Toyota Yaris 1.0 16V GS Reviews

Media Gallery for Toyota Yaris 1.0 16V GS

Toyota Yaris 1.0 16V GS
Toyota Yaris 1.0 16V GS

“Most reliable car”

Written on: 18/04/2013 by bracman (1 review written)

I bought my 1.0 GS new, first registered 1/4/01. It was built in Japan, not France as some were. I still use this car on a daily basis, both around town and on the motorway, for my daily commute. the car has covered 100150 miles. It is the most reliable car I have ever owned. It is almost as it came out of the factory; it still has the original battery and clutch. The original rear shoes were only replaced two weeks ago during the annual service. Other replacement parts include the catalytic… Read Full Review

“Hello. I bought my 10 year old Yaris GS 1.0 VVTi 4...”

Written on: 20/01/2011

Hello. I bought my 10 year old Yaris GS 1.0 VVTi 4 months ago. It had 40000 genuine miles which took priority over it's tatty appearance and age. Yes it looks tired due to it's various scratches, dents and dull black paintwork, but it drives like new, without a rattle or bang and the engine at tickover is whisper quiet.

I bought a Yaris as no other small car in my price range could hold a candle to it. It is stupidly cheap to insure, reliabilty is second to none, it is relatively safe (4 star… Read Full Review

“Legendary Toyota reliability in a small car package...”

Written on: 10/11/2008 by cscarlsson (1 review written)

Legendary Toyota reliability in a small car package that's hard to beat.
We moved from an Avensis to a 1 litre Yaris GS in a bid to save some money. We now get over 45mpg for the short journeys we do compared to around 27mpg we were getting from a 2.0l Avensis.
The Yaris feels bigger and wider to drive than my BMW 123d M-Sport which after driving the Yaris feels pretty claustrophobic. This is achieved by toyota using similar principles to those of Alec Issigonis who designed the original… Read Full Review

“Before I bought the Toyota Yaris I test drove the S...”

Written on: 24/07/2006 by shiftybushman (2 reviews written)

Before I bought the Toyota Yaris I test drove the S model and was mesmerised by the telescopic digital speedometer which looked like it was being projected from somewhere in the middle of the engine. As well as being really cool, this is also a safety feature since you don't have to adjust your focus so much from the road to see your speed. In this day and age of speed cameras, a digital speedo is essential.

After test-driving the S I searched hard for a GS since it would be a pain not to have… Read Full Review

182801_Clair's Response to shiftybushman's Review

Written on: 24/07/2006

In relation to your car not being good at overtaking and your suggestion of a 1.3, I would say don't bother as I have the 1.4 Corolla and I struggle to overtake everything including a tractor!

“Brilliant car, it's my mums actually, but I learned to...”

Written on: 10/08/2005 by GeorgieKL (6 reviews written)

Brilliant car, it's my mums actually, but I learned to drive in it, and it's fantastic. Has some cool features, like digital speedo and LOADS of different storage ideas.
My mum has back trouble, and the seats are brilliantly comfortable. It is also easy to get in and out of the car, as its quite high. It feels like you're in a people carrier at first!
The only drawback is that the 1 litre engine, can be very slow to accelerate… Read Full Review

“Having bought the Toyota Yaris 1.0 16v GS a couple of...”

Written on: 06/03/2003 by Oliver Keating. (1 review written)

Having bought the Toyota Yaris 1.0 16v GS a couple of years ago and I am very pleased with it.

Despite only having a 1.0 litre engine it pulls surprisingly well. If I drive carefully I can get 56mpg on the trip computer - the best fuel consumption of any car I have ever driven.

The rear seats slide backwards and forewards, you can make them look larger at the expense of rear passenger legroom and vice versa.

And the rear seats also completely tip up - provided no one is sitting in the back… Read Full Review

110869_P.'s Response to 77806_Oliver Keating.'s Review

Written on: 26/06/2003

Brilliant review couldn't agree more! I'm a driving instructor, my pupils love the car...
<br>looks good, easy to drive, love the digital display!

364815_Hayley840's Response to 77806_Oliver Keating.'s Review

Written on: 07/05/2008

i am looking to buy one and i found ur information usefull as i want to know if it was reliable and economical thankyou

165045_Siltec's Response to 77806_Oliver Keating.'s Review

Written on: 05/08/2004

Totally agree. does surprisingly well on long runs. Now at 65000 miles and no problems.
<br>
<br>I like the digital speedo.

Scallywag's Response to 77806_Oliver Keating.'s Review

Written on: 30/08/2003

I agree wholeheartdly, I bought my Yaris august 2003 and it is a delight. I bought mine from RRG toyota in Solford and the sales service didn't match the build of the car, I would never patronise them again. But, the car is super.