Volkswagen Golf 1.6 S Reviews

Volkswagen Golf 1.6 S - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Volkswagen Golf 1.6 S

Volkswagen Golf 1.6 S
Volkswagen Golf 1.6 S

“My Volkswagen Golf 1.6 S is a 1999 model which I've...”

Written on: 05/03/2009 by mattg8179 (1 review written)

My Volkswagen Golf 1.6 S is a 1999 model which I've had for eight years, since it was two. It's been very reliable until last Christmas when the water pump broke, but hey, it took 100,000 miles to break it.

Other unexpected problems have included:
* Brake pipe leak,
* Electric window jammed.
* Lambda sensor failed (but again, at 100,000 miles).
* Fault with radio - it sometimes (not always) keeps cutting out every few minutes. Just enough to be occasionally annoying, but not bad enough to bother… Read Full Review

“I have owned my Golf for just over 1 yr and have had...”

Written on: 19/07/2005 by Rawflava (1 review written)

I have owned my Golf for just over 1 yr and have had any difficulties with. I am more than happy with this vehicle and would recommend anybody to get one. However I do miss the performance of my MK3 GTi (ie my previous vehicle) therefore my only regrets are that I wished I had opted for the GTi MK4… Read Full Review

“The S model of the Volkswagen Golf family car is...”

Written on: 30/09/2004 by chrisgorman (1 review written)

The S model of the Volkswagen Golf family car is extremely basic (maybe I would have been happier with a higher spec model? My first dissappointment was the stereo, there are 4 speaker grills in the car (so one would have thought that meant 4 speakers?) not so...only 2!...dissappointing for a music lover such as myself.

Secondly, no rear headrests

Thirdly no cup holder (crucial if like me you work in the car!)...VW wanted to charge me £100 for a new holder inc the £75 fitting fee....highway… Read Full Review