Daisy Powerline 622X Reviews

Daisy Powerline 622X - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Daisy Powerline 622X

Daisy Powerline 622X
Daisy Powerline 622X

“Daisy 622x it a good co2 pistol 22cal.”

Written on: 04/08/2014 by agarwood (6 reviews written)

I have the 622x for 7 years have no problem with it. It is very reliable. good points 1, powerful co2 semi auto 22cal. 2, accurate even better than my umarex Beretta and Cp88 at 15m distance. (I found that big cal better for longer distance perhaps because larger caliber pellet carry more mass so it could travel more stable than less mass pellet). 3,very good trigger in Sa and Da action even better than my umarex Beretta. Bad points 1, barrel lock made by plastic. 2, only 30 good shots… Read Full Review

“Had to toss my 622x after just a year. The rotary...”

Written on: 22/01/2011

Had to toss my 622x after just a year. The rotary clips never aligned with the barrel right out of the box so had to manually align the pellet each time to get it to shoot out of the gun! I lived with that for a year. I finally tossed the thing when it stopped taking Co2 cartridges. As I would turn the puncture screw into the cartridge all the gas would escape at once like it couldn't catch the seal. I tried lubricating that area but to no avail. Overall very disappointed with the product's… Read Full Review

Agarwood's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2014

i have a 622 too, it only have 30 good shots for a co2 gas bottle. more than 30 shots it would rotary clips never aligned with the barrel right . keep in mind. for the leaking you can fix it by change seal.

“Daisy Powerline 622X. This gun has perfect accuracy, a...”

Written on: 27/01/2009

Daisy Powerline 622X. This gun has perfect accuracy, a great grip, and is easy to aim. This gun can easily out shoot any of the overpriced air riffles I own, and that's saying a lot. May not weighted enough (this really isn't a major, or even a minor issue)… Read Full Review

Davidpage's Comment

Written on: 14/12/2012

Great pistol , but have one problem leaking gas after loading cylinder. is there anything that can be done.

“There is a tab that sticks out on the bottom of the...”

Written on: 16/12/2007 by ajvenom (18 reviews written)

There is a tab that sticks out on the bottom of the pistol cover. I shaved it down so it looks more realistic and matches the other side. Probably not the thing to do if you are a collector, but I just wanted something that looked realistic and shoots well. I can get about 48 well powered shots, 12 lowered power shots and 6 lobbers for a total, or 66 shots for plinking per CO2 cartridge. Pulling back the hammer, you can shoot single action which gives you a good two stage trigger feel… Read Full Review

“I was looking for a 22cal air pistol for a long time....”

Written on: 13/09/2006 by kiwishooter (23 reviews written)

I was looking for a 22cal air pistol for a long time. Before the Daisy Powerline 622X had been introduced to market, the only 22 cal co2 semi-auto pistol available in NZ were Crosman revolver 8 shots and Daisy 44revolver 6 shots. These guns have been in the market between year 1974-1985.

Because of I want a 22cal semi-auto air pistol, an airgun selling agent introduced a Daisy 622x to me and it cost me $220 NZ. $220 probably is the lowest price for an air pistol in New Zealand. Even a Gamo V3… Read Full Review

“The Daisy Powerline 622X is a fantastic pistol that...”

Written on: 07/09/2006 by slyitry (1 review written)

The Daisy Powerline 622X is a fantastic pistol that Daisy really should consider bringing back to the market! I don't think that any pistol is perfect but for me the 622X does come mighty close. I like accuracy more that anything else! So what it only has six shots, for me all it takes is one. With this pistol I can usually hit what I am aiming for within reason, so that's what I find important. People complain about the CO2 knob on the bottom of the gun. That's an easy fix, just use a… Read Full Review

“Hey, if you're like me, and you are searching the...”

Written on: 07/09/2006 by Kody (2 reviews written)

Hey, if you're like me, and you are searching the internet looking at reviews at like 10:00pm trying to decide which airgun you want to purchase. Get the Daisy Powerline 622X. It's an awesome gun for target practice because the accuracy is as good as you want it to be! Like, the first week I had mine I was so amazed because I was standing probably 40 feet away from this pop can and I aimed right in the center, shot the gun. Then I saw that the bullet went right through one side and went out… Read Full Review

Thepaladin's Response to Kody's Review

Written on: 04/01/2007

I've got one, any idea where they can still be found? It took me forever to track the one i have down, and I had to trade for it. I traded a Night Stalker, i think we both thought we got the best of the deal.

“The night before I got my Daisy Powerline 622X I was...”

Written on: 06/09/2006 by Kody (2 reviews written)

The night before I got my Daisy Powerline 622X I was searching the Internet looking at reviews. I couldn't decide between the Gamo P-23, PT-80, and the Walther CP Sport. They were all in my price range and they had all three at the local sporting good store. I decided to purchase the 622X and I'm glad I did. I haven't had any problems with it yet and I'm hoping I won't, so if you are searching for a pellet gun, get this one, you'll be glad you did… Read Full Review

“Daisy Powerline 622X - I'm adding this late as the...”

Written on: 04/09/2006 by thepaladin (49 reviews written)

Daisy Powerline 622X - I'm adding this late as the pistol has been out of production for some time now. I spent a long time searching for one. I happen to be retired on disability and my "disposable income" has now largely been disposed of. I am on Social Security Disability (which it took 3 years to get) and am still in court trying to get the insurance company I paid all those years at the company I worked for to pay the long term disability I bought. So, when at last someone finally offered… Read Full Review

Slyitry's Response to thepaladin's Review

Written on: 07/09/2006

Unfortunately I have had the same problem with my pistol; pull the trigger and co2 is expelled but no pellet. The good news is that it's an easy fix. Just tighten down the phillips head screw on the top of the pistol. Now 300 pellets later and no problems!! This is a fantastic pistol that I have enjoyed so much that I have 3! One that I use all the time, one that's on standby if anything ever happens to my first one and one that Brand New in the original package!

Kiwishooter's Response to thepaladin's Review

Written on: 12/10/2006

Go on Google and search USA airgun shops, like airgun depot, they sell .22 cal semi-auto air pistols in the USA.

Written on: 11/10/2006

Somehow that comment got messed up. Probably the way I typed it. I meant I hadn't seen the Falcon.

Written on: 10/10/2006

Thanks kiwishooter. I haven't seen a Daisy Powerline 622X, but I'll look for one now. I haven't been able to find any .22 semi auto air pistols. I thought they'd all been discontinued.

Kiwishooter's Response to thepaladin's Review

Written on: 10/10/2006

I have a Daisy Powerline 622x. The trigger pull is very smooth. The power and accuracy are excellent. When I decided to buy one more 622x 3 months after I had bought the first 622x, the gun shopper told me there were no more in stock and that no more were being produced. Now I can not get any more 22cal semi-auto pistols in New Zealand. Only Falcon made 22cal semi-auto pre-charged air pistols are banned from New Zealand. You're lucky mate being in the USA. You can still buy a Falcon semi-auto air pistol made by Falcon in the US.

Written on: 08/09/2006

thanks slyitry, I'll try the same with the 617 it's not as satisfying to shoot as the 622, but it's what we can get now. I agree, the 622 is a great pistol.

“Well I wanted the Daisy Powerline 622X as a gun to get...”

Written on: 05/11/2004 by vett1 (6 reviews written)

Well I wanted the Daisy Powerline 622X as a gun to get back into shooting but could not find one so I got the Walther cp99, I really didn't care for it much then I got an Anics A3000 skif, I sent that back the next day. finally I found a new Daisy 622x and ordered it, when it got here I wasn't that impressed with the looks of it, it was OK but did not compare to the Walther. Any way I loaded it up and took a shot wow it felt good and sounded nice, in the last two days I shot about 60 rounds on… Read Full Review

198032_Bigblockstang's Response to vett1's Review

Written on: 17/06/2005

what are some of the store chains that carry this gun

Girojohn's Response to vett1's Review

Written on: 26/11/2005

If you're UK based try www.surplusstore.co.uk they stock it.

“My Father Just Bought The Daisy Powerline 622X For me...”

Written on: 23/04/2004 by KINGJ (1 review written)

My Father Just Bought The Daisy Powerline 622X For me Today, At Sports Authority. I've Had A .177 Crosman 1008B (or As I Call It, My .45) for a While. It's A Real Nice Gun, Especially With The Laser. That Gun Can't Even Begin To Compare To The Daisy Powerline 622X though. I Was Playing Around, And Dry Fired it Once Towards The Dirt, From A Foot Or So Above The Ground, And Needless To Say, The Dirt Flew, And The Noise Almost Popped My Ears. This Gun Sounds Pretty Damn Close To The .22 Rifles… Read Full Review

198032_Bigblockstang's Response to KINGJ's Review

Written on: 17/06/2005

what are some of the united states chains of stores that you can buy this gun at

Grahassoc's Response to KINGJ's Review

Written on: 03/07/2006

Pentagon do have them in stock as of this date as I managed to order one from them to be shipped here in the UK good luck!

Thepaladin's Response to KINGJ's Review

Written on: 30/06/2006

Thanks for your input. I've contacted Pentagon Defense before, but will try again. Several places still show this pistol on their web sites, but then just show them as out of stock. I've Emailed Pentagon for up to date info, if anyone else might know of a place a 622X might be available let me know, I'll do the same should I find a place. (I've also contacted Daisy and encouraged them to make it available again)
<br>Thanks

Grahassoc's Response to KINGJ's Review

Written on: 29/06/2006

This pistol can be obtained from Pentagon Defense Products who will also ship to the UK.
<br>www.pentagondefense.com

Thepaladin's Response to KINGJ's Review

Written on: 25/04/2006

I've read wonderful reviews of this pistol everywhere, yet for some reason Daisy chose to discontinue it. I'm still engaged in a so far futile search for one. If you know where some may be available maybe it could be posted here.

“When I bought the Daisy Powerline 622X, I was suprised...”

Written on: 04/03/2004 by chubbum (1 review written)

When I bought the Daisy Powerline 622X, I was suprised by the shear size of the pistol and how it felt in my hand compared to cheaper air pistols. it is a fun gun to shoot cans and what not but the accuracy of it can be hit or miss. I did read however you can buy a laser that mounts on the trigger guard which cost about $20 that crosman and daisy both make. It is extremly powerful being able to shoot through steel cans… Read Full Review

“A Daisy Powerline 622X great pistol its very powerful...”

Written on: 01/03/2004 by gopher31 (1 review written)

A Daisy Powerline 622X great pistol its very powerful its manual says its 4.9ftlbs but mine is over 5 for the irst 20 shots or soand does over 450fps for the first 10 shots with 14 gr .22 pellets and stays above 300 for the first 40 shots. This means that at the beginning it has power rivaling alot of the larger .177 rifles.

It can go through 5 cans side to side and through 1/2 inch plywood no probs

Even with my soft little milbor jets that i'm using it has excellent penetration i'll add… Read Full Review

Gopher31's Response to gopher31's Review

Written on: 07/03/2004

This pistol ofen opens up as you fire it but I have found a way to fix it:
<br>
<br>under the barrel when its up there is a spring it holds the barrel up while you load if you remove this spring you will get no more misfires

183110_Matthew Bias's Response to gopher31's Review

Written on: 02/02/2005

5 ft/lbs, .22 14 gr pellet wont go through 1/2 in plywood...not possible in this dimension...20 ft/lbs of energy from 14 gr .22 pellet will...not 5 or even 10!

“I personally think that 22 Cal. air pistols are real...”

Written on: 09/02/2004 by kingstripe (4 reviews written)

I personally think that 22 Cal. air pistols are real airguns and all the .177 Cal. co2 pistols are toys. I have owned many .177 Cal CO2 pistols. They are all weak! Specially the Walther and the Gamo pistols. At 7 feet away, they have problem penetrate into a inch thick magazine. I put the magazine next to a tree in my back yard and shot it with my Daisy Powerline 622X at about 20 feet away. The pellets all went through the magazine and a few went into the tree.

I just don't understand… Read Full Review

Ackissell's Response to kingstripe's Review

Written on: 17/02/2004

I would like to question the owners of this airgun Daisy 622x if it would be pliable for home security/self defense. Im figuring a .22 cal pointed pellet should suffice as some stopping power? Comments?

Kiwishooter's Response to kingstripe's Review

Written on: 18/09/2006

I had read you review two times, after I read the article, I brought the 622x and it is as good as you described in the review.

Kingstripe's Response to kingstripe's Review

Written on: 17/02/2004

Yes I think the .22 cal with a fully charged CO2 can be used as a personal defense weapon. It has a lot more punch than the .177 cal therefore, it could create a lot more pain. However, I totally DO NOT believe there is any CO2 pistol out there that has the “stopping power.”

“I got this awesome 22 the first month it hit the...”

Written on: 07/01/2004 by Dylan (8 reviews written)

I got this awesome 22 the first month it hit the online stores. Daisy did a great job at making this gun which is molded after a 92fs Beretta. Its the only 22 air pistol that uses a 6 shot rotary clip, its shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger. The gun has never jammed on me, in the 2 years that I have owned it.

Its rated at 400fps, but on my chronograph using a varity of different pellets it topped off at 436fps. you can use any type of 22 pellets (Hollow, domed, pointed, flat, etc) It… Read Full Review

Jmurda's Response to Dylan's Review

Written on: 01/10/2004

I agree with the loading is a lot faster with the .22 caliber pellets. I have the 617x it has a good weight but he pellets move bout 25 fps faster than the .22 depending if you use coated pellets. what is the total size difference in the pellets of the 2 guns

“When I was choosing what airpistol to buy, I decided...”

Written on: 09/10/2003 by me myself (5 reviews written)

When I was choosing what airpistol to buy, I decided to buy this Daisy Powerline 622X because of its affordable price and nice specifications.I used local pellets (cheap) and it jammed. It gave me problems and its not it's fault. This gun needs high quality pellets so it wouldnt be jammed.

Generally it is a great airpistol for its price. It shoots very powerful shots. It can smash a small clay jar. Its accurate about 40 shots of CO2. Its not that accurate sometimes because of its fixed sights… Read Full Review

“Overall I am satisfied with my purchase of the Daisy...”

Written on: 23/06/2003 by T-money. (1 review written)

Overall I am satisfied with my purchase of the Daisy Powerline Model 622X CO2 powered pistol. After looking at many different guns, I decided this was the model for me since it packed a good punch at a cheap price. After receiving it a few days ago I took it outside to shoot at some cans. The first thing I noticed was that the CO2 didn't leak what-so-ever after putting it in the gun. I then started shooting. It was very accurate, and punched holes right through the cans. There was one problem… Read Full Review

Madcapmagician's Response to 109772_T-money.'s Review

Written on: 19/08/2003

If the gun only fires half the time why have you given it 9/10.....?

Mrl2718's Response to 109772_T-money.'s Review

Written on: 27/09/2003

T-money- The misfiring problem is a manufacturing problem you should take up with the manufacturer. You should have received a pink flyer with the instructions showing you how to return the pistol to the manufacturer. You may have to pay for the work if it is done outside the warranty period (one year from purchase date). Do not wait too long to have it fixed! In my case, the pistol fires every time I pull the trigger as long as it is in the fire (not safe) mode, there is a pellet in the clip and it is loaded with a CO2 cartridge. I also found the pistol to be reasonably accurate at 20 ft for an air pistol. (I haver not tried it at 50 ft. yet) I do not expect to hit the bullseye with every shot but I want to get in the 10,9,or 8 ring when I follow the fundamentals of pistol shooting and fire it. I am happy with it!. The six shots clip is a limitation but I knew that when I purchased the pistol. Even the real AR15s, especially after the asault weapons ban, have limitations with the number of shots and the size of the magazines.
<br>Let the manufacturer resolve the firing problem for you! Hopefully this is helpful

“Well, I'm not big into airguns, but I've fired the...”

Written on: 19/06/2003 by Future One. (1 review written)

Well, I'm not big into airguns, but I've fired the Beretta CO2 and the Walther PPK CO2, so I can compare.

The .22 caliber certainly hits harder than the .177, at least by 1/4 more power, by my estimates, perhaps eve 1/3rd (manual says it can muster 4.9ft/p, I don't know how accurate that figure is, maybe if the target is a meter away?).

The gun looks nice, but feels light, because it's plastic over metal. Easy to load, but only 6 shots per clip. I don't like the loading mechanism, you have to… Read Full Review

109042_De-Bunker.'s Response to 108676_Future One.'s Review

Written on: 20/06/2003

Hi, chronoed mine at 4ft.lbs, the fps figures are often stated for quite light pellets, like 'Hobbies' at 11gr, but if you assume it's a regular 14gr one, you get slightly inflated figure. Also, depends on temperature of course.
<br>
<br>I do like mine, yes, it's a bit light, and yes the screw does rather spoil the lines of it, but I forgive it al that when I get rattling tins.
<br>
<br>And for the money, it's pretty good for a plinking pistol. Better than my Anics A101M. Although I can forgive that it's foibles, as it to was pretty cheap, spits out about 4ft.lbs, but the best bit, 15 round capacity. I realy amgoin gto have to buy a SKIF and get 28 shots though, wowza!

Gopher31's Response to 108676_Future One.'s Review

Written on: 01/03/2004

Mine didn\'t drop below 4ftlbs the entire time I tested it and peaked at over 5
<br>It is at least twice as powerful as the walther ppk IMO

“I think this is a great air pistol for the price! It's...”

Written on: 07/02/2003 by Cyn. (1 review written)

I think this is a great air pistol for the price! It's accurate and the CO2 has minimum leakage. I do wish that the clip held more than 6 pellets though… Read Full Review

105442_Billy.'s Response to 71186_Cyn.'s Review

Written on: 08/06/2003

Hey, I am considering getting this gun, but I was wondering if there was anywhere you could buy additional clips for this gun.

120229_Chris.'s Response to 71186_Cyn.'s Review

Written on: 31/07/2003

Hey, I want ot buy this gun. Can you get it at Walmart?

114621_Greg.'s Response to 71186_Cyn.'s Review

Written on: 10/07/2003

You can get extra clips here.
<br>http://www.airgundepot.com/daisy-powerline-622x.html
<br>-Greg

Mrgoud2000.'s Response to 71186_Cyn.'s Review

Written on: 26/06/2003

Billy,
<br>
<br>You can get extra clips at:
<br>http://www.webstorespro.com/flairblitz/index.pl?c=5

Cyn.'s Response to 71186_Cyn.'s Review

Written on: 10/06/2003

The gun comes with 3 clips. I ordered my additional clips from Daisy the manufacturer, but, I recently looked on thier website and have seen that they are no longer on the order form. You can contact Daisy to find out if they still carry them or not.
<br> (800) 643-3458
<br>E-Mail: info@daisy.com
<br>
<br> I hope this helps! It's really a great gun!
<br> Happy shooting!
<br> -Cyn

105995_De-Bunker.'s Response to 71186_Cyn.'s Review

Written on: 10/06/2003

Billy, you get three six shot clips in the pack. I've never seen them advertised as a separate accessory, but a quick call to your local Daisy dealer might yield some results.
<br>
<br>Even three don't last long enough though, esp if you like rattling tins with a triple tap!

“For the size and accuracy of this model, I would...”

Written on: 11/10/2002 by John. (1 review written)

For the size and accuracy of this model, I would highly recommend the Daisy Powerline 622X CO2 pistol to any shooter. It has great looks as well as a nice finish. And, for the price especially in a .22 caliber, you can't beat it… Read Full Review

44701_De-Bunker.'s Response to 43094_John.'s Review

Written on: 18/10/2002

The Daisy 622x is a good pistol, but let's not get carried away, it's not worth a 10!
<br>
<br>Yes, it's fairly accurate (more so than my Anics A101, but less accurate than my S&W 6")
<br>
<br>It's powerful, about 4ft.lbs, and good fun for rattling tins. But it is plastic shrouded (over an alloy frame) and a bit light.
<br>
<br>Controls and trigger are OK, but the trigger isn't as good as the S&W.
<br>
<br>I think 8 is a fair rating. I'm happy with mine, but not ecstatic!

152734_Weihrauch Boy's Response to 43094_John.'s Review

Written on: 23/04/2004

I own a hw45 in .22 caliber and my average is 485 fps and for a pistol its pretty good. I have read every review on the hw45 and eventually inspired me to get it. If you want any advice on a pistol to get I would recommend co2 92fs Beretta, this pistol looks and feels great, it is really powerful and has great accuracy, I would also recommend the weihrauch hw45 in .22 because it is great target practice. It is EXTREMELY powerful

104665_Ccm.'s Response to 43094_John.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2003

Thanks for the advice. Although i havn't made any final decision about which pistol(s) to get, you were right that I was expecting alot from just one, so i'll divide and conquer, find a good plinker first, then look for a pnematic for more serious practice.
<br>(I wrote a more complete response before, but do to some technicle dificulties, mainly me, I had to write it again.)
<br>Thankyou once again, When i get the new plinker broken in i'll be sure to put up a review.

104135_De-Bunker.'s Response to 43094_John.'s Review

Written on: 04/06/2003

Ccm dude, you're asking for a lot in one package. Daisy 622x is an excellent plinker, but has fixed sights, so not really good enough for target shooting.
<br>
<br>Depends on how accurate you want for 'informal' target. You at last need adjustable sights, which come as standard on the Umarex Beretta. Best accuracy you'll get is about an inch at 10m,. however.
<br>
<br>So you might be better getting the cheaper Daisy 622x for plinking, and looking for a second hand target pistol, or a cheaper introduction target pistol. Depends on how much you want to spend. The Gamo Compact is a well respected lower priced target pistol, single stroke pneumatic, and as powerful as most c02 powered .177 pistols.
<br>
<br>Or there is the very cheap Baikal IZH53, or a the Daisy 747, the upgraded version of the Daisy 717 (Dasiy is single stroke pneumatic, and therefore, recoilles again)
<br>
<br>Or something like the Webley Nemesis (Single Stroke Pneumatic), or Weihrauch HW45 (spring). Both quite well respected pistols, the HW45 being quite powerful (close to UK legal limit), and that one alone might be good enough for your purposes on it's own. Single shot only though.
<br>
<br>Handle a few, as feel is everything. I was interested in an 8" S&W until I held it for a while. I knew my accuracy would start to suffer after a while, those extra two inches of barrel would tire me out after a coulpe of hundred shots. So I settled for the 6" version.

Ccm.'s Response to 43094_John.'s Review

Written on: 13/05/2003

~~Looking for a co2 pistol
<br>like so many of us out there.
<br>A fun gun...~~
<br>Daisy 622x, berreta 92fs, or possibly the crossman 1008B??? The 622x and the berreta are both modled after the same gun, which is a nice look. The crossman basicly has price on its side, but it's quality has been questioned. It may be the simplest option for plinking. I like the power and accuracy of the 622x and barreta, and of course the power of the 622x (.22)
<br>
<br>I want one of them for plinking, and a MODERATE amount of informal target shooting. It comes down to the power of the 622x, against the solid steel construction and (?) better quality, weight and looks of the umarex replica(?)
<br>
<br>Does anyone have both the 622x AND berreta replica? A side by side comparison would be priceless!
<br> Thanks!

59548_Bear.'s Response to 43094_John.'s Review

Written on: 21/12/2002

Hi Digger! About the only pistol I can think of which meets your spec is the HW45. This pistol in 4.5mm (.177) has variable power, delivering a CLAIMED 600fps on the high setting. There's a 5.5mm (.22) version available too, but I don't know what velocity is claimed. The pistol bears a more than pasing resemblance to the .45ACP. Hope this helps!

58698_Digger.'s Response to 43094_John.'s Review

Written on: 17/12/2002

I want to find a powerful (450fps+), reliable, durable and aesthetically pleasing air pistol.
money isn't too much of an issue (up to £200).
however, I want a gun that looks authentic, yet is powerful etc.
Any recommendations?