Mercedes Benz E Class 320 Elegance Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Mercedes Benz E Class 320 Elegance - Ask a question now

“After owning several MB cars over the years, I...”

Written on: 23/08/2005 by Jag2000 (2 reviews written)

After owning several MB cars over the years, I purchased a MB E320 Cdi car in April 2004. They overcharged me with the car road tax to begin with, 13 months???

There has been a knocking noise since the day I bought it, it has been back nine times to MB to fix this fault without success. I have taken the car to two different MB garages and they have replaced the entire suspension system several times, and still the noise is there each time I take it over any uneven roads and especially speed… Read Full Review

“I moved from a BMW 328i to the 01 Mercedes Benz E...”

Written on: 04/03/2005 by EBROOKS (17 reviews written)

I moved from a BMW 328i to the 01 Mercedes Benz E Class 320 Elegance xecutive Car mainly due to boredom--I'd had three BMW's and was ready for a change. At first I didn't like the change too much--missed the sport handling of the Beemer. But after a few months the MB grew on me and now I like the well organized amenities and overall quality. For examples, despite its generally great qualities, (1) the BMW speedometer was off by 3 to 5 mph (depending on speed), which I never really got used to… Read Full Review

Ebrooks's Response to EBROOKS's Review

Written on: 05/08/2006

I'm at 130,000 now without any problems to mention. As soon as the car was out of warranty I (luckily) found an excellent independent shop. They charge about half of what M Benz does and are much more helpful/approachable. I can go into the shop and inspect the remaining brake pad wear with the mechanic while the car is on the hoist, for example.
<br/>
<br/>I replaced the front brake pads a little after 100,000. The rear pads were still serviceable. I came back at about 125,000 and the rear pads didn&#039;t show any additional wear! The mechanic accused me of dragging my feet out of the car to stop it!
<br/>
<br/>I commute on highways so there is little braking.
<br/>
<br/>I am now having some minor problems with the computerized ignition keys which are intermittant opening the door locks. I am monitoring this, but the manual override means the problem is not of any real significance.
<br/>
<br/>I continue getting average 27--28 mpg highway with 30,000 on the plugs installed after 100,000. These are 100,000 mile plugs, with aviation-style side electrodes (two per plug).
<br/>
<br/>The car does not use oil between changes (15,000 miles).

“From what I hear, my experience with a 2000 model...”

Written on: 30/01/2005 by pheasant (1 review written)

From what I hear, my experience with a 2000 model Mercedes Benz E Class 320 Elegance estate executive car is pretty typical.

My car has major surface rust on its bonnet, rear wings + wheelarches, all four doors, and the rear tailgate. In addition, the roof and bonnet are peppered with small blisters under the paint, all of which are heading towards eruptions of one kind or another. MB assure me these are 'stone chips' - utter nonsense of course, but that's MB for you.

Recent model Mercedes… Read Full Review

189237_Rose1212's Response to pheasant's Review

Written on: 14/04/2005

My 2001 E320 MB has pitted paint on the hood, trunk and roof. Said to say this $55,000 heap of junk needs a new paint job. When complaining to the dealership it's like we have 2 heads!!!! They just look and say it must be my fault. H E L L O !!!!!! Why not a class action suit? Anyone interested?

Timn's Response to pheasant's Review

Written on: 11/12/2005

I have a 2001 Avantgarde Estate and this review confirms my problems with the corrosion on my car: - tailgate, roof, doorframe. Add to that the most tempermental electrical system I've ever had the misfortune to encounter, arrogant dealers that charge prices that you couldn't make up - how about just under £300 to change the spark plugs! I could go on with listing the problems I've had but won't. If this vehicle carried a Daewoo (sorry, Chevrolet) badge I'd be disgusted at the quality for the price, but M-B? They are having a laugh. It is my first and definitely last "Benz".
<br>
<br>If Newton was still around, he'd have written a law for it:
<br>
<br>M-B + Quality = Myth

“I have owned various Mercedes Benz executive cars for...”

Written on: 19/10/2004 by bray1120 (1 review written)

I have owned various Mercedes Benz executive cars for twenty years now and they keep getting better. I have had my current 2003 Mercedes Benz E Class 320 Elegance for over a year now and I haven't had any problems whatsoever. It's truly a joy to drive. Although they are a little expensive the price really hasn't changed much in the last 15 years. You get what you pay for. If you want a quality built car that drives like a dream I highly recommend this car… Read Full Review