Elitegroups K7S6A Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Elitegroups K7S6A - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Elitegroups K7S6A

Elitegroups K7S6A

“had this elitegroups k7s6a board since it first came...”

Written on: 16/09/2009

had this elitegroups k7s6a board since it first came on the market in 2001 = its been excellent!!!!

only snag choose RAM carfully… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Elitegroups K7S6A

“I recently tried setting up a home system for video...”

Written on: 20/09/2003 by belairbandit (1 review written)

I recently tried setting up a home system for video capture using an ECS K7S5A mobo and an Athlon 2400+. It would not work with 512Mb of PC2100 RAM. I was able to get the board to wake up once using 512Mb of PC-133 RAM, received the "battery low CMOS" error. The board thought the CPU was an 1800+. Seconds after this, the CPU smoked. Whatta deal... right. This board is a turkey… Read Full Review

Softwarettsl's Response to belairbandit's Review

Written on: 24/09/2003

Tried it with PC133??!!! I think not....it doesn't have SDRAM 168 pin slots, which PC133 needs.
<br>
<br>By default on first boot, the BIOS settings revert to Duron values. The Duron has a slightly lower core voltage tham the XP, but if you were using a non-Palomino core XP (they changed about 1800+) you will fry the CPU!!! That I think is YOUR fault and not the fault of the mobo!

Dbrucereed's Response to belairbandit's Review

Written on: 06/05/2005

I have a K7S5A motherboard....I found that if you FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS in the provided book, everything works well..I would assume the ***6A would be the same.

Elitegroups K7S6A

“In contrast to the another reviewer here I have built...”

Written on: 10/01/2003 by tone. (1 review written)

In contrast to the another reviewer here I have built 4 music computers for clients and the mobo installed flawlessly. For professional music purposes the SIS 745 chipset packs enormous punch for the dollar. At this price point there is simply no competition. The ASUS equivalent (a7s333) is 10% more expensive (yet still very cheap) and does not compete… Read Full Review

Elitegroups K7S6A

“We build small quantities of computers for schools,...”

Written on: 16/12/2002 by Jan Simpson. (1 review written)

We build small quantities of computers for schools, small businesses and home users. We have had quite a few of these boards in, specifically rev.3.1 and EACH one bar one failed to function properly. I have sourced our supplies from different hardware wholesalers and people like Maplins, and each one comes with problems. The main gripe is that they fail to boot at all. Then if you actually get one which boots, it has a tendency to "forget" which processor is running and revert back to initial… Read Full Review

62767_Kk.'s Response to Jan Simpson.'s Review

Written on: 06/01/2003

Not sure if this review is valid as there is NO version 3 of the ECS K7S6A Motherboard! Here is their motherboard product lineup direct from the Elite website:-
Based on the SiS Chipset -- ATX Form Factor
K7S5A V3.X (SiS® 735 Chipset)
k7S5A+ (SiS® 745 Chipset integrated 1394A with DDR333)
K7S6A (SiS® 745 Chipset integrated 1394A with DDR333)
K7S7AG (SiS® 746 North Bridge)
L7S7A (SiS® 746 North Bridge)
--> as we can see the only Version 3 board mentioned by this reviewer is the K7S5A Board and this board has been widely acclaimed around the world and has won LOTS of awards...Seems like this reviewer may have had some issues unrelated to the board or reviewing another unrelated board altogether!?
Regards.

Runfast's Response to Jan Simpson.'s Review

Written on: 17/02/2005

I had the K7S5A board for about a year and a half, and I could not get it to work properly. I started out with a cheap PSU, but then upgraded to a 420 watt PSU. It didn't solve anything. I ditched the board and bought an Asus motherboard. No problems at all with it, even though I used the same RAM, video and sound cards with it. Sounds like the ECS motherboard was just a piece of garbage, and sounds as though other people had these problems as well.

Papersack's Response to Jan Simpson.'s Review

Written on: 18/10/2003

Oh another thing Jan Simpson, don't buy garbage ram and expect it to run in an athlon system. Garbage ram makes for a garbage computer. Samsung makes TVs and monitors well, not ram. Take for instace hitachi, (also bottom of heap garbage) good tvs garbage hard drives (They manufacture for IBM). Had my drive 1 year, dead. IBM DESKSTARS suck tell your friends dont buy IBM (marked) hard drives.

Papersack's Response to Jan Simpson.'s Review

Written on: 18/10/2003

People I have met using ks75a have NO PROBLEMS!, LIKE MYSELF, NONE! NEVER CRASHED IN A YEAR+! Running crucial ram myself, once at 256 then added a 512, now replaced 256 w/ 512 to give a gb. Posters claim of 256mb incompatability is BULL. Most athlon systems are power sensative, try spending some money and get a new PS if you have problems.
<br>
All real reviews agree that the K7S5A is a great board. Not excellent, but you didnt pay for an excellent board, you paid half.
<br>
<br>ECS needs to get that new SiS chipset in, gonna be hard to beat invidias but I am completely satisfied with my K7S5A.

Ben Keates.'s Response to Jan Simpson.'s Review

Written on: 19/03/2003

I was shocked when I read this review. I built a system around the K7S6A last month and it hasn't crashed once. For 50 quid, it's brilliant. Setting it up was no problem, it's extremely stable and supports all the hardware I am using. I am a home user and use mainly high-end games and Office XP on it. I would give the board 10/10 for value for money and 8/10 for performance. Obviously it's not on the same level as the latest Abit and MSI boards with the VIA chipset, but I would certainly recommend it to anyone on a low-ish budget needing medium-high performance. I'm using an Athlon XP1800+ and 256MB DDR RAM, and a 64Mb GeForce 2 MX440. This board performs better than the Abit KG7 in my other system which has an Athlon Thunderbird 1400, same RAM and 64Mb GeForce 2Ti.

Lloydxmas.'s Response to Jan Simpson.'s Review

Written on: 11/02/2003

I have to agree with Edd and the other comment and say these problems are associated with the k7s5a version. As far as I'm aware there is no rev3.1 of the k7s6a and all the above problems I have encountered myself and like Edd the reason is simple, nothing to do with cooling issues or anything complex but quite simply the k7s5a is a very picky m/b when it comes to power supplies.

69807_Edd.'s Response to Jan Simpson.'s Review

Written on: 02/02/2003

I think you actually mean you are using the k7s5a because all the points you raised are definitely 5a problems and it all comes down to psu to run the 5a well you need a good quality high power psu at least 400w alternatively run the system at 100/100mhz and you get no problems there are other fixes out there. I had a lot of the problems and at present run my 5a at 124/124mhz with the honeyx bios no probs so far, but we'll see how it goes with a high power psu in the near future.

Elitegroups K7S6A

“I bought this K7S6A motherboard by Elitegroups some...”

Written on: 23/10/2002 by judgen. (1 review written)

I bought this K7S6A motherboard by Elitegroups some time ago and with it i replaced my good old faithful servant (Dual 500mhz Xeon SLOT-2) With an Athlon XP 2000+. I tried to boot it up with an BeOS bootdisc but it failed @ finding the Hard drive. I tried all patches but nothing.... Then eventually i gave up and installed the sour operating system by the name "Micro$oft Window$ XP". It booted as i expected and worked perfectly. But when i started Quake 3 i had below 200fps *Rubbish* i thought… Read Full Review