Mercedes Benz E Class 240 Classic Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Mercedes Benz E Class 240 Classic - Ask a question now

“The Mercedes Benz E Class 240 Classic is a brilliant...”

Written on: 03/09/2006 by 036021 (1 review written)

The Mercedes Benz E Class 240 Classic is a brilliant car! I highly recommend it, it's very easy to drive and handle. In difficult conditions the car can practically drive for you. If you have got that little extra money, definitely go for the new S or ML.

E Class is a great car!!!… Read Full Review

“In terms of ride, this Mercedes Benz E Class 240...”

Written on: 04/10/2004 by jacob88 (1 review written)

In terms of ride, this Mercedes Benz E Class 240 Classic executive car does well and within expectations. However, in the 2 years of ownership, it requires visits to the workshops that I never had with Japanese cars.
Firstly, I rear-ended another car in what I felt was a braking malfunction. A check with the mechanic revealed that the braking system was in the process of being recalled. Sent that in and got the Borsch braking system replaced. Would have cost me about $7,000 if not being… Read Full Review

Mstock442's Response to jacob88's Review

Written on: 02/05/2005

Assuming this is the new shape Merc, I am sorry to hear of all your problems, none of which I have experienced, may be it was a Friday afternoon car!

Jagmeet Singh Saggu's Response to jacob88's Review

Written on: 01/07/2005

Wow, I own a W210 series E240 Elegance. I've never had any problems with it, and many regard it to be the last of the solidly built Mercedes. I whole-heartedly agree, but it looks like you unfortunately got a bad example! If it's the new E-class you own, I'm still surprised. Buttons falling off?! That is simply not right! If you ever get another E-class, try and get a low mileage or a brand new one. I'm sure you won't come across any of the problems you have encountered with your current car.