Gamo Shadow 1000 Reviews

Media Gallery for Gamo Shadow 1000

Gamo Shadow 1000
Gamo Shadow 1000

“Shadow = SLR”

Written on: 02/07/2014 by sniper53 (1 review written)

I bought my Shadow 1000 a few years ago. It came with Gamo sights and cost £189.00. After fitting the Gamo sights and trying set them up I soon discovered that the sights where not up to the job. I changed to "HAWK" sights, these have focal length adjustments to allow for your own vision so you can adjust the focus, and can be adjusted quite easily. After setting the sights I was able to drop American Grey Squirrels at 100 metres,(American Greys are a pest in the UK so you can trap and shoot… Read Full Review

“scope mounting problem”

Written on: 29/04/2014

I've tried to mount 2 different scopes on my shadow 1000 and the optics will not align with the barrel. I suspect the mounting grooves are misaligned, but has anyone else ever experienced anything like this on a shaeow 1000? I like the rifle otherwise… Read Full Review

Wilson2's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2014

When you say the scopes wont align with barrel do you mean that you cant zero the scope(s)?I have a Shadow RSV and that has a slight amount of barrel droop which normally means you cant get enough adjustment on the elevation adjuster of the scope with standard mounts.If that's the problem you've got you need to buy a droop compensation mount.They cost about £25 .Some people shim the bottom half of the rear mount instead as it's cheaper alternative but this can distort the scope tube.

“a really good gun,,excellent with BSA essential sites”

Written on: 26/03/2013

it actually reminds of the SLR we used in the army back in the day,,,looks ver similar,,the plastick stock and but feel pretty much the same.imo,,the build quality is good,,the trigger on mine is fine,,a 2 stage trigger,,that once ye take the pressure from the first step,,its a simple sqeeze to let the lead fly,,,accurate as hellb with the bsa essential sites, i took out a wood pigion at about 60 yards,,,no problem,,the thing dropped like a brick so was killed outrite, i can,t comment on the… Read Full Review

what the best range to scope in the gamo shadow 1000 177

Barndoorat10Foot's Comment

Written on: 29/05/2013

ic say about 35yds then you can aim high or low but at the end of the day it depends on how good you are at (a) shooting (b) judging distance. good luck.

“accurat, pwerfull, lightweight ,comfotable...”

Written on: 15/03/2013

i m using shadow1000 .22cal its accurate..dont think dont ask about any other guns.go and purchase only gamo1000… Read Full Review

“Its handling is great and comfortable. Its accurate....”

Written on: 22/08/2012 by Miku208 (2 reviews written)

Its handling is great and comfortable. Its accurate. Its all that you need in an air rifle. Gamo Shadow 1000 … Read Full Review

“Excellent gun at a reasonable price with easy to find...”

Written on: 26/07/2012 by vict0r (1 review written)

Excellent gun at a reasonable price with easy to find parts and simple to use… Read Full Review

“Gamo Shadow 1000 in .177”

Written on: 27/06/2012

To evaluate any airgun you have to have a broad experience with other airguns. I've seen too many firearms shooters buy an airgun and rate it against their firearm experience. I've had a variety of spring piston airguns over the past 35-years in a variety of brand names and country of manufacture. As these go, the Shadow 1000 ranks favorably. It has the advertised 1000fps power with a regular lead pellet, is sturdily built and is accurate. It's also relatively cheap as high power air… Read Full Review

what the best range to scope it in

“very poor ”

Written on: 08/06/2012

bought a gamo shadow 1000 a short while ago just for use in the garden really so took it to my land to shoot first before attempting anything in the back yard ......... lucky i did spring noise is so loud its unreal the hollow stock dosent help this!!!!! i also found it unreliable the accuracy is poor ive shot for many years and i use an air arms s410 along with other springers i had an smk 19 which was cheaper by a fraction was quieter and far more accurate. but to be fair the overall looks… Read Full Review

“SMALL GAME HUNTING RIFLE ALL THE WAY!!”

Written on: 11/04/2012

The shadow 1000 is a great air rifle for shooters that have had some experience with shooting . The shadow workes best with 4*32 scopes , 3-9*40 scopes , very important to get a gamo scope stop or have a mount that has a recoil screw ! I found that it shootes best with gamo pro hunter or H&N hollowpoint . I would recommend using the pro hunters as they provide both high accuracy , impact/penetration and range . Never spray oil in the cylinder (spring area ) of the gun , causes damage to piston… Read Full Review

Johnroberts38's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2012

Very instructive review, advice given can prevent problems for the beginner, I have recently bought the rifle , now I have to purchase the correct pellets and cleaning equipment, thank you for advice.

“great gun spot on”

Written on: 29/03/2012 by andyboyle123 (1 review written)

just brought a shadow 1000 .22 and have got a 4x32 scope and can get good grouping at 25yrds. and its good when i take it up the farm. i would say it all about the ability of the person using the gun… Read Full Review

“it's not good i spent 1000 round down the bloody...”

Written on: 26/01/2011

it's not good i spent 1000 round down the bloody thing for it not to settle then the forehand stock broke then the trigger went and the spring noise is unbearable even when the stock is packed it's still got to much vibration and it's just !!!it's a crying shame it could be the best in the world IV spent as much fixing it as i did when i bought it… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/05/2011

Treat it nice! The shadow 1000s are a very nice gun for the price. If you do a little looking, there are plenty of mods you can do to that gun to make it a wonderful shooter! Makes me think that you got one that had a fractured stock or something. I do know the triggers used to be metal, then they swapped over to a plastic trigger. Bad move IMHO. You can put a very good trigger in for not much money!! Do it, you'll never look back!

Written on: 01/04/2012

if its not that good y put 4 stars???, that dnt make sense, how ur making it sound it like a 1-2 stars

“Shadow 1000 was the rifle i learned to shoot on, it...”

Written on: 27/10/2010

Shadow 1000 was the rifle i learned to shoot on, it took me a few thousand rounds to nail it, but it was and still is my gun of choice for short to medium range shooting, both target and hunting.
In my experience, if you look after the gun well, keep the barrel clean, and use good gun oil, and if you can get your hands on it-009 gun cleaning fluid. I am now one of the top marksmen in my area, and can honestly owe that to the gun!!! top class!! BEST GUN I HAVE EVER OWNED!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

what the best range to scope it in

“I have used my 4.5mm Shadow 1000 with 4x32 scope and a...”

Written on: 16/10/2010

I have used my 4.5mm Shadow 1000 with 4x32 scope and a silencer for Indian Mynah control for over 6 years. It took about 1000 rounds to settle down and stop dieseling - so buy some cheap pellets and shoot cans for a while - AVOID ALL OIL IN CYLINDER. The best ammo so far has been H&N Hollow Point - they shoot fast and flat , not much expansion but good penetration and energy transfer - perfect for head shots at 10-20m. It doesnt like heavy pellets or the plastic hunting things.
Grouping is very… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/11/2011

Hey bud I have a shadow 1000 with a scope to , and I wanted to know where did you get your silencer , or is it home made?

“Gamo has no customer service, it you buy one your on...”

Written on: 05/10/2010

Gamo has no customer service, it you buy one your on your own and Gamo will only sell you parts not take care of anything… Read Full Review

“I am nearing the beginning of my second squirrel...”

Written on: 09/09/2010

I am nearing the beginning of my second squirrel season with my gamo whisperer. I recently bought an Armour Furniture Cabinet and converted it into a gun cabinet whereby I learned I own somewhere around 25 shotguns & rifles. I can honestly say that my whisperer is one of my top five all time favorites guns. Last season I bagged 29 fox squirrels with my whisperer an got to where I would aim for the eye and was continuously amazed with the accuracy. I have been practicing this year in… Read Full Review

Metalhead2K12's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2012

and thats how the cookie crumbles

“Exellent rifle, I had a hatson 1000ft/s and let me...”

Written on: 27/07/2010

Exellent rifle, I had a hatson 1000ft/s and let me tell U there is nothing better. I had a grouping where I cut 3 pellets in the bulls eye at 35m. The problem that people make is they buy pellets of any kind and then they blame the rifle if it's grouping is bad. I shoot with my gamo shadow and only uses gamo rocket pellets and I brought down a 45 kg spotted deere. I can sent photo's on request my e-mail adress is as follows pretoriushenry@gmail.com The deere was about 35m from me and I shot it… Read Full Review

Cbbr2007's Comment

Written on: 28/04/2011

I found this review not helpful because...he must be joking he should get in the reel world and smoking whatever it is.

Written on: 29/05/2011

Good shooting sir! It takes an excellent eye and knowing exactly where and at what angle to shoot to accomplish such a feat.

“i got the gamo shadow 1000 for almost a year now, i...”

Written on: 22/06/2010

i got the gamo shadow 1000 for almost a year now, i got no scope on it but i can hit everything within 15 meters, can almost hit everything whitin 20 meters, 30 meters is not easy, but two at three times i hit. 40 meters is so hard. but i did it!!

this rifle is awesome although it doesn't look like that… Read Full Review

“got this rifle today, absolutley love it. got it with...”

Written on: 01/05/2010 by NitroGary0 (16 reviews written)

got this rifle today, absolutley love it. got it with the intention of going target shooting, and it does seem quite accurat out of the box. Going to get a scope but the open sights seem really good. Took it to my friend flying club, on the way home from the shop, couldn't get it back for a while, i think there could be a few more sales coming, should have negotiated some sort of commision lol.
If your thinking about this gun, get it you wont be dissappointed… Read Full Review

“I bought a Shadow 1000 seven years ago. I did this on...”

Written on: 02/12/2009

I bought a Shadow 1000 seven years ago. I did this on the recommendation of my neighbor. He is a serious hunter, getting a deer just about every year. He uses his Shadow mainly for chipmunk--ground squirrel--control. For the money, I said, "Why not." Let me tell you, it was my first springer pellet gun, and the best air rifle I ever owned. Yeah, the trigger has creep, but for the money and the varmit control it has proved itself invaluable. Recently, the stock cracked in-two at the… Read Full Review

“I have had air rifles of all kinds. This one is...”

Written on: 24/11/2009 by acese (2 reviews written)

I have had air rifles of all kinds. This one is lousy!! It has the worst trigger of anything I have ever shot, and the way that it vibrates, and the ridiculous noise that it makes when fired, make it unacceptable. I cannot consistantly group 2" @ 75 feet, I hold 1/2" with my Crossman. Will sell w/ scope for cheap.

Michaela05's Response to acese's Review

Written on: 25/03/2010

I found this review not helpful because...I honestly do not agree with acese's review, I have also owned many air rifles and other real rifles. From .22 mag, all the way up to a .50 BMG. Have hunted squirrel to elk and moose etc. And all of the smaller game i've hunted has been with my Gamo Shadow 1000. I have not had 1 problem, with accuracy,or handling although its true about a little creep and the noise maybe after very extensive use. But all&all this gun for the price one shouldn't complaine. Thanks MH from brockton ma.