Volkswagen Golf 1.4 S Reviews

• Reliability

Volkswagen Golf 1.4 S - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Volkswagen Golf 1.4 S

Volkswagen Golf 1.4 S

“A good solid, reliable and strong car”

Written on: 03/05/2012

I inherited a VW Golf 2006 1.4 S model and found the car to be well built and a pleasure to drive. I had no mechanica problems with the car and have part exchanged this for a new 1.2 TSI Golf. I found it hard to find a car that could better ther Golf when I looked around when I decided to changethis car… Read Full Review

“Best car I have driven and have part exchanged my 2006...”

Written on: 25/10/2010

Best car I have driven and have part exchanged my 2006 Golf for a new 2010 one. Was reliable and drove very well… Read Full Review

“Bought the new Volkswagen Golf 1.4 last year and I...”

Written on: 13/05/2009

Bought the new Volkswagen Golf 1.4 last year and I think its great. The new dark blue colour is very smart. The engine performance for me is just right… Read Full Review

“ The Volkswagen Golf 1.4 S is not bad for comfort,...”

Written on: 06/04/2009

The Volkswagen Golf 1.4 S is not bad for comfort, and the gearbox is nice and solid. However, unless you are happy to rev this above 4000 all the time, there is absolutely no grunt, and the 14 seconds 0-60 is optimistic at the least! Not the best VW at all!… Read Full Review

“Volkswagen Golf 1.4 S: I have had a problem with...”

Written on: 03/04/2004 by marie duignan (1 review written)

Volkswagen Golf 1.4 S: I have had a problem with battery going dead, for no reason. It has happened 3 times in less than one year, and I can get no answers from me dealers, which were great when purchasing the car but the after service is nil… Read Full Review

165842_Mariuszus's Response to marie duignan's Review

Written on: 14/08/2004

i have had the same problem and i cut off original immobiiser, and it`s ok. but it`s only six months since this operation.
<br>i built my own "cut of spark" immobiliser instead but it`s not necessery.

Obrien350's Response to marie duignan's Review

Written on: 27/04/2011

Bought a golf, with 50 miles on it from Stafford vw, got it home, next day didn't start at 8.30 in the morning, tried again at 10.30 and it did, vw assistance man said no explanation, except it's colder at 8.30 in the morning, then it is so under powererd my car only gets to 75 mph top speed, vw aftersales are absolutely useless, they forgot to put service manuals in, it's took 3 months to get new ones.

282046_Sadique's Response to marie duignan's Review

Written on: 15/03/2007

I bought a golf last week and my battery has died out on me almost every day.

Bilowe's Response to marie duignan's Review

Written on: 20/09/2004

I have also had problems with battery going flat on my 1.4E golf. I have found that the alternator is lazy and engine needs to be revved to around 3000rpm before alternator will charge. I have jumped into my car many a time forgeting to do this, driving easily (less than 3000rpm) and the battery has died about 2miles down the road