Land Rover Freelander 2.0 TD4 GS Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Land Rover Freelander 2.0 TD4 GS - Ask a question now

“Bought a 3 door hard back that was just over a year...”

Written on: 06/09/2010

Bought a 3 door hard back that was just over a year old & 8k or so miles on it in jan 2003. Now its 2010, still got it, bought a soft top for the summer which is good fun going to the beach. Tow a boat a lot with it. Now going past 235k miles. Only problem had is fuel pump over front left wing. replaced it twiced. self serviced not to regularily.
Cant recommend these vehicles enough.

“I love my Freelander! Awesome drive! Great offRoad, i...”

Written on: 30/07/2010

I love my Freelander! Awesome drive! Great offRoad, i have even impressed my friends who have LandCruisers:) Only problem i had, had to replace the injectors due to water in the Diesol, and the warrenty covered half of that which i didn't mind and a airflow sensor that was broken and i never payed anything for the new one or the fitment:) Great Car upgrading to the Discovery3 soon:)… Read Full Review

“I've had my Freelander 2.0TD4 SE Hardback (facelifted...”

Written on: 25/08/2009

I've had my Freelander 2.0TD4 SE Hardback (facelifted 2004 model) for getting on 7 years now and it has exceeded my expectations in almost every aspect. Let's face it, when you buy a vehicle like this you don't expect it to get 60mpg and 0-60mph in 6 seconds or be decked out like a Mercedes Benz. There have been a few niggles but I expect this with most cars. If you look after the vehicle, don't thrash it around, and have it properly serviced each year it should give you years of… Read Full Review

Jenna Reynolds123's Comment

Written on: 05/04/2010

We have a 5 year old pony who is 14.2 hands and I am seriously considerating buying this car. But, we want it to be able to tow our pony. Do you think it would be up to it? Plus, when I test drove it, today, the clutch didn`t seem right, is this common? And also is it common for the geers to feel stiff? I would be very grateful if you were to reply! Thanks, Jenna. :)

“Nice car but the new Land Rovers now are not as...”

Written on: 26/06/2007 by melyn27 (4 reviews written)

Nice car but the new Land Rovers now are not as reliable as they were, and you not only need to work out your budget to buy one but for all the things that will probably go wrong!… Read Full Review

“This is my second Freelander. My earlier 2 litre...”

Written on: 05/05/2007 by JMH07 (1 review written)

This is my second Freelander. My earlier 2 litre diesel had the L series Rover engine, and the TD4 is a vast improvement.
With a consistent 40 MPG, and pleasant drive, I would recommend them.
Mine is a 'Kalahari' edition, so I benefit from such goodies as, Air con, 17" alloys, half leather seats and 6 CD autochanger.
If you contemplate buying one, i would advise you to look for a high spec model.
It makes a huge difference to the driving standard of the vehicle and you will easily re coup the… Read Full Review

“Having never owned a 4x4 I am very impressed by the...”

Written on: 21/05/2006 by chris1288 (2 reviews written)

Having never owned a 4x4 I am very impressed by the performance, economy and overall ability of the Land Rover Freelander .
The only surprise I found was when I came to tax it (£107 for 6 mths), far more expensive than some old smokers on the road for a certainly more economical car!… Read Full Review

“I bought a 2000 X plate 1 year old Land Rover...”

Written on: 06/10/2005 by Justin007 (1 review written)

I bought a 2000 X plate 1 year old Land Rover Freelander TD4 around 5 years ago and put 70,000 miles on it in 5 years. I cannot recommend these vehicles enough. Cheap to service and run with all the bells and whistles. I was going to buy another but when I looked at the interior of the newer version I was horrified. It's all cheap plastic and looks it. I bought a Discovery instead… Read Full Review

“We bought this Land Rover Freelander 2.0 TD4 GS 4x4...”

Written on: 20/10/2004 by baldrick (5 reviews written)

We bought this Land Rover Freelander 2.0 TD4 GS 4x4 for the wife as she works in quite a remote location which can be really bad in winter. It's big with plenty of room for 3 in the back although the boot is quite small and access isn't easy to it thanks to the parcel shelf getting in your way (compared to a hatchback when it lifts up!)

The economy is good, an ecu remap has taken power from 112hp to around the 130 mark and it now behaves like a 'normal' car (0-60 11 seconds)

Visibility is… Read Full Review

Baldrick's Response to baldrick's Review

Written on: 18/02/2005

Nine months on and it is a slightly different story. On the way to work my wife put the clutch pedal down to change gear and it didn't come back up again. Not a good thing really!
<br>
<br>4 Days in the garage, £250 and a new clutch release bearing later it's motoring again. Apparantly quite a common occurance.
<br>
<br>The clutch action does feel totally different now so it was probably on its way out when we bought it.
<br>
<br>Lifetime fuel economy sits around the 32mpg mark, and that's 40% town, 60% county roads. Very good for a vehicle this size.