Casio Exilim EX S2 Reviews

Resolution 2.1
Optical Zoom 1
Battery Type Rechargeable

Features:
  • 2-megapixel sensor creates 1,600 x 1,200 images for sharp prints at sizes up to 8 x 10 inches
  • 4x digital zoom autofocus lens
  • Includes 12 MB of built-in memory--also expandable via Secure Digital memory cards
  • Connects with PCs and Macs via USB port
  • Powered by rechargeable lithium ion batter (included)
    Platforms:
    PowerMac, Mac OS 9 and below, Mac OS X, Macintosh, Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP
  • Refine your search

Casio Exilim EX S2

“I have had this Casio Exilim EX S2 camera for years...”

Written on: 10/04/2009

I have had this Casio Exilim EX S2 camera for years and years - it is still going strong and i can rely on it at all times!… Read Full Review

Casio Exilim EX S2

“The Casio Exilim EX S2 is a beautiful digital camera...”

Written on: 03/02/2004 by KindredSpirit (3 reviews written)

The Casio Exilim EX S2 is a beautiful digital camera that produces the goods. Very small but excellent results for a 2 meg camera. Ok so it's not in the same league as my professional SLRs but this camera is like my most favourite pair of faded jeans, it feels just right and is almost a part of me… Read Full Review

Casio Exilim EX S2

“I've been using the Casio Exilim EX S2 camera for a...”

Written on: 11/08/2003 by jamesnoe (2 reviews written)

I've been using the Casio Exilim EX S2 camera for a couple of days and have to say it's great.

The resolution is fine for printing, the features are excellent, even though I work in IT, I would rate the ease of getting it working with Windows XP as easy enough for my Dad to do.

The negative points above would not stop me recommending this camera to anyone else. Cases aren't sold with it as Casio want to make money selling them as add-ons and their prices range from £19.99 to over £80. Since… Read Full Review

Casio Exilim EX S2

“This is not my first digital camera. I have had 4 now...”

Written on: 07/01/2003 by john. (1 review written)

This is not my first digital camera. I have had 4 now each costing anywhere between $600-300. No camera I have found yet has matched this one. It is so small that it can fit anywhere. It also is extremely durable for it's size, whereas I have dropped it on hard surfaces many times and despite a few scratches it still works great with no defects. I personally use it for snowboarding and biking pictures. This is the only digital camera I have found that can take pictures fast enough (frame speed… Read Full Review

Jamesnoe's Response to 63058_john.'s Review

Written on: 11/08/2003

There are cases available from casio retailers. There is a Casio shop in Carnaby Street, London W1 where prices start from £19.99.
    <br>
    <br>Jessops also sell them, though they may need to order them for you.
    <br>
    <br>I wish it came with more than 12MB as standard - though again, memory can be bought quite easily and cheaply

Casio Exilim EX S2

“This is my first major digital camera and I was...”

Written on: 27/12/2002 by Numbersix. (1 review written)

This is my first major digital camera and I was impressed by its size and quality. It has numerous effect, such as black and white and sepia tones and you can record short clips of film too. There IS digital zoom, which is up to 2X magnification. The camera is a doddle to use with a good menu system, which is controlled by a joystick device on the back. This can be slightly fiddly as can the shutter button (which is near the power button). Unlike Kodak cameras, you get a rechargin/transfer… Read Full Review

Casio Exilim EX S2

“This camera is amazing. I thought it just looked...”

Written on: 25/12/2002 by CKN. (1 review written)

This camera is amazing. I thought it just looked cool, but it does an incredible amount of things. The options are countless and I am impressed with the digital zoom, picture quality, and ease of use. This is a great camera for people who would normally use a disposable camera or a 35mm zoom camera. It's great for taking pictures of people without spending a great deal for a higher end camera. If you want better quality or an optical zoom, I recommend you spend the 500-600 dollars to get… Read Full Review

Casio Exilim EX S2

“This is my run-around camera, intended to store...”

Written on: 23/11/2002 by ezusbo. (1 review written)

This is my run-around camera, intended to store documented evidence if somebody goes into the back of my car on a dark night with no witnesses. Having said that, it is highly functional, and takes more than average pictures in most conditions. You don't buy this camera to take professional pictures. However, for this price (or any price), this is the ONLY credit card sized camera I could find which has a built in LCD viewer AND 2 Megapixel resolution AND a rechargeable Lithium battery. Would… Read Full Review

N3Og3O.'s Response to ezusbo.'s Review

Written on: 02/04/2003

I would like to know about the quality for picture shot AT NIGHT. I never seen any review ANYWHERE about the nightShot picture quality. Is it very BAD? or just okay?
    <br>Thank you

85330_Ezusbo.'s Response to ezusbo.'s Review

Written on: 02/04/2003

You should not seriously use this camera for night shots. If you just want party snaps, it should be OK at close range. This is due to inadequate flash power and no manual ISO settings. I used it once for night shots and more or less had to throw away every single shot, but this is because I want to store my photos in an album. The camera is only acceptable in optimal lighting conditions, in my opinion. Having said that, night shots are notoriously difficult to get right, my other camera is a Canon D60, and I still get rubbish night shots at times with it too (you could argue it is me, not the camera).

☆☆☆☆☆
    Casio Exilim EX S2

“This is not my first digital camera - I have been...”

Written on: 28/10/2002 by Ihor Staruch. (1 review written)

This is not my first digital camera - I have been shooting digital for years - but this camera is a total disappointment. In fact, my example is so bad I suspect it is defective and am taking it back for exchange, but I am so put off that I will exchange it for another make if I can… Read Full Review

Randel.'s Response to Ihor Staruch.'s Review

Written on: 31/10/2002

I just purchased the Casio ES2 and I find the camera absolutely remarkable if you're looking for a very small, point and shoot, or document capture camera. As a professional photographer, I wanted something small to take visual notes and also to simply capture friends and fun. I wanted something also with at least 2 megs of pixels. This is it. Colors are accurate, resolution acceptable, easy to use, elegant. I only wish it had an optical zoom but that is not possible given the credit card size--yet. It's a winner.