Ford Focus 1.4CL Reviews

• Practicality

• Reliability

Ford Focus 1.4CL - Ask a question now

“Great little car”

Written on: 09/04/2013 by BigMattyBT (1 review written)

My 2002 Focus has never failed in two years. It needed only a new battery in those two years. I bought it for £700 in 2011 and it was only supposed to be a stopgap. I am still driving it and will stay with it until it dies!… Read Full Review

“Not at all relaible”

Written on: 03/09/2012 by wakeysteve (1 review written)

My wife bought this 4 years ago, it cost over £5000. It is a Ford Focus 1.4CL 2005 model. Since it was bought we have had to have '3' coil packs fitted as they keep failing, 2 sets of plugs, a catalytic converter (over £300), new ball joints, Brake hoses..... the list goes on. The car has only done 75000 miles and is only 7 years old. Not a car I would recommend to anyone. Buy Japanese or German is my advise… Read Full Review

“ibought mine for 1350 itha 146,000 thousand miles and...”

Written on: 28/10/2009

ibought mine for 1350 itha 146,000 thousand miles and it runs and drives so nice . Im 20 and i have the 5 door as i have a baby and my gosh its so fast i drove over 1.4 and nothing compares you to tat zetech engine. down fall only getting 32 mpg round town on motorway 45mpg… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 12/04/2012

1400cl ford focus so slow in second x 3rd gears uphill ,why cant it go faster uphill like a renaut megane 1400

“Overall the car has surprised me; it gets a hammering...”

Written on: 16/10/2008 by sweenyt (1 review written)

Overall the car has surprised me; it gets a hammering on the motor way and still keeps going. although I don ' t pay for regular services I do oil and filter and general stuff myself every 10-12k and that seems to be enough to keep it running with good economy over long distance and the odd bit of TLC means it looks as good as it did when I bought it… Read Full Review

“Not a nice car for a lady who does not know much about...”

Written on: 11/10/2008

Not a nice car for a lady who does not know much about car problems. Starter motor failed so I had to replace it. Coil pack failed so I had to replcae it. Electronic window has problem. Rear window washer disconnected from tube and water was sprayed into the car… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 06/07/2011

well the ford focus 1.4 cl 1388 is a good car ive had mine 5 years no problems with it im a lady driver very good well recomend

“I have mine as the work horse for runs to work and...”

Written on: 29/08/2008 by irishEJIT (2 reviews written)

I have mine as the work horse for runs to work and shopping with the family. I have just put the first timing belt on it but now im getting the odd fault showing up. First the fast idle was not running right, fixed with a cht sensor. Then when I change gear the car revs up slightly and also when I stop at lights, told this is probably a faulty speed sensor. Also it has started to surge when you let it idle for a while which is going to take a bit more investigating. I changed the wheels and… Read Full Review

“I've had my Ford Focus Zetec for 2 years and only had...”

Written on: 14/06/2008

I've had my Ford Focus Zetec for 2 years and only had to replace one headlight bulb so reliability is great. Its quicker than any other 1.4 I've driven or been in and is very comfortable. Great car, definately getting another Focus… Read Full Review

“My overall opinion of the Ford Focus 1.4CL is:- "A...”

Written on: 25/12/2007 by hobson007 (1 review written)

My overall opinion of the Ford Focus 1.4CL is:- "A quality, well engineered car for it's price").

Obviously you get what you pay for. I paid £2,400.00 for mine. It is 7 years old (8 in March 2008) and it has 85,000 miles on the clock. I put it through an MOT in July and it passed with flying colours. I have only changed 1 tyre and it has been serviced once (which did not need doing!!). I have only changed the wiper blades once.
Overall I am happy with my Ford Focus, it is probably the best… Read Full Review

“I think that Ford should not offer the Ford Focus for...”

Written on: 12/03/2005 by denny (1 review written)

I think that Ford should not offer the Ford Focus for sale in the northern states. Maybe if it didn't have the low profile tires it might be acceptable but I understand that it is not an option, at this point, to change tires and rims. I am told that the entire suspension would have to be changed?
When we travel to Hockey tournaments we take the 94 Taurus, with 207,000 miles and park the Focus ZTX… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I've had my Ford Focus for approximetly 15 months....”

Written on: 18/07/2002 by Lisa Wiant. (1 review written)

I've had my Ford Focus for approximetly 15 months. I've put 35,000 miles on it (70% interstate driving) driving to work. I've had 3 sets of front brakes replaced, 3 sets of tires and my rotors resurfaced. My new tires I had put on 3 weeks ago are already starting to wear. I'll have to get new rotors to correct that problem. From all the letters I have read, it's really pointless to get the repairs done because you'll just have to do it agian and again. Anybody want to buy a FOCUS dirt CHEAP!… Read Full Review

119051_Mike.'s Response to Lisa Wiant.'s Review

Written on: 26/07/2003

You should get his wheels aligned before criticising Europe’s most popular car.

237664_Borris202's Response to Lisa Wiant.'s Review

Written on: 07/04/2006

With all due respect you can hardly blame the car for the tires and break pads wearing that quickly. Sounds to me like you are driving around with your foot on the brake and wheel spinning around or otherwise you are getting ripped off at a dodgy garage with second rate rubber fittings. I suggest a tractor instead- I hear John Deere are good.

Chuckndi1016's Response to Lisa Wiant.'s Review

Written on: 23/06/2004

Stopping and starting....hardest things to do with any car. Fast starts...this car has more torque than most small cars...so when you take off fast you are literally spinning the wheels and that wears out the tires.
<br> Then when you get up to speed which doesn't take too long..then you have to slow down and of course you slam the brakes...that wears them out!