Kodak EasyShare LS443 Reviews

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Summary

4.2 Megapixel
3x Optical Zoom

Resolution 4
Optical Zoom 3
Battery Type Rechargeable

Features:
  • 4-megapixel sensor captures 2,448 x 1,632 images for prints at sizes up to 20 x 30 inches
  • Autofocus lens with 3x optical/3.3x digital (10x total) zoom
  • Store photos on 16 MB internal memory or optional Secure Digital/MultiMedia cards
  • Connects with PCs and Macs via USB port; includes EasyShare LS443 camera dock
  • Powered by Kodak EasyShare Li-Ion rechargeable battery
  • Refine your search

Kodak EasyShare LS443

“I found the Kodak EasyShare LS443 very light, got a...”

Written on: 10/06/2008

I found the Kodak EasyShare LS443 very light, got a bump on lens caused it to jam - just outside warranty period. Fragile! Also colour in the images was a bit washy / white. I'd not buy Kodak again… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare LS443

“I wouldn't buy a Kodak camera again. I looked on the...”

Written on: 27/02/2008

I wouldn't buy a Kodak camera again. I looked on the Kodak website and discovered they had a trade-in for my camera because of its defects. I researched the other camera and found its quality was not near as good as mine was advertised… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare LS443

“Although I had high hopes for the ease of use, and...”

Written on: 26/01/2008 by SHOTGUNSWJ (1 review written)

Although I had high hopes for the ease of use, and that was there, the poor durability of the lens mechanism, and the POOR KODAK SUPPORT FOR THEIR EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS... has led me off to the world of even more expensive cameras... that will actually support their products.

my 110 still works, and it cost less than 15 bucks. Why shouldn't my 300+ dollar digital camera still be working ?
    Because, quality has gone down hill, and, their support is completely inadequate. … Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare LS443

“Very bad I could only take pics for like 1 year with...”

Written on: 25/12/2007

Very bad I could only take pics for like 1 year with my Kodak Easyshare LS443 and thats very bad for $500!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
    Kodak EasyShare LS443

“I bought my LS443 after saving for 6 months and it...”

Written on: 27/06/2007 by mheller1 (1 review written)

I bought my LS443 after saving for 6 months and it cost me over $300. I have a wife and 4 kids and wanted what I thought was a quality camera from a quality company. I thought by spending more money, I would be getting a better quality camera. Check out all the reviews... Boy was I wrong! I sent the camera back for repair error E45 Lens froze in open position, of course, they sent it back with a different broken Item on it, the selector wheel. I sent it back again, they supposedly fixed it… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare LS443

“Kodak EasyShare LS443 - After 2 years ~ 4700 shots...”

Written on: 05/07/2005 by paulib (1 review written)

Kodak EasyShare LS443 - After 2 years ~ 4700 shots taken ~ the camera stops taking shots in any type of zoom mode. All shots are either completely black or white-outed. Then finally does this in all modes… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare LS443

“I bought this camera in December 2002. I was happy...”

Written on: 27/09/2004 by stevejwoolley (1 review written)

I bought this camera in December 2002. I was happy until we were half way through a holiday in Florida when it developed a fault. The problem is that the on/off switch is on the mode dial at the back of the camera and is very easy to knock on accidently. Obviously being a zoom camera when this happens the lens extends and can jam. This happened to me on the said holiday in May 2003, so I didn't get use out of the spare battery and sd card that I bought especially.
    I had the camera repaired… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare LS443

“This was a great camera, until just after one year, it...”

Written on: 24/09/2004 by jmagick (1 review written)

This was a great camera, until just after one year, it started taking blurry pictures (out of the warranty period). Interestingly, I discussed this problem with two colleagues who also owned Kodak digital cameras (different models) and BOTH of them had to send their cameras to Kodak for repairs as well (not exactly a scientific sample size...but not a good indicator). After receiving my camera back from the Kodak repair shop, it had a gasket protruding between the body and lens...so back to… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare LS443

“Because of their policy of not standing behind a...”

Written on: 20/07/2004 by auvilleg (1 review written)

Because of their policy of not standing behind a defective product after ONE YEAR, I will never knowlingly buy a Kodak product again. My problem seems similar to problem of the billymac review regarding faulty lens "lens mechanism jammed" and his failed twice within a year. I had the camera for about 1 yr and 8 months and then it quit working. So all Kodak would say was the warranty is only 1 year. So although they sold me a faulty camera [and obviously know this camera has a faulty lens… Read Full Review

166543_Brucefleck's Response to auvilleg's Review

Written on: 20/08/2004

Amen, Mine has been in the shop three times in 19 months.
    <br>I am done with Kodak.

Rab C's Response to auvilleg's Review

Written on: 03/04/2006

Kadak LS ranges are defective I have similar problems with the ABOVE people. Is there any solutions to solving LS633 death problems.

Kodak EasyShare LS443

“The Kodak LS443 Digital Camera is good only for full...”

Written on: 09/03/2004 by aben (1 review written)

The Kodak LS443 Digital Camera is good only for full light picture taking and close-ups… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare LS443

“Purchased my Kodak LS443 digital camera 2/03 and...”

Written on: 27/01/2004 by billymac (3 reviews written)

Purchased my Kodak LS443 digital camera 2/03 and worked perfectly until 7/03 then had to be returned to Kodak as the lens mechanism jammed. Repaired camera failed again (same problem) 12/03. Contacted Kodak again who replaced the LS443 with a brand new LS633 and a mountain of accessories with no quibbles and a turn round time of 4 days. New cammera even better than the LS443. Disappointed that my original purchase failed but respect to Kodak for their response… Read Full Review

Tony Gardner's Response to billymac's Review

Written on: 06/04/2004

Mine also has a defective lens mechanism.Boughtin June 03,repaired Feb.04. returned for same fault April 04. awaiting outcome

168520_Gancanny's Response to billymac's Review

Written on: 03/09/2004

I bought a LS443 in July 2003. The lens mechanism jammed in January 2004. I returned it to Kodak who repaired it and returned it to me. The same problem happened in April 2004 and again the camera was repaired and returned to me. In August 2004 the camera developed the same fault. I rang Kodak and explained that this was the third occurence of the same fault and I needed it back within 2 weeks. I was told that they would probably replace it. I received a call the next day to say that they would repair it again but ensure I had it back in time for when I needed it. After many phone calls they decided to replace it with the LS743 and one week after I needed it I got my original camera back. I rang and complained and she said she would escalate it to customer care and see if they could still replace the camera although the one I had would have to be returned first. Still awaiting outcome.

Tony Gardner's Response to billymac's Review

Written on: 09/08/2004

Further to my previous comment Kodak did replace my LS443 just before the guarantee expired with their LS743 and 6000 camera Dock. This is a much better designed model which cannot be switched on by mistake; has more options, better resolution video and a paper manual. So far I am completely happy with it.

161785_Azlai's Response to billymac's Review

Written on: 10/07/2004

I'm currently having this problem, which I also had a year earlier. Even though kodak repaired the problem I'm still having to get it repaired again today. The explantion for my first repair was "stripped gears inside the lens," and yes I'm scared that that's the reason why it's doing this again. If I had a second chance I wouldn't by this camera. Even if it's off lying in your bag, one you knock your bag around somehow the camera will turn on and your lens will get messed up.

Mfenton's Response to billymac's Review

Written on: 22/04/2004

Have had multiple problems with the lens mechanism jamming with my LA443 also. Had lens mechanism repaired, then replaced, and then they replaced the entire camera. Even the replacement camera is having the same problems.

Kodak EasyShare LS443

“Poor power on switch. I am constanlty turning it on...”

Written on: 14/10/2003 by mdavis (1 review written)

Poor power on switch. I am constanlty turning it on by accident. Fortunately, it has a power save mode. I hope the lens does not get damaged by attemping to expand in the case.
    Did not come with a case!
    4.0 is too high a resolution for emailing. Did