Land Rover Discovery V8i ES Reviews

Land Rover Discovery V8i ES - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Land Rover Discovery V8i ES

Land Rover Discovery V8i ES
Land Rover Discovery V8i ES

“I have one es but it the best car that u could ever...”

Written on: 10/05/2012

I have one es but it the best car that u could ever have I have my one long now and I have no problems wif it and es is a limited one so look afert it… Read Full Review

“Amazing 4x4! Performs brillaintly every time, nothing...”

Written on: 18/02/2010

Amazing 4x4! Performs brillaintly every time, nothing this baby can't overcome. Plus there are so many mods available for it, you can really customise yours to your own needs - Wife, kids and dogs? Or serious off-road machine. The V8 engine might be a bit thirsty but the performance you get is well worth the money!!!!… Read Full Review

“I own the V8, and yes only a smile on my face. Have...”

Written on: 21/06/2009 by pvdwalt (1 review written)

I own the V8, and yes only a smile on my face. Have been off road at grade 5 trials and have managed to receive respect from my cruiser friends. The Landrover will go anywhere without a big display of wheelspin that destroys the habitat. I thinks that is propably what impress me most is the no fuss, no spectacle way the Discovery overcome obstacles. The car is so capable it doesn't need to show off to make a statement… Read Full Review

“Land Rover Discovery V8i ES 4x4 Review”

Written on: 08/12/2004 by stevepearce (5 reviews written)

Land Rover Discovery V8i ES 4x4 Review
I have always loved the 4x4 and especially the LR.
Tried the Mitsubishi Shogun, it was ok but not a land rover. The name it self has a snob following and that is for a reason - ITS BRITISH!!! As I said I love the Land Rover but hate the fuel bills needed to run the V8 - so had it converted to LPG. This cost a mere £2300 for one of the best conversions around - you can get cheaper but the safety factor not as good. I now get just over 14mpg out of lpg… Read Full Review

“I have owned this Land Rover Discovery V8i ES 4x4 for...”

Written on: 31/07/2004 by RWA (1 review written)

I have owned this Land Rover Discovery V8i ES 4x4 for 4 years now and would only part with it for another, she has had her bad days during this time but only when i have abused her, parts are so common that if you break something its normally fixed within 24-48hrs. The wife loves driving it but complains about the fuel but everytime i've offerd her an alternative it has had a short comming that she could not accept unlike the landrover, if you dont mind getting your hands dirty then it can be a… Read Full Review

“Landrovers are a love hate thing - After my 4th...”

Written on: 15/07/2004 by tbisley (1 review written)

Landrovers are a love hate thing - After my 4th Landrover, a Land Rover Discovery V8i ES 4x4, I'm afraid this will be the last. I'd love to stay faithful but I've driven a BMW X5 and the rest is history. If you are going to drive 10,000 miles a year or more on-road don't buy one, get something else. However the Disco is great, it's really useful off road with plenty of room for the wife, 3 kids, dog and mother-in-law. The ES spec is great and you get all the goodies you could ever want in… Read Full Review

Rangerider's Response to tbisley's Review

Written on: 22/09/2004

What about the boss of them all the Range Rover?

Tbisley's Response to tbisley's Review

Written on: 23/09/2004

I agree the Range Rover is a great car. I had the old RR before my last Disco and really enjoyed every minute of it. The only problem is the £1000 per month it cost to own a Range Rover. I had the new RR for a couple of days and it is a dream, the only thing putting me off is how much will it be worth in three years, granted so far the residual values are holding but I think once the second hand market has a glut of motors the new RR will go the same downward way - Great news for anyone wanting a three year old car ! The king of the 4x4 is and always will be a Range Rover.

“Driven the Land Rover Discovery V8i ES 4x4 daily for 1...”

Written on: 09/07/2004 by JanB (1 review written)

Driven the Land Rover Discovery V8i ES 4x4 daily for 1 and a half years and approx 30.000 KM in all conditions. Performs nicely and relaxed on road and in city traffic.
Compared to the Land Cruiser, Pajero, Patrol and Mercedes G class, a much sportier drive due to the precise steering and responsiveness of the V8.
Off Road ability in a league of it's own. Able to traverse obstacles that leaves Mercedes G class and other likewise vehicles stuck.
Nothing whatsoever has gone wrong on this vehicle… Read Full Review

“If you enjoy sitting back and letting the world go by,...”

Written on: 20/06/2004 by RFRANKLI (1 review written)

If you enjoy sitting back and letting the world go by, the Land Rover Discovery V8 Auto is the one. More than capable of making swift progress - althought the fuel consumption may alarm some.

Great off road and with a wash - can be left in any Hilton car part without upseting the locals!

After 134,000 miles and 8 years - the Disco still makes me smile each time I get in it.

Would buy another one tomorrow - however perhaps a TD5 next time!… Read Full Review