Ford Focus 1.6 LX 5dr Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Ford Focus 1.6 LX 5dr - Ask a question now

“I bought my FORD FOCUS 1.6lx TDCI (110) In January...”

Written on: 19/08/2010

I bought my FORD FOCUS 1.6lx TDCI (110) In January 2009 as a treat for my birthday, on the test drive I Loved it! picked it up 3 days later, have loved it ever since! Rear passenger space could be a bit bigger, but the overall of the car is brilliant. I got mine with 33,000 on the clock on an 05 plate at great value, MPG Is brilliant on the TDCI model, handles well, great looking and for a smaller diesel engine, packs a powefull punch! I am upgrading my car next year, and another FOCUS would… Read Full Review

“For a fist car this is stunning, i have no gripe with...”

Written on: 22/01/2010

For a fist car this is stunning, i have no gripe with it at all. Any repairs are cheap, the tax on it could be lower but it's the price you pay for bigger engine. Great value for £2k when i got it. Very comfy ride, would recommend to anyone 18-28… Read Full Review

“compared to the ford Mondeo the Focus is below...”

Written on: 25/01/2009

compared to the ford Mondeo the Focus is below standard, I part ex my lovely Y reg 2.0 Mondeo (old shape) for a 54 reg Focus 1.6 and i wish i still had the Mondeo, ford cars are reliable but the smaller models don't seem in the same class or range as the slightly bigger cars, its about time more attention to comfort and the feel of the cars was changed because when you close the door on the Focus it sounds tinny and cheap, like older cars used to be… Read Full Review

“This a practical car to own but not to my taste. Give...”

Written on: 03/02/2007 by paulwa (1 review written)

This a practical car to own but not to my taste. Give me a Golf or an Astra any time… Read Full Review

“This is absolutely the best car I have ever owned! I...”

Written on: 23/06/2004 by chuckndi1016 (1 review written)

This is absolutely the best car I have ever owned! I purchased it in Nov. 2002 in Oracle, AZ. In the past year and a half I have put 62k on it. Never get less than 25mpg in town driving. 32-34mpg on hiway driving.
Auto transmission...Cruise...Air...all work fine. This is not a ricky racer car! Any car will have problems like worn tires and brakes if you hotfoot it! Treat it well and it will take care of you!
I use Mobil 1 oil..change it every 10k...never uses oil in between as I change… Read Full Review

“To sum up the Ford Focus I am sorry to say I would...”

Written on: 28/05/2004 by thefletch (1 review written)

To sum up the Ford Focus I am sorry to say I would have to use "appauling". I previously owned a 94 Ford Escort for many years and found it a super car, so with all the great reviews of the Ford Focus it was the obvious choice. I purchased an 02 1.6 LX, 1 owner with 15,000 miles. What a big mistake I made. Handling and performance is the worst I have ever driven, it is very noisy at speed with the wind blowing against it. The interior is cheap and falling apart by the day. Electrics are… Read Full Review

Jimalldis's Response to thefletch's Review

Written on: 08/06/2004

Obviously having not a clue about cars to start with after owning and enjoying a 94 escort you have no idea of what you are talking about with your review of the Focus !!! You are not going to get any performance out of a 1600 focus as the power to weight ratio is incorrect! After owning a 2l 16v turbo conversion focus and having 2 degrade to an 1800 due to family reasons I can assure you that out of the many cars I have owned the focus comes out on top out of all of your ratings. I think you should put your hand in your pocket and buy a focus with a decent spec before you abuse them.

Raytrench's Response to thefletch's Review

Written on: 19/08/2010

I do not recognise the car being described here. I have owned Escorts and in NO WAY is the Focus (I have had two)inferior in anyway whatoseover to the Escort. It was, in my experience, light years ahead of anything I have driven in that category of car. The interior was smart, car reliable, 1600 gave enough grunt to be safe on motoraways, handling was top notch and ride firmish but comfortable on all surfaces. I will never forget having a ride in a Corolla of the same vintage as my Mk1 Focus and I just couldn't believe how bland and unexciting it was in comparison (yes they are very reliable but soooo boring in comparison to Focus).
<br/>
<br/>

Chubby's Response to thefletch's Review

Written on: 26/12/2004

I was tempted to try a ford again after many years driving peugeots. Thanks to your review I will steer well clear

Mwe's Response to thefletch's Review

Written on: 29/09/2004

Looks like Focus is another overrated German-built car. Suggest you do yourself & UK car workers a favour & look at its underrated, cheaper to buy, more reliable UK-built rivals e.g. Almera, Civic, Rover 25/45, MG ZR/ZS, etc..

“The Ford Focus 1.6 LX 5dr is a very good car. This is...”

Written on: 29/04/2004 by pepijn (1 review written)

The Ford Focus 1.6 LX 5dr is a very good car. This is what you can call real value for money. Lots of space, reliable, comfortable. The only trouble is that due to the a bit oldfashioned technology this car drinks a lot… Read Full Review

“I've been generally happy with my Ford Focus 1.6LX. I...”

Written on: 16/04/2004 by Phaedrus (1 review written)

I've been generally happy with my Ford Focus 1.6LX. I love the handling, and am reasonably satisfied with the fuel consumption. I find it hard to be critical of the Focus as it seems to be great value for money, certainly when picked up second hand. Reviews by car mags would seem to bear this out, as the Focus is frequently voted a "best buy" or "best in class" whether new or used… Read Full Review

Gerard's Response to Phaedrus's Review

Written on: 04/05/2004

I own a 2000 Ford Focus. I was wondering if anyone was experiencing the same problem that I am experiencing. While I was driving along the hiway my car automatically went into neutral. Since the first time it happened it has occured on three more occasions. I brought the car back to the dealership and was told there was nothing wrong. If anyone knows the reason could they please send me an E-mail. randy_mcgrath@hotmail.com