Toyota RAV4 1.8 NV 3dr Reviews

• Reliability

Toyota RAV4 1.8 NV 3dr - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Toyota RAV4 1.8 NV 3dr

Toyota RAV4 1.8 NV 3dr

“is my 1.8 rav insured as a 4x4. ”

Written on: 18/09/2013

it seems very vague when you speak to people, garages included when you tell them you're rav4 is two wheel drive, what about insurance do they know ?… Read Full Review

“I have driven the Toyota RAV4 2001 (1.8, 2 wheel drive...”

Written on: 11/08/2003 by tim weeks (1 review written)

I have driven the Toyota RAV4 2001 (1.8, 2 wheel drive version)on a number of ocassions(belongs to a friend). Great fun to drive, very responsive.
Its downfall, however, is that I found the steering too light (at one point I nearly lost control) and therefore the drive uninvolving. It's not what I would call a drivers car. Also, the gears are somewhat clunky.
The seats are very comfortable on long journeys and the cabin is roomy(I'm just over 6 feet tall) and made of high-grade plastics… Read Full Review

“I brought rav4 in june 2001 and have never regreted...”

Written on: 02/07/2003 by edwado. (1 review written)

I brought rav4 in june 2001 and have never regreted the purschase. Its only the base model, but it had everything I needed, auto, air, alarm and recently I got a tow bar fitted. It is totally reliable and can bet any CRV, X-Trail hand downs at the lights. Does "Giorgina Holland"
really knows what she's talking about, maybe it was a 'lada niva 4X4' she brought not a rav4… Read Full Review

“My 2001 Toyota RAV4 4x4 car kept breaking down and it...”

Written on: 31/05/2002 by Giorgina Holland. (1 review written)

My 2001 Toyota RAV4 4x4 car kept breaking down and it had to go back to the garage 11 times in 5 weeks.
I am really disappointed with this 4x4, never ever buy one… Read Full Review

27487_Andrew Popkin.'s Response to Giorgina Holland.'s Review

Written on: 12/06/2002

I am surprised by this review, given that the 2001 RAV4 has been recently voted the MOST reliable car in England. Unfortunately the reviewer has neglected to state the nature of the fault for which the car had to be returned to the garage. My vehicle is nearly a year old and has been 100% fault free.
<br>If the reviewer thought the car was ugly, why buy it in the first place? In my opinion, the car looks great, and is streets ahead of it's most recent rival the X-Trail. The reviewer does not mention what engine the car has, but mine has the 147BHP Celica unit with an auto box and permanent 4WD, and I find the performance more than adequate. It will effortlessly cruise at the legal limit, and is sprightly in town, with a car like ride quality.
<br>I suggest that any prospective purchasers should not give too much credence to this wholly negative review, as I would recomend the RAV4 without hesitation to anybody wishing to purchase in this market sector.
<br>In the end, go and try it for yourself, and if you think it's ugly, buy something else.

Chris100575's Response to Giorgina Holland.'s Review

Written on: 24/06/2004

I've owned my 1995 Rav4 for over a year, and have had no problems with it. The only work it's needed was for new tyres and brake pads.
<br>
<br>The performance is more than adequate, even on the steep country roads where I live, and it will cruise happily on the motorway.
<br>
<br>As for the looks, that is subjective, but why buy a car you think is ugly?

107515_Yash.'s Response to Giorgina Holland.'s Review

Written on: 15/06/2003

I,VE HAD ONE FOR 15 MONTHS, A SPECIAL ORDER FROM THE FACTORY THAT I HAD TO WAIT 7 MONTHS FOR. ITS NEVER GONE WRONG. I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE GEORGINA,SORRY I MEAN GIORGINA.

Eagle11.'s Response to Giorgina Holland.'s Review

Written on: 15/04/2003

I have spent countless hours reading every review on this truck, I must say this is the only one that makes you want to read it. I have not bought the rav 4 yet and I am a little concerned about the noise everyone keeps talking about, this post really scares me too.
<br>I love the way it looks and will most likely purchase it on looks alone.

83366_Duane.'s Response to Giorgina Holland.'s Review

Written on: 26/03/2003

I have owned aRav4 for a year now and I find it to be the most reliable and enjoyable car I have ever owned.Mine is the VX model with auto box and 2 litre petrol engine it is very lively around town and cruises effortlessly on the motorway I find it both comfortable and a joy to drive and totaly reliable.
<br>Sincereley Yours
<br>Anthony Biggs

Shug.'s Response to Giorgina Holland.'s Review

Written on: 13/01/2003

I tend to agree with Chris's comment, the only fault I have come across is the "RAV 4 rattle" which was quite easy to fix and in the 4 months I've had the car it has been 100% reliable

46535_Chris.'s Response to Giorgina Holland.'s Review

Written on: 27/10/2002

I do not believe that the person has ever owned a Rav4, the points made are too ludicrous. Who would buy a car that they thought ugly, and if so surely must have had a test drive and realised how it performed. I totally disagree with every point that the reviewer has made, but then again I do own one.