistake I… Read Full Review

Gigabyte GA-7ZX

“I have had my board for four months now, and I have...”

Written on: 06/04/2001 by Doc. (1 review written)

I have had my board for four months now, and I have also had stability and speed problems with it. It seems that Gigabyte, having released a new board, bizarrely felt the need to bundle "old" VIA chipset drivers (4.20) with it that are incompatible with NVidia's GeForce cards. I found that after upgrading the motherboard drivers to the latest version (at the time, 4.24), stability improved greatly over the initial mess I was presented with.
In general, this has improved slightly as the drivers… Read Full Review

12009_Wiz.'s Response to 1566_Doc.'s Review

Written on: 07/02/2002

THIS IS A RUBBISH MOTHERBOARD IT DROVE ME UP THE WALL WITH MY GEFORCE2 MX400 WITH THE DRIVERS NOW I GOT A NEW MOTHERBOARD EPOX IT WORKS FINE

Tmartindub's Response to 1566_Doc.'s Review

Written on: 03/12/2004

I was given one of these also and have had zero problems. I need a manual for it and also would like to know what kind of CPU to use as a replacement for the 800mhz and what kind?
<br>
<br>Thanks.
<br>
<br>Tommy

Deon.'s Response to 1566_Doc.'s Review

Written on: 25/04/2003

Not bad of a board...what I need to know is how high of a CPU can I upgrade this to? GA-7ZX vers. 1.01 ANYONE?

Mraryary.'s Response to 1566_Doc.'s Review

512mb dimm
ati radeon 7000
cd/dvd writer
sound blaster live 5.1
Never had a problem the boards great !!!
even better someone gave it me !!!!!!!

39916_Francois.'s Response to 1566_Doc.'s Review

Written on: 26/09/2002

Very good review. Hit right on the nail about the motherboard problems. Liked the details on the drivers.

29533_Rawlo.'s Response to 1566_Doc.'s Review

Written on: 28/06/2002

I have had similar stability problems as the above users with the 7ZXR MBoard.Running 1.1G Thunderbird,512M PC133 SDRAM,40G HDD,NVIDIA GeForce2 MX400. Solved my problems with Epox 8KTA3L+ Motherboard which has VIA 133A Chipset.
<br>PS. Kevin, Flash your Bios to an updated vesion from the Gigabyte website to solve Chip ID woes, if you're feeling lucky!

22532_Kevin.'s Response to 1566_Doc.'s Review

Written on: 07/05/2002

I HAVE A GIGABYTE BOARD GA7ZX VIA KT133 CHIPSET I HAVE A 1333 ATHLON THAT ONLY READS AT 1000MHZ CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME (kadorn99@shaw.ca)?

Gigabyte GA-7ZX

“I just purchased one of these and it seems very slow and ”

Written on: 26/09/2000 by Richard. (1 review written)

I just purchased one of these and it seems very slow and
unstable. Does anyone know what might be causing this?
I have: