Lexmark Z51 Reviews

• Quality

Lexmark Z51 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Lexmark Z51

“Johnk967”

Written on: 05/05/2014 by 242Bateman (1 review written)

Really wonderful information can be found on web blog. beddfdeebcbf… Read Full Review

Lexmark Z51

“Stil Haus Kitchens Vance Miller”

Written on: 11/02/2014 by ngopiyuk (1 review written)

Stil Haus Kitchens Vance Miller. Vance Miller does not own or operate Still Haus Kitchens. Stilhaus Kitchens is a UK firm and Vance Miller runs a Chinese kitchen manufacturing company… Read Full Review

Lexmark Z51

“I'm very upset with Lexmark on this one. Ordered a...”

Written on: 14/05/2009

I'm very upset with Lexmark on this one. Ordered a Lexmark Z51 for a customer who needed a reliable fax… Read Full Review

Lexmark Z51

“Bought this Lexmark Z51 Inkjet Printer for...”

Written on: 13/02/2004 by dwatt (1 review written)

Bought this Lexmark Z51 Inkjet Printer for photoquality. Even when new, it was never brilliant. Colour printing now never prints red, even with new cartridges. Unreliable, expensive cartridges, which clog up all the time. OK for B&W if you don't print anything in bold - it will never dry.
Rubbish, don't buy one, even second-hand… Read Full Review

Lexmark Z51

“I have stopped using my Lexmark Z51 inkjet printer...”

Written on: 24/01/2004 by gusLowRider (1 review written)

I have stopped using my Lexmark Z51 inkjet printer altogether because of the cost of the cartridges. If you use it sporadically like I do you will find the cartridge is unusable - at £20+ each for B&W and more more colour I do not think it is acceptable… Read Full Review

Lexmark Z51

“Black ink NEVER dries...even after days, weeks,...”

Written on: 21/11/2002 by Joe. (1 review written)

Black ink NEVER dries...even after days, weeks, months...it still smudges. I've even tried on the best quality inkjet paper! Still smudges, for months after!… Read Full Review

Lexmark Z51

“There are lots better inkjet printers around than the...”

Written on: 06/04/2002 by brownie. (1 review written)

There are lots better inkjet printers around than the Lexmark Z51… Read Full Review

Lexmark Z51

“I am very discouraged by the cartridge drying up...”

Written on: 17/03/2002 by glenn. (1 review written)

I am very discouraged by the cartridge drying up prematurely on my Lexmark Z51 inkjet printer. This happens no matter how the printer is shut down. I am considering another printer. The cartridges cost me more than the printer!… Read Full Review

19233_Ken.'s Response to 16145_glenn.'s Review

Written on: 14/04/2002

When I press print it says "Problem communicating with the printer", I've done everything, even used diff machines! Any assistance will allow me to claw back some of the money I think I've wasted on Lexmark. Sorry but its not user fault.
<br><br>
<br><br>I printed once, just fine. Next time I went to use it - no way. Suggestions anyone?

Lexmark Z51

“Drying up cartrigdes seems to be a general problem...”

Written on: 31/01/2002 by ginghis. (1 review written)

Drying up cartrigdes seems to be a general problem with the Lexmark Z51 inkjet printer. I have a Canon BJC4400 that I am looking to replace because this problem is so severe that it takes only a few days for a new cartridge to dry up. Talking to Canon technical support & E-mail has not helped… Read Full Review

13316_Ginghis.'s Response to ginghis.'s Review

Written on: 20/02/2002

The problem is probably due to shutting down the printer from the switch on the power bar instead of the button on the printer. The print head does not then return to "home" where it is sealed against air that would dry it out.

Lexmark Z51

“What can i say, the Lexmark z51 is a decent enough...”

Written on: 17/12/2001 by Vinnie. (1 review written)

What can i say, the Lexmark z51 is a decent enough printer when it decides to work. I must admit i have not as yet tried Lexmark support, if Matt & Shelagh's comments are true, i don't think i will. Constant problems with "will it work or not today" is enough to upset anyone, i would love to have been able to give help with an answer..... but i can't.
I would like to ask Lexmark to try a little harder & state which versions (Windows 95/98/200/ME etc) their product is totaly suitable for, & how… Read Full Review

Lexmark Z51

“I've had problems with this printer from step one. ...”

Written on: 02/11/2001 by Matt. (1 review written)

I've had problems with this printer from step one. First off the ink dries up several times a year (about 6 to be exact). It seems as if the holder for the ink cartridge doesn't have a tight enough seal around it to prevent open air from drying out the ink.
The printer driver for windows 9x is flawed. Several times I have gone into MSWord only to find that the printer driver is no longer present. After rebooting, the printer driver is sometimes present and sometimes not.
I've recently… Read Full Review

6967_Shelagh.'s Response to 5436_Matt.'s Review

Written on: 08/12/2001

And there was I thinking I was the only user with these problems. I had a wonderful Lexmark 150c but Lexmark wouldn't produce a new driver. I ended up buying the Z51. What a mistake!
<br> It's a pain in the rear end and Lexmark email help is an absolute waste of time. They answer
<br>questions you don't ask and don't answer questions you do. I thought your score was generous.
<br>I'll never recommend Lexmark. On the contrary I'll posively discourage anyone from buying one.

Biglouie.'s Response to 5436_Matt.'s Review

Written on: 14/11/2002

I agree with the other reviewer. I have received the spoolsv.exe error in Windows 2000 on this printer even after installing the firmware. Tech support said that it would be $15 for tech support. I declined their offer. I am now unable to use any printer.

16940_Sarah.'s Response to 5436_Matt.'s Review

Written on: 24/03/2002

I have a Z52 with the same spotty printing problem, even with brand new cartridges and trying all the tech support recommenadtions. Looking to replace the printer. It wont be a Lexmark.

Lexmark Z51

“This priter is of good quality and man is it fast. It...”

Written on: 14/09/2000 by Grizz. (1 review written)

This priter is of good quality and man is it fast. It has a usb connection is of standard physical size and man is it fast. The image quality is excellent for text and picture quality is right up there to. The soft ware and drivers are easy to install and work great. The size of the ink cartriges are larger too so you won't have to change them as often. The price for the ink cartriges are right around the same as Epson and HP. This priter is a great deal you will like it… Read Full Review