Samsung SyncMaster 753S Reviews

• Quality

Samsung SyncMaster 753S - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Samsung SyncMaster 753S

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“I've got this monitor as a second monitor for my...”

Written on: 27/04/2011

I've got this monitor as a second monitor for my laptop. The laptop has a HD LCD display, and I have to say, the difference is very noticeable. The LCD display has bright colors, the white is as white as it possibly can get, and the same goes for the black, and of course all other colors. The SyncMaster 753s on the other hand features gray as black, some very light gray color as white, and the actual colors in the rest of the display look nothing like my HD screen... You can't get true colors… Read Full Review

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“I'VE BEEN USING THIS MONITOR FOR 8 YEARS. A VERY...”

Written on: 29/11/2010

I'VE BEEN USING THIS MONITOR FOR 8 YEARS. A VERY TRUSTWORTHY MACHINE IT IS. ALL THESE YEARS I SAW ALL MY FRIENDS STRUGGLING WITH THEIR MONITORS AND CHUCKLED. SYNCMASTER 753S GAVE ME ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM DURING THESE YEARS. YEAH, SURE IT LACKS THE CLARITY OF AN LCD MONITOR, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT. IT'S GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY. I'M GONNA BUY A NEW LCD MONITOR IN A FEW DAYS AS MY OLD MONITOR NEEDS SOME REST, BUT I WILL MISS MY 753S. ADIEU MY FRIEND… Read Full Review

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“i like the samsung syncmaster 753s it is my favourite...”

Written on: 16/10/2010

i like the samsung syncmaster 753s it is my favourite monitor.its colour is sharp and it has got a nice glass screen while the other monitors like the hp l1506 has got a smudgy soft finish which i really don't like.best monitor i've ever used 5 stars!… Read Full Review

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“With me since 2004...(6 years) No problems. Brilliant...”

Written on: 27/05/2010

With me since 2004...(6 years) No problems. Brilliant and vivid colors.
Recommended… Read Full Review

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“Amazed at these reviews. I've had this monitor for 12...”

Written on: 04/09/2008

Amazed at these reviews. I've had this monitor for 12 years. It's seen 4 base units off the premises. Still as crisp and clear an image as the day it was bought. Maybe there are too many many friday afternoon models around, but mine is Tuesday morning. Personally well recommend the Samsung SyncMaster 753S, great computer monitor… Read Full Review

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“Gonna buy a new flatscreen soon but will keep this one...”

Written on: 21/05/2008

Gonna buy a new flatscreen soon but will keep this one for my second com cant say anything bad by this product since im amazed by its works in the long term… Read Full Review

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“I have it since December's 2002 and it still works...”

Written on: 28/04/2008

I have it since December's 2002 and it still works perfectly, I have some discomfort in my eyes after 9-10 hours.. I guess the radiation is big. Good after all.. therefore well recommend Samsung SyncMaster 753S… Read Full Review

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“I feel like a moron after buying this Samsung...”

Written on: 20/06/2005 by buddha189 (3 reviews written)

I feel like a moron after buying this Samsung SyncMaster 753S... I used to think Samsung products were good ... and went ahead to buy this monitor, contrary to a friend's advice ... this product has put a dent in my purse ... and they've lost a customer in me… Read Full Review

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“The Samsung SyncMaster 753S had good colour - its brill!!”

Written on: 18/06/2005 by polly p (1 review written)

The Samsung SyncMaster 753S had good colour - its brill!!… Read Full Review

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“I had this Samsung SyncMaster 753S monitor for about a...”

Written on: 25/04/2005 by udayan (1 review written)

I had this Samsung SyncMaster 753S monitor for about a year and today I disposed this off. Its the worst one I ever saw. I have bought it because of the brand name but suffered like anything. The picture quality is bad, distortion appears and very frequently something or the other happens to it and I have to call the mechanic… Read Full Review

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“This is a worst brand of monitors. My Samsung...”

Written on: 29/09/2004 by sudheer (1 review written)

This is a worst brand of monitors. My Samsung Synmaster 753S is creating lost of trouble after 3 months of service. It seems one of the primary colours is missing and display is purple now. This happens so early. I doubt the real quality of these monitors… Read Full Review

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“I thought Samsung made good quality products (they are...”

Written on: 16/12/2003 by mvdw84 (1 review written)

I thought Samsung made good quality products (they are the fastest growing electronics brand in the world today) alas my Samsung SyncMaster 753S monitor lasted a mere 3 months before burning out - and I had hardly even used it! The one year guarantee basically meant nothing 'cause the aftersales service has been atrocious! I'd stay clear of this model! (theres at least 5 other ones in my local computer store waiting to be repaired!)… Read Full Review

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“I appreciate a lot in buying SAMSUNG Products only...”

Written on: 10/08/2003 by haripn (2 reviews written)

I appreciate a lot in buying SAMSUNG Products only because of the Trust in Quality and Service given by the company. I have been using a Samsung 14" 4Bni Monitor for the last 4-5 years. I use a Samsung CD Drive, own a Samsung 21" Colour Television (Super Horn). I have bought all these appliances from Samsung just because I feel the company is different from all other companies and does their part well in the society. I recommend to all my friends and relatives to buy Samsung Products... Now… Read Full Review

Paulmtasker86's Response to haripn's Review

Written on: 28/11/2003

I've had this monitor for 18 months and have to say for £110 it was a great buy.
<br>Its sharp (though not as good as more expensive flat screens), is flicker free at 1024x768 and mine suffers no problems whatsoever depsite being transported all over country when I've moved houses. However I did have problems with a friends 750s that you say should be fine. The monitor is so dark even on 100% brightness and contrast I have to up the settings manualy via his Geforce card settings. But I think that might be due to being too close to a loudspeaker when I transported it??????????
<br>There may be a few rogue ones about but overall for value for money the 753s has got to be about the best thing I ever purchased, an enormous improvement over the belina 17inch I had before it and gave away with my old PC which was too blurry.

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“The problems mentioned with the SyncMaster 753s are...”

Written on: 26/06/2003 by Vikram. (1 review written)

The problems mentioned with the SyncMaster 753s are NOT unique. They exist in ALL of them. My unit showed a terrible vertical wave-like distortion throughout the screen straight out of the box! Also, the 753s has too much of a downward "pull" in the image exactly at the top centre. I was told that this is "normal" for a conventional CRT monitor. It does exist in the 750 also, but it is negligible. In the 753s it is nearly 1mm downward!!

I received no reply from Samsung Corporate office even… Read Full Review

Kis.'s Response to Vikram.'s Review

Written on: 18/07/2003

Syncmaster 957mb and 959nf have exactly the same problems. I really, really don't get why Samsung haven't developed a way to adjust the horizontal lines...My new 959nf pulls down with about one mm! And there's no way to correct this!!!

Vebo's Response to Vikram.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2004

Yes, I have the same problem with 959NF, a downward "pull" in the image exactly at the top centre. I bought this monitor about one week ago, and for this kind of reason I must tell you I'm really desapointed.
<br>
<br>I have at work a more cheaper 19" Hansol monitor with Samsung DynaFlat Tube (1280x1024@85Hz), but is almoust perfect on horizontal side. I mean, this is not "funny"? I bought a Samsung monitor with Diamontron tube to work at 1600x1200@85Hz and of course for a higher price, but I wasn't expected to have this kind of problems.
<br>
<br>I wrote to Samsung Service and I'm realy curious with what answer they will give me.

Haripn's Response to Vikram.'s Review

Written on: 10/08/2003

HELLO, WHAT THE ABOVE USER HAS MENTIONED IS REALLY TRUE. IN SYNCMASTER 753S THE GEOMETRICAL POSITIONS ARE A WAIST. IMAGE IS BLURRY. SERVICE PEOPLE CANT WORK OUT THE PROBLEM. THEY ARE NOT READY FOR A REPLACEMENT TOO. THE BUYER HAS TO SUFFER EVERYTHING. THE MONITOR IS BRAND NEW AND BAUGHT IT ONLY LAST WEEK. THE PROBLEMS HAVE STARTED TO ARISE THE NEXT DAY OF PURCHASE AND SAMSUNG IS KEEPING QUIET EVEN AFTER CONTACTING THE COMPANI ONLINE.

Samsung SyncMaster 753S

“UNLIKE ITS PREDECESSOR, THE TRUSTED 750S, THE SAMSUNG...”

Written on: 02/11/2002 by Siddharth Mishra. (1 review written)

UNLIKE ITS PREDECESSOR, THE TRUSTED 750S, THE SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 753S MONITOR SUFFERS FROM UMPTEEN DEFECTS - HORIZONTAL SCREEN EXPANSION - YES THE SCREEN ACTUALLY EXPANDS HORIZONTALLY IN JUST UNDER AN HOUR OF USE, EXCESSIVE MOIRE ESPECIALLY AT 800 * 600 RESOLUTION (THOUGH NOT SO AT 1024 * 768).
POOR SERVICE AND WORKMANSHIP - SAMSUNG'S NEHRU PLACE(DELHI) SERVICE CENTER HAD NO CLUE AS TO THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM AND HAD TO BE INSTRUCTED BY THEIR BOSSES IN KOREA TO RECTIFY IT- EVEN THEN ONLY THE… Read Full Review

90917_Neo.'s Response to Siddharth Mishra.'s Review

Written on: 21/04/2003

well my friend is not fully right about the syncmaster 753s as product works fine and
<br>infact it is good ...the problem may be in his AGP card or some driver problem....but i agree with him on the point of customer care ...but it is up to indian standards....not bad at all ...
<br>i will recommend this product...

Dan007004's Response to Siddharth Mishra.'s Review

Written on: 16/11/2004

Hi, I have had the 19 inch version of the samsung syncmaster 753s. Touch wood the monitor has been fine except for when you switch the monitor off and leave it for a very long time and then switch it back on it very rarely comes up multicoloured. switch it off and on it is sorted. I think it is something to do with how tight you install the svga connector to the graphics card. Because its very rare it happens and usually when i have just had the pc appart.
<br>
<br>What do you think? past the warranty now but hasn't been bad. when the monitor is on, no problems up to now touch wood.
<br>
<br>what do you think, thanks dan.

Destroy's Response to Siddharth Mishra.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2004

I have not noticed any other defects apart from hissing sound. I have had the 753s syncmaster for just over 4 months. The hissing will drive you crazy if you are anything like me.
<br>
<br>It seems to have other defects that i have not experienced so if you are thinking of buying this monitor give it a long hard think as to whether or not you think it is worth the risk.

Ajay's Response to Siddharth Mishra.'s Review

Written on: 07/08/2003

Even I am facing the same problem with my 753s samsung monitor.It goes pink frequently.Degaussing doesn't help.Some mild shaking is required to restore the monitor to normal condition.
<br> Please,do post what is the current status of your monitor after servicing.And can I do something myself to make it work,without going for the servicing? thanks.

110120_Shenbu.'s Response to Siddharth Mishra.'s Review

Written on: 24/06/2003

hello there thanks someone helped me.. i am taking it to the samsung service centre today they told me in the phone that there is nothing to worry as the data connection (with the cable_) inside the monitotr was quite loose & it is only a 5 min work...........& u see thesometimes the monitor looks realy well for some period of time say 15 mins 7 then off it goes pink yellow again.........some loose contact inside anyway thanks guys i'll reply after i finish the service& come

109797_Gavin.'s Response to Siddharth Mishra.'s Review

Written on: 23/06/2003

Some nice person probably dropped it while in shipping.
<br>The only thing atm that is playing up with mine is it goes pink after the power save has been on for a while and you wake it up. I just degauss it. Your problem sound different tho. Take it back to the supplier. Its either the plug (move the vga cable around and see if it stops it (monitor and box)). if not the ray gun thingy in the actual monitor has been damaged in production or shipping. had a monitor years ago that went blue flickery lines all the time it was one of the ray guns. return it>
<br>what refresh rate is it running at ?

Shenbu.'s Response to Siddharth Mishra.'s Review

Written on: 22/06/2003

hey
<br>
<br>some one plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help meee.hey i bought a samsung 753s monitor & itz been 1 month all of a sudden when the monitor was working fine the screen suddely went Pinkish in color & the colour changes from pink & then to normal white (normal desktop)....like in a flickering action........donno wat to do.itz quite new...some times the monitor acts normal for a seconf or two but the it appwars pinky again...SOME ONE PLZ HELP ME ABT THIS.........i have a geforce4 mx 440 SE graphics adapter but therez no problem with that i can tell surely that....see wen the signal the "No signal" message appears correctly without any pinkish shade some on plz help

92336_Gavin.'s Response to Siddharth Mishra.'s Review

Written on: 26/04/2003

I decided to purchase the samsung 753s monitor at the end of its production life. So i bought 3 of them for a bargain price. One of them has the problem of tilting horizontaly after about 5 hours of use in 1024 x 768 with a low refresh rate and then after about 12 hours the whole screen suddently will go pink and green with a wave effect.(degauss fixes this) BUT the other two monitors have been great monitors leave them on for days on end without fault. So i think their problem would have soemthing to do with the people on the production line.

91184_Sid.'s Response to Siddharth Mishra.'s Review

Written on: 22/04/2003

Neo,
<br>I bought this monitor when it was a week old in the market and so did two of my friends - we all faced the same problems to some extent- as for agp card and drivers I have GF 4 Ti 4200 from ASUS and detonator 43.51 - don't say anything. The recent lot of monitors may no longer be facing the same problems-monitors are much like automobiles in that respect - and some credit would go to harried users like me who made the idiots at Nehru Place aware of the problem!