Olympus C-730 Reviews

Optical Zoom 10
Battery Type Alkaline

Features:
  • 3.2-megapixel sensor captures enough detail to create prints up to 11 x 14
  • Autofocus lens with 10x optical zoom and 3x digital zoom (for 30x total zoom)
  • Included 16 MB XD memory card holds 21 images at high quality setting (also compatible with Smartmedia cards)at high quality setting
  • Connects with PCs and Macs via USB port
  • Uses 2 CR-V3 lithium batteries (included) or 4 AA batteries
  • Refine your search

Olympus C-730

“I just got the 730, but I had owned a 700 for quite a...”

Written on: 28/04/2003 by Ray Niacaris. (1 review written)

I just got the 730, but I had owned a 700 for quite a while. I recently went to the Grand Canyon and lost my 700 there :-(. I bought the replacement, a 730 from Fry's for $400, but outside of the 3MP pictures, both cameras are pretty much the same. Since I bought my 700, I have never for a minute regretted the purchase. The 700 I bought refurbished but the 730 is new. There is just no substitute for a good optical zoom lens on a digital camera. If you look at the 3x cameras on the market… Read Full Review

Rs.'s Response to Ray Niacaris.'s Review

Written on: 19/07/2003

I also have the 730 but i must not know how to use it correctly, I have an awful problem with blurred pictures when filming moving targets, and with high zoom levels it is almost impossible to hold the camera still enough to get a good clear picture every time. It really needs a image stabilization button or something for the high zoom.

Jeff Rollason's Response to Ray Niacaris.'s Review

Written on: 03/09/2003

The freeze-frame problem you commented on in the TFT viewfinder is an option you can switch off. The TFT viewfinder is a huge plus over non-SLR optical viewfinders as it allows you to assess the focus and see the exact framing of the shot. It also wins over SLR optical viewfinders as you can assess the exposure level and colour balance of the shot, an unheard of luxury with film-based SLRs!

117548_Ray.'s Response to Ray Niacaris.'s Review

Written on: 21/07/2003

With respect to blurry pictures, the mian cause is the shutter staying open too long. There are two ways to overcome this 1) use a manual shutter setting to speed up the shutter, 2) Use the preset set sport mode. This forces a fast shutter speed and can be used when you are fully zoomed in. (It is the runner icon on the selector)

Olympus C-730

“I started in digital photography about 3 years ago...”

Written on: 01/04/2003 by Tomahawker. (1 review written)

I started in digital photography about 3 years ago with a Canon "Digital Elph." It became obvious to me that the limited optical zoom range of the Elph (3X) was not enough, so I looked for cameras with more optical zoom range. I considered really expensive cameras with large zoom ranges but became convinced that the digital storage requirements (5 megapix/image) were too extreme. Then, I found the Olympus C730. 10 X Zoom. Perfect for the snapshots I wanted to take. Really perfect with my… Read Full Review

Olympus C-730

“Brought mine in Singapore at the equivalent of £290. ...”

Written on: 14/01/2003 by Alex Adams. (1 review written)

Brought mine in Singapore at the equivalent of £290. This in comparrison with the average UK price of £450 ish at the time. So who's conning who when it comes to fair prices in the UK?… Read Full Review