Ford Focus 1.8 LX 5dr Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Ford Focus 1.8 LX 5dr - Ask a question now

“great practical car but very unreliable have owned it...”

Written on: 22/01/2010

great practical car but very unreliable have owned it for 2 months love the performance and practicality but had a crankshaft sensor break which left me at the side of the road and then the day i fixed that the gearbox and differntial blew and once again leaving me at the side of the road and costing me around 500 pound to fix which is why soon i will choose the st version insted… Read Full Review

“I bought my 02 Ford Focus in Oct when temperatures...”

Written on: 04/05/2004 by focuslemon (1 review written)

I bought my 02 Ford Focus in Oct when temperatures were cooler. Problems started in June 03-car would not restart after driving 25miles. If you let the car sit for one hour or prop hood up so car cools down it will start again. Ford dealership blames, poor quality gas, air in the fuel tank. They extended my warrenty through summer 04 because the could not fix problem. Now Mar/April 04 Problem is starting again, thus leaving me stranded normally with my small child. Dealership advice "Leave your… Read Full Review

“Bought my Ford Focus 1.8 LX 5dr secondhand in 2003,...”

Written on: 27/03/2004 by ccleland (3 reviews written)

Bought my Ford Focus 1.8 LX 5dr secondhand in 2003, mine is actually a 1998 model, which makes it one of the earlier ones. Nonetheless, the levels of equipment are astounding, with sunroof, air-con, electric front windows and excellent radio cassette worthy of mention, but I'm particularly impressed by the quickclear windscreen, having spent too many mornings leaving 10 minutes late for work having to manually clear a frozen windscreen. Having owned the car for over 6 months now, and with a… Read Full Review

Bailey25T's Response to ccleland's Review

Written on: 26/09/2005

Couple of my own comments agrees and disagree etc. I have owned 2 ford focus. one a t reg 1.6 then currently an S reg 1.8. First of all "particularly impressed by the quickclear windscreen" I drove my first focus on the motorways alot and noticed if you squirt the wipers it goes like this. 1 wipe 2 clear 3 smear. everytime!!!! on both cars! Maybe i need to change the wipers.
<br>
<br>I must admit about knowing the car is running. It's more secrative than the KGB! Until acceleration. I often rev the engine and still have to look at the counter going up to make sure It is running! if you put a K&N on that soon changes. Not bothered with a K&N for the 1.8. Grown up now!
<br>
<br>As for the Golfs. I can second that. In particular golf drivers boasting a gti badge usually inherit the rights of aggressive drivers. I had a bit of a do with a TDI on the A1 many moons ago in my 1.6. A 1.6 petrol put the TDI to shame and up hill! Always wonder if i caught him in 4th when I opened up in 3rd. But then i put another one to shame abit later!oh yea "the Golf may have a more upmarket image" !!!!! What!!! I know it's the hot hatch that started it all but... The ford focus won the rally championship etc etc And the volkswagon is german. And a volswagon! I think the GTI feaver got to you. Ford smashed the prancing poney in the sities! Go watch a video about the GT40 and think about what you have done! Seriously though mate no offence intended from the comments made and glad you made the right deision and bought a focus!

“I bought my car used, at 40,000 for $7,000. On the way...”

Written on: 15/11/2003 by Val macy (1 review written)

I bought my car used, at 40,000 for $7,000. On the way home from the dealership it died at 55 miles an hour in fast moving traffic and we were almost taken out by a tractor trailer truck. The dealer FINALLy fixed it. The Trunk doesn't close right, the ignition is broken, - it doesn't turn right, I have to jiggle and play with it forever, the heater buttom kicks off, and the air button kicks on for no reason, the stereo goes on and off for no apparent reason, the mirror is falling off the… Read Full Review

“The best car in it's class.”

Written on: 24/10/2001 by Luke. (1 review written)

The best car in it's class… Read Full Review