Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia Reviews

Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia

Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia
Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia

“This is the 2nd Ford Focus I have had, and am...”

Written on: 05/12/2005 by jinny (1 review written)

This is the 2nd Ford Focus I have had, and am regretting buying the 2nd! Whilst driving (at approx 60mph) the speedo drops to 0, the power dips - OK, so the car is still moving. But when the same thing happened to me doing a few mph round a mini rounderbout, the power cut, leaving me with no power steering .... when this happened in my 1st Focus I thought it was a one-off, but I have had this Focus for approx 1.5 years and the same happened again. Needless to say I will NOT be buying another… Read Full Review

Kev E's Response to 219648_jinny's Review

Written on: 20/01/2006

We had the same problem, the garage replaced the speedometer relay. Seems to be ok - no problems.

Jolr's Response to 219648_jinny's Review

Written on: 26/07/2006

This happened to my fiesta (the new shape one). I'd be driving at any speed, and the engine would cut out (happened a few times on motorway which was scary). The engine would re-start if you turned the ignition off and on again. The car was in and out of the garage, with no fault found. In the end I called out the RAC when it happened on the M1 (and this time it didn't want to start again). The RAC man got out his computer thing, plugged it in, and found the fault code in the cars computer. I took this to Ford and they finally fixed it. Apparently the fault was that the car wasn't realising that it was needing more fuel, so cuts out. When you turn the key in the ignition 5 times, it clears the fault code, which is why Ford couldn't find it, because by the time they saw it after each fault, I'd driven the car more than 5 times!

“Ok.... Drove a ford focus for eons.... nothing wrong...”

Written on: 20/11/2002 by Gary. (1 review written)

Ok.... Drove a ford focus for eons.... nothing wrong at all with this one. It seems maybe, that only American Foci get the problems?… Read Full Review