BMW X5 4.4i Sport Reviews

BMW X5 4.4i Sport - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for BMW X5 4.4i Sport

BMW X5 4.4i Sport
BMW X5 4.4i Sport

“I own a 2001 X5 sports 4.4i. I love to drive the car,...”

Written on: 15/02/2010

I own a 2001 X5 sports 4.4i. I love to drive the car, it handles very well and is very fast and it looks sexy.
But since I have owned it some 4 years now in the UK, I have had to replace the gearbox (because it would not reverse up hills), replaces two front door handle carriers (due to doors freezing), replaced the gearbox cooling hoses twice. The digital numbers on dashboard have started to fade out (pixels). The battery just dies sometimes for no obvious reason. The steering adjustment motor… Read Full Review

“When I bought the BMW X5 4.4i Sport, I had an tail...”

Written on: 17/05/2009

When I bought the BMW X5 4.4i Sport, I had an tail light failure (right brake light and right licence plate light), washer hose leaking and now broken. The light issues I fixed by removing the rust from the contacts, the window washing system just needs a new pump and hose.
Problems are easy to come. Also the gearbox seems to have both communication problem with DSC and massive wear. I just wait for it to break down and the insurance to compensate it ( not my car either, bought with credit). I… Read Full Review

“I am a qualified Mechanical & Non destructive Testing...”

Written on: 05/09/2007 by JMaldenham (1 review written)

I am a qualified Mechanical & Non destructive Testing Engineer who went on to be a board member managing procurement on a 57,000 vehicle fleet in Europe & have many years experience in global transportation, manufacture & maintenance facilities.

Over the last 15 years I have owned/been the daily user of the following cars:
1 Alfa Romeo Saloon, 3 BMW saloons, 1 Mercedes Coupe, 1 Lexus RX300, 1 Lexus LS400, 1 Range Rover & 1 Audi A8 & I have never had such an unreliable car that cost so much to… Read Full Review

“We test drove the Porsche Cayenne and the BMW X5 back...”

Written on: 12/06/2006 by pnadin (122 reviews written)

We test drove the Porsche Cayenne and the BMW X5 back to back and thought the X5 was a much better drive, handled better and was considerably cheaper for a higher spec model of the same age and mileage.

Ours has the panoramic sunroof which is a great feature for taking advantage of what little sun we do get.

The engine is superb, making great noises and having lots of grunt.

Recommended… Read Full Review