Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol Reviews

Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol

Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol
Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol

“Greatest CO2 pistol ive owned, and ive had a fair few. ”

Written on: 19/10/2010

Greatest CO2 pistol ive owned, and ive had a fair few.
beautiful action, excellent accuracy and very reliable.
mine was manufactured by Umarex, so that may have something to do with it, but i never applied any oil, or did any maintenence and i never had a single problem with it.
Until my uncle broke the screw for the gas cylinder, causing the cartridge to not fit properly. Tw@t.
Anyway, definatly recommend, excellent… Read Full Review

Boothy1985's Comment

Written on: 24/01/2013

A STOPPING SLIDE OR EJECTOR AT THE SIDE OF MINE HAS SNAPPED....ITS THE LITTLE PIECE OF METAL...ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN BUY A NEW ONE PLS?

“let me statt off by saying that I loved this gun the...”

Written on: 30/06/2010

let me statt off by saying that I loved this gun the moment I bought it. I wanted a blowback pistol and this was the best one in the store. I also liked that it was the pistol used by james bond.

pros

excelent weight
pretty good power
great feeling blowback action
decent accuracy
easy to work on
durable construction

cons

requires care (if you own this gun you had better use an all synthetic oil on EVERY co2 cylinder. Otherwies the piston assembly WILL fail.)

if you are planning on… Read Full Review

“O.K. so i'm new to reviewing this kind of thing. i...”

Written on: 27/06/2010

O.K. so i'm new to reviewing this kind of thing. i usually use the more standard pnuematic or break barrel air pistols by webley and diasy but i am very impressed by this item.i have read many mixed reviews but it was the factor that i've always loved the ppk that pushed me towards buying it.first of it does take practice to get accurate shots with the ppk as it does have some kick on it but thats all part of the fun.its very well made and has a decent weight about it.the magazine looks fragile… Read Full Review

“What a really cool looking firearm replica The Umarex...”

Written on: 12/08/2009 by hfs (16 reviews written)

What a really cool looking firearm replica The Umarex Walther PPK/S CO2 pistol is. I had to have it because it is a copy of one of the sleekest little pistols ever created. So like everyone else here, I bought it and I shot it . . . when it would cooperate.

I thought that maybe my new PPK/S CO2 pistol might need some breaking in since it had some strange misfires out of the box. Surprisingly, I ended up having to deburr the slide in two locations as it was dragging on the barrel shroud and gas… Read Full Review

Seerdet's Response to hfs's Review

Written on: 08/09/2009

hfs - I own this pistol and it is very accurate for a smoothbore! I am a beginner / below average shot but on a good day I get 1/2 half inch groups at 6 yards firing twohanded standing up! Perhaps you are firing gamo lead BBs- these are much heavier than steel too much for the limited !ftlb power output and have a rapidly dropping trajectory - or more likely your gun has a defect that needs to be put right! UMAREX sells them with a years warranty get it fixed!

Hfs's Response to hfs's Review

Written on: 24/11/2009

I was using Crosman Copperheads. They are not the best representative of a steel BB since they have many deformities.
<br/>
<br/>Perhaps with a better BB I would get better accuracy, but the Makarov air pistol that I compared it to was much more accurate with the same BBs.
<br/>
<br/>As much as I liked the Makarov, I gave it to a friend as a gift. I do still have and appreciate the Walther air pistol. Tons of fun!

“I must have wretched luck when it comes to blowback...”

Written on: 12/06/2009 by James Underwood (13 reviews written)

I must have wretched luck when it comes to blowback pistols. I really looked forward to this one, being a James Bond fan and all. But the problem is that this blowback pistol - at least the one I have - doesn't blowback at all. Instead, it consistantly jams when the blowback mechanism attempts to return to the front (firing) position.. About a half inch from the muzzle it stops short and I have to shove the slide forward into position. This hardly makes it a semi-automaric.
I've tried lubing… Read Full Review

Ollyradburn's Response to James Underwood's Review

Written on: 15/06/2009

It's worth sending it back to Umarex, it is in no way supposed to be like that. Get a new one, or get your cash back to save up for something better.

James Underwood's Response to James Underwood's Review

Written on: 17/06/2009

Good Thinking. I did the latter - I've just about had it with blowbacks and am getting a different weapon. JIM

“I have the Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol and enjoy...”

Written on: 10/06/2009

I have the Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol and enjoy the authenticity of it's look and feel. It is a great gun for practicing in the basement and playing around in the backyard. Great Job on this pistol, it is a lot of fun… Read Full Review

“I really like the Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol, it...”

Written on: 27/05/2009

I really like the Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol, it feels like shooting a real pistol. it was really easy to take apart and unjam and is pretty powerful… Read Full Review

“i got the nickle Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol looks...”

Written on: 21/05/2009

i got the nickle Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol looks great fells great, dont like the silly little bbs it fires but the blow back hurts… Read Full Review

“The Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol is the ultimate...”

Written on: 28/03/2009 by Shoop (9 reviews written)

The Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol is the ultimate plinker but good fun. I practice my shooting with this but not for the accuracy of the pistol. I use more accurate pistols and lead pellets for that, which is what I would expect. I fitted an extra light spring under the slide to ensure the slide travels back all the way after firing. The slide started to stick a bit after a lot of use, gun oil helps. Very light and easy to aim and hold. Not as accurate as it would have been if had fired… Read Full Review

“I've bought, and broke this Umarex Walther PPK/S BB...”

Written on: 14/02/2009 by AKUMA187 (1 review written)

I've bought, and broke this Umarex Walther PPK/S BB pistol like 12 times, an it didn't break cuz it a bad build, cuz its tough as hell! I'm just brutal on equipment. It shoots straight until you drop it off the roof of the apartment building with the parking lot of shattered windows...
oh and the hammer action rocks too! It does need a bigger clip! i want a clip that holds around 50 to 150 bbs or a clip for like 30- 50 pellets… Read Full Review

“i got this gun yesterday and at first it worked...”

Written on: 27/12/2008

i got this gun yesterday and at first it worked greatly. but thenn today i have to keep pulling the slide myself anyone know how to fix this?
well recommend Ulmarex walther ppk/ss bb… Read Full Review

Bobt's Comment

Written on: 31/12/2008

I had the same problem with my PPK/S. After about 300 shots I would have to give the slide a little nudge forward after every shot for it to fire. You will likely find this is all you need to do rather than pull the slide back.
<br/>But still...a pain. I called the folks at Umarex and they said that if I just sat and worked the slide back and forth for 1/2 hour or so it would likely cure the problem.
<br/>It did. On two consecutive evenings, whilst watching the tube I just worked the slide back and forth (you'll need to remove the magazine, and as well they recommended removing the CO2 cylinder).
<br/>It still hangs occasionally...but only about once every 20 or 30 shots now.

“Worth the money. Feels like the real thing, easy to...”

Written on: 17/12/2008

Worth the money. Feels like the real thing, easy to operate and well woth the 50 bucks I spent on mine! For the collector more than the target range but I like that. Can't hit the side of a barn from three paces… Read Full Review

“Soo...we all know that this is a smooth-barelled gun...”

Written on: 07/12/2008 by willedsmithmo (1 review written)

Soo...we all know that this is a smooth-barelled gun for fun and not accuracy.

However, I must say that buying with this in mind, the gun is much more accurate than I expected, despite most reviews making claims such as
"the gun is so inaccurate that at five paces it'll miss a target completely, hit the edges of the pellet trap and ricochet unpredictably." (expert reviewer)
Personally, at five paces, the gun will shoot through the same hole more than once, and 15 shots can easily be grouped to… Read Full Review

Bobt's Response to 423387_willedsmithmo's Review

Written on: 23/12/2008

I think that the PPK/S has gained it inaccuracy reputation because of its blowback feature. Not that it is a tackdriver, but it isn't as bad as many claim.
<br/>Coming from experience with 'real' pistols, including up to a .44Magnum, it takes lots of practice to return to exactly the same sight picture after recovering from the recoil the PPK has. I think a lot of people have experience with CO2 guns without blowback (and without recoil) and just don't realize how much of an art shooting is when you have recoil to deal with.

“I have had this gun for 2 years and it is only just...”

Written on: 22/10/2008 by gav1994 (1 review written)

I have had this gun for 2 years and it is only just starting to leak. Its leaking quite badly now as the CO2 cannisters only last for one mag and then you have to cock it each time. It is a great first time air pistol… Read Full Review

Djmikeoz's Response to 411906_gav1994's Review

Written on: 13/03/2009

Add a drop of Pel-Gun oil, Airsoft silicon oil, or paintball gun silicon oil (anything pure silicon) to the top of the next Co2 Cartridge you insert. These guns need a little love from time to time and the o-rings can dry up and lose their elasticity, causing your gun to start leaking.

“Not to accurate. For plinking, not for target...”

Written on: 13/10/2008

Not to accurate. For plinking, not for target practice. Really good fun for a few hundred shots. After that the co2 valve broke and is leaking so bad it empties a cartridge in less than a minute.

I have also got the CP88 from Walter. Thats in a completely different league when it comes to buildquality, accuracy and also price of course… Read Full Review

“I am needing some parts for my pistol. I am needing...”

Written on: 12/10/2008 by dannykc (1 review written)

I am needing some parts for my pistol. I am needing the part that holds the co2 screw centered in the grip...anyone know where I can get this? Thanx… Read Full Review

“Solid cast metal with elegant blued finish, blowback...”

Written on: 17/09/2008

Solid cast metal with elegant blued finish, blowback feels fairly authentic. The ppk/s fires semi auto without any problems what so ever, never had any blockages in the breach or barrel.
Also the weapon is quite customisable (laser, mini mag light e.ct) and most operating parts for the gun are available for purchare should a replacement be needed. for the price, you cant knock the ppk/s its compact, easy to use, and somewhat reliable.
I'd reccomend the ppk/s to any begginer or intermediate… Read Full Review

“It's a good pneumatic gun for fun. Good feelings when...”

Written on: 15/07/2008

It's a good pneumatic gun for fun. Good feelings when i'm shooting, also 15 rounds in the magazine… Read Full Review

“Very Nice Gun For The Price. Feels Good and powerful...”

Written on: 17/06/2008

Very Nice Gun For The Price. Feels Good and powerful shot. Somtimes doesn't load properly… Read Full Review

“Still a lot of money though, but with an overall look,...”

Written on: 14/05/2008

Still a lot of money though, but with an overall look, worth the money.
Maybe not suitable for beginners… Read Full Review