BMW X5 3.0D Reviews

BMW X5 3.0D - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for BMW X5 3.0D

BMW X5 3.0D
BMW X5 3.0D

“I owned a BMW X5 for 8 months and could just not get...”

Written on: 06/05/2008

I owned a BMW X5 for 8 months and could just not get on with it. Poor ride quality coupled with an extortionate purchase cost of 46K. Only to find it drove like a tractor and performed like one too, made my decision to get a Cayenne an easy decision to make. In essence an over priced vehicle that just cant justify its price tag… Read Full Review

“I endured a very long wait for my BMW X5 3.0D (non...”

Written on: 24/07/2004 by Cadillacsts (3 reviews written)

I endured a very long wait for my BMW X5 3.0D (non sport) auto 4x4, it ended up costing over £47,000 once it had been kitted out to the same level as my last vehicle which only cost £36k new with everything!

Even the initial purchase and test drive experience was totally unsatisfactory, and I should have walked away there and then, the BMW dealers I met to were so arrogant and so totally unhelpful - I knew there was a long waiting list but do they have to be quite so unpleasant, after all I… Read Full Review

Donaldmac's Response to Cadillacsts's Review

Written on: 15/10/2004

I agree with the arrogance at both dealer and BMW UK. BMW refer everything to the dealer and the dealer is not interested once they have your money.

Jmaldenham's Response to Cadillacsts's Review

Written on: 04/09/2007

I agree with this review because I experienced very poor service levels at 2 BMW dealerships. I approached BMW UK customers services & they did the same & just referred me back to the dealer.
<br/>I eventually emailed BMW's chairman - guess what not response.
<br/>
<br/>I have also had two very costly £600 + incorrect diagnosis of a gearbox problem (going into safe home mode) by 2 dealerships. One dealer stated that it was a minor electronics communication problem between the traction control & the gearbox the second could not find the defect.
<br/>Sadly the gearbox failed rather dangerously shortly after the second BMW assessment. £4600 for a new replacement. I see from the US Forums & hear from the gearbox reconditioning companies that the ZF gearboxes have problems & that they are now regularly replacing them.
<br/>
<br/>Not a glamorous ownership proposition for me either.

Essenbob's Response to Cadillacsts's Review

Written on: 27/03/2006

You should have bought a Yank town car, clearly you and BMW do not mix

Revvyman's Response to Cadillacsts's Review

Written on: 17/03/2005

You fell for the 4x4 fashion. These things are dangerous, manufacturers have spent years making cars go around corners and do more than 10MPG, and then these fashion statements come along and ruin all the hard work!

Simon R's Response to Cadillacsts's Review

Written on: 19/10/2004

I've a much different experience in Australia. I have found the dealers to be great. This is my third BMW, and the after sales service has been terrific (sounds as if we are lucky over here!)

“Despite this superior economy the latest X5 offers a...”

Written on: 14/05/2004 by playware (1 review written)

Despite this superior economy the latest X5 offers a standard of performance equally superior on the road: Acceleration from 0-100 km/h is in 10.5 seconds, top speed is 200 km/h. Fuel economy is just as superior, the common rail engine consuming only 9.7 litres/100 km under the EU standard, equalling 29.1 mpg Imp. Unlike a conventional offroader, the X5 features a unitary body, independent suspension and, in the guise of DSC (Dynamic Stability Control), the most advanced electronic suspension… Read Full Review

Hervan66's Response to playware's Review

Written on: 28/06/2004

Sounds a bit as free publicity !!! Hard to believe this is from an owner...

Lgs's Response to playware's Review

Written on: 20/05/2005

This must be posted by a BMW dealer. No personal experiences, just the technical blurb re-stated.